2006-07 Bantam B1 preview

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

my2cents

2006-07 Bantam B1 preview

Post by my2cents »

Who will be good? What are the large associations doing - splitting to two equal teams or creating an upper team? (Edina, Wayzata, WBL, EP, Centennial, Maple Grove). Is Blake having a B1 team? What about the smaller schools that are going to B1 as their top team (dropping from A's) - any from District 1?

I'm guessing some of the good teams should be:

Wayzata Blue, Wayzata Gold, Edina Green, Edina White, EP Black, EP Red, Chaska, Blake, Duluth East, Maple Grove, Blaine, Princeton, Centennial Red, WBL Black, WBL Orange, Woodbury, Champlin Park, Lakeville So, Rochester, Stillwater, Grand Rapids, Moorhead, Roseville, Minnetonka, Burnsville

Post your team's outlook
ShootPassScore

Bantam B1 Teams

Post by ShootPassScore »

I'm guessing EP will take a slight hit with two teams instead of one. Centennial (Red) hasnt showed much (tied WBL Orange and Black) but they are always good. Blaine maybe one to watch out for out of D10 along with Andover. Wayzata Blue looks strongest early but who knows?
hockeyfan92621

Post by hockeyfan92621 »

Grand Rapids may end up with two small Bantam B teams due to numbers. Not sure if they will be a B and B2 or two equal B teams. Not sure how strong they will be because of it.
Nice to see them included though.
IM4U2C

Post by IM4U2C »

Eden Prairie BANTAM B1 RED is all first year players. 11 of the 17 played for the EP peewee A state champs in '05-06. The Eden Prairie BANTAM B1 BLACK team has 14 second year and 3 first year. Should be very interesting! :shock:
ice00breaker

Post by ice00breaker »

Anybody want to give their top 20?
hockeyman57

Post by hockeyman57 »

Which of the 2 EP teams do you think will be better. I have no idea. :?:
ShootPassScore

Top 10

Post by ShootPassScore »

I guess my top 10 would be

1. Wayzata Blue
2. EP Black
3. Edina White
4. Blaine
5. WBL Orange
6. Centennial Red
7. Edina Green
8. Duluth East
9. WBL Black
10. EP Red

What do you guys think?
IM4U2C

Post by IM4U2C »

EP Black has size, and EP red has speed and skill.

Tuesday night EP red beat Roseville 3-2
Wednesday night EP black beat Roseville 3-0 :?
my2cents

early scores

Post by my2cents »

according to websites - so far

Wayzata Blue over Stillwater 6-0
Wayzata Blue over Elk River 10-4
Wayzata Gold over Minnetonka 3-2
Blaine over WBL Orange 5-2
WBL Orange ties Centennial Red 3-3
WBL Black ties Centennial Red 2-2
Woodbury over Tartan 2-0

Upcoming Scrimmages within the next week:

Wayzata Gold vs EP (which?) and vs Jefferson
Blaine vs Woodbury, Wayzata Blue, Minnetonka, Edina White
Centennial Red vs Roseville, and vs EP (which?)
WBL Black vs EP (which?)

D2 league games start already on 11/1 with WBL vs Roseville

Scores dopn't mean much this early, especially with the new rules, but we'll start to get a picture of the TC area teams over the next week or two.

If it's true that EP Black is almost all second year players, then I'd expect them to have good size, while the Red team will be smaller but fast. If the Wayzata Blue team is more loaded than the Gold team, then look out for them. Edina White has a few A level players on their roster.
ShootPassScore

Post by ShootPassScore »

EP may be very strong indeed. I bet the Red team starts a little slow being all first years. They'll be there in the end though. EP Black has got to be the D6 favorite.
Wayzata had a B1-1 (Blue) and B1-2 (Gold) last year, I don't know if they changed. Judging on the scores so far I would say they are still the same. Watch our for the Blue team, they won it all last year I think.
MNHockeyObserver

Preview

Post by MNHockeyObserver »

EP Black should not be #2, especially at this point and Black and Red are not 8 slots apart. Bring black down a few notches and Red up a few. Maybe 6 and 8, respectively. I believe Centennial is better an their scrimmages and will come alive in the next couple weeks. Yes, Wayz Blue did win the title last year and Coach Hanse will have his kids buzzing again this season.

For upcoming scrimmage questions, Wayz Gold is EP Red and Centennial Red is EP Red. WBL Black is against EP Black.

Two teams I think are getting overlooked are Blake and Burnsville. Both with good coaching. Chaska should be another team to watch for. State runners-up at BB and a strong PW group. D6 should be very competitive.

