WBL @ Park (Jan 4th)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WBL(5-8) or Park(4-5)

Poll ended at Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:46 pm

Park(4-5)
17%
WBL(5-8)
83%

Total votes: 23

formerlybackofnet

Post by formerlybackofnet »

Which 2 kids, and how old were they when they moved, and how do you know they moved for hockey reasons? Just the facts, please.
Sparlimb

What I heard

Post by Sparlimb »

Was those two kids moved to WBL because they were recruited there. Evidently the youth coaches at WBL didn't feel they had enough talent in the youth divisions to feed the High School team and keep them competitive (see this year). Sad to see...

Okay I made all that up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

At least they came from in-state...

:lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P
formerlybackofnet

My piont is, there are no park kids playing for WBL.
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

First of all Hanson had 2 goals and 4 helpers not 7. Cottage Grove like many communinties has a problem with ice times for their youth