What rule changes should the NHL make when it returns.

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

centennialfan

What rule changes should the NHL make when it returns.

Post by centennialfan »

When the NHL returns to play (if it returns) what would you suggest that they do to make the game more exciting and fan friendly?<br><br>Here are a few of my ideas:<br><br>1.) No red line<br>2.) No-touch icing<br>3.) Tag-up offsides <p></p><i></i>
gunslinger

Re: What rule changes should the NHL make when it returns.

Post by gunslinger »

1. First of all two line pass has to go, open it up, its what the fans pay for. These guys are so worried about defensive stats.. sheeshhhh... lets play...<br><br>2. Tag up ofsides is a must... really helps the flow of the game..<br><br>3. (my personal choice) Who likes to see all the overtime ties.... have them got to a shoot out! Now thats what the fans want to see..... Ties suck! Like kissing your sister, and unless you live in Alabama... thats not a lot of fun!<br><br>-The SLinger<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
oldgoalie

Post by oldgoalie »

ABSOLUTELY...shoot-out is a must after a 5-minute OT<br><br>also... I like the fights, unless it gets out-of-hand...lighten up a little on the game misconducts <p></p><i></i>
CameronCamry

Post by CameronCamry »

I'd rather see overtime than shootouts. 5x5 in first OT, 4x4 in second, 3x3 in third..Then maybe a shootout <p></p><i></i>