WBL @ Park (Jan 4th)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WBL(5-8) or Park(4-5)

Poll ended at Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:46 pm

Park(4-5)
17%
WBL(5-8)
83%

Total votes: 23

WBLM

WBL @ Park (Jan 4th)

Post by WBLM »

Who will win this conference battle? BTW I noticed there wasnt a topic for this so thats why I made it. Oh and any guesses for jake hansen points?
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Although WBL is definitely not the team they have been, they are still a great team.

I've always thought (and this would never happen) it would be interesting to see a team ranked #25 schedule ten games of all teams ranked higher than them. If they lose them all, should they move down? I don't think so. Same reason the #2 team losing to the #1 team shouldn't make the #2 move to #3...
WBLM

Post by WBLM »

Yea, I feel that michigan got ripped off in the ncaa champ game, losing to only #1 and not maiking it? Now florida is gonna get destroyed by ohio state
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

WBLM wrote:Yea, I feel that michigan got ripped off in the ncaa champ game, losing to only #1 and not maiking it? Now florida is gonna get destroyed by ohio state
Yeah, and Michigan did so well against USC... maybe USC should be the #2 team now? Come on!!!!

Anyway.... I completely agree with what was said about the rankings... It seems that this team is being punished for playing top teams when it comes to rankings. I really dont see how anyone can say the bears are a bad team.. Yes, not the team of the past... but from what I have seen they have a decent squad. I cant imagine any team really waniting to play them! Especially PCG.... Score... 9-0 bears!
WBLM

Post by WBLM »

Yea park is 4-5 this year, but when you look at it they havent beaten anybody that good.
WBJG-4-life

Post by WBJG-4-life »

Lets be realistic here... WB is having a tough year, we compete fairly well but can't put the puck in the net. But Park having a chance at beating WB, that's just silly talk.
WBJG-A-4-Life
boblee

Post by boblee »

Ill take...

WBL 5
Park 2
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

boblee wrote:Ill take...

WBL 5
Park 2
Sounds like a good prediction to me. Could even go 5-3.
KDolph

Post by KDolph »

Bears win 6-3, Hansen gets at least 5 pts.
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

If the struggeling bears give up 3 goals to the wolpack they better pack it up themselves... because it will be a long year!
KDolph

Post by KDolph »

Guess we all went a little low on this one.....I don't think this is a fiinal but last I heard it was 11-2 WBL.
goal30

Post by goal30 »

Wow, wasnt expecting that, sure you didnt here a 7 instead of an 11?

:?
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

goal30 wrote:Wow, wasnt expecting that, sure you didnt here a 7 instead of an 11?

:?
It was 8-2 after I left during the 2nd intermission. Park trailed 3-2 after one and played a decent 1st period. All Bears after that.
boblee

Post by boblee »

KDolph wrote:Guess we all went a little low on this one.....I don't think this is a fiinal but last I heard it was 11-2 WBL.
Wow.
KDolph

Post by KDolph »

Final 11-2.....Hansen 9 pts.....2 goals, 7 assists
Last edited by KDolph on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
powerplay009

wbl/park

Post by powerplay009 »

Do you mean 2 goals, 7 assists?
boblee

Post by boblee »

KDolph wrote:Hansen 9 pts
That is an overall good night.
KDolph

Re: wbl/park

Post by KDolph »

powerplay009 wrote:Do you mean 2 goals, 7 assists?
Oooops, yeah.
WBLM

Post by WBLM »

Yea, and if anyone hre was waitching it it coulda easily been 12-14, because we missed like 2 or 3 breakaways and some 2 on 1's.
shooter812

Post by shooter812 »

hey gunslinger whats your beef with park? i'll i've ever seen you post is something about how bad park is. might be true but it seems personal to you. It's also funny how they win 90% of there non conference games and can't compete in the SEC along with MANY other teams in the state so give em some credit they deserve. But i agree that program will not be successful until they get rid of the coaching staff that is there right now.
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

First of all, I have NO beef with park! Unfortunately they just seem to not have the talent to put together a solid team. Year in and year out they get pounded in the SEC. I really dont care who they play in non-conference... for it much none matters.... it seems that most decent players leave to go to Hill or WBL (at the youth level), and that I really dont understand! But it is what it is!

Lastly, let me tell you this.... Herb Brooks could have coached this team if he was still alive, and it wouldnt matter........ Sadly, They just lack the talent! They work hard, but just have little to show for it! So, if your blaming the coaches from Park... well to me, thats just laughable..... I think before you oust the coaching staff, you might want to look at keeping kids in the youth programs... I know that at least two of the kids from WBL left PCG youth program to play at WBL.

Da BLOOD SLinger
formerlybackofnet

Post by formerlybackofnet »

Are you telling us that at least 2 kids on the WBL team live in the Park school district? If thier Parents moved into WB when the kids were in youth hockey, thats hardly leaving Park for WB.
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

Im not sure.. Im guessing they dont live in Park any longer.... but, Im sure leaving that area had something to do with hockey.... Just my guess!

I mean if you want, I can pick on Irondale!

Da Blood Slinger
formerlybackofnet

Post by formerlybackofnet »

Exactly my piont. If you're guessing, then you don't have a clue what you're talking about. You don't know if kids even left Park, much less for what reason. Just the facts please just the facts. And how about just being positive, and not picking on anybody.
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

Ok, here goes... just so I can prove Im not just talking B.S......... I know for a fact that two players moved to WBL from PCG area....

Good Day!

Da Slinger