My question is who will be that one lone-ranger-dark-horse? Last season Princeton and Sauk Centre-Long Prairie surprised some people and before that it was Dodge County. Eagan should be solid again this season and Rochester can always be in there. Moorhead has been a solid team for many seasons and that may continue.

How do you think the new regional seeding format will affect the State participant pool?
hockeyman57

Post by hockeyman57 »

My Top 10 is
Wayzata Blue
winner of EP Red/black and centennial red
Edina ?
Chaska
Duluth East
EagleGuy91

Thanks MNHO

Post by EagleGuy91 »

Hockeyman57 . . .your top 10 only has 5 in it. By definition a top ten needs . . . #-o ten in it. Who else ya got?

Thanks and welcome back to the MNHO for knocking my Black team down a few rungs. We are certainly not a pre-season #2 [-X, especially with two B teams in town. Yes, we are the old foggies in town, but the teams were still picked to be pretty balanced. The final D6 game of the season will tell us if we succeeded. Nice way to end the year, with a showdown.

Almost time to drop the first puck!
Signed,
Johnny Cash, The Man in Black 8)
:lol:
ice00breaker

Post by ice00breaker »

Here are some of the upcoming scrimmages

WBL Black @ EP Black 10/27
Blaine @ Wayzata Blue (B1-1) 10/29
Wayzata Blue (B1-1) @ Chaska 11/4
Centennial Red (B1-1)@ EP Red 11/2
Centennial Red (B1-1)v.s. Roseville 10/28
Centennial Red (B1-1)v.s. Edina Green 10/30
Edina White @ Blaine 11/2
Elk River @ Roseville 10/27
Centenial Black (B1-2) @ WBL Orange

Any Predictions?
Last edited by ice00breaker on Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HShockey2180

top 10

Post by HShockey2180 »

1-Centennial Red
2-EP Black
3-Edina White
4-WBL Orange
5-Wayzata Blue
6-Blaine
7-Duluth East
8-Edina Green
9-Rochester Black
10-WBL Black
sniper20

Post by sniper20 »

NP plays Burnsville on sunday according to the NP website.
ice00breaker

Post by ice00breaker »

Does anybody have any scores yet of some of the games hat are listed or unlisted?
hockeyman57

Post by hockeyman57 »

EP red beat Wayzata Gold 4-1. EP outshot them 35-10 but Wayzata goalie played good. EP Black played White Bear Lake Black Thursday. Don't know the score. Centennial red tied WBL Black and Orange. EP Red plays Centenial Red Thursday.
ice00breaker

Post by ice00breaker »

Does anyone know the score of Centennial Red v.s. EP Red or Wayzata Blue v.s. Blaine?
IM4U2C

Post by IM4U2C »

I watched the Wayzata Gold & EP Red game on Saturday. For all u pollsters out there I will give u a hint: Put EP RED in your top 5! \:D/
IM4U2C

Post by IM4U2C »

One more hint: Leave WBL off the top ten until further notice.
ShootPassScore

Post by ShootPassScore »

Is this is the EP Bantam room or what? What do we know about other teams? hshockey's top 10 from Friday is way off. Centennial Red is not the best team in the state. EP Black or Wayzata Blue have got to be the favorites, but Centennial hasnt done anything to make it worthy of no.1. Its October I know but lets look at who these teams have played AND beaten. Moose Goheen will be the first big showdown. Roseville and Minnetonka have had tough early schedules was that a good idea?

Any early picks for District Champions?
ice00breaker

Post by ice00breaker »

Everyone needs to remember that Wayzata Blue is a lot better than Wayzata Gold. I havent heard muck talk about either Edina teams or Chaska who should have very good teams. Also, WBL is not that great. If you are basing your rankings on the entire youth progam as a whole or what the high school teams are like then please do not post your rankings.
ShootPassScore

Post by ShootPassScore »

Amen IceBreaker!

Here's what I think for District (ones that contend every year anyway) Champs.

D2: White Bear Lake Black
D3: Wayzata Blue
D6: EP Black
D8: Eagan
D10: Centennial Red
D11:Duluth East
D15:Moorhead

Who's with me?
ice00breaker

Post by ice00breaker »

Looks like a great list to me. In D10 Centennial Red may face some difficulty with Blaine. D6 is very tough to predict as there are 6 different teams that I can see winning the title (although Tonka may surprise). I think that Maple Grove will have an good team this year. 2 years ago at the Peewee B1 level, one of Maple Grove's teams ended up with a great record despite collapsing at the end of the year. Their other B1 team was above average. Now that they oonly have one team in MG, I could see them frusturating Wayzata Blue at times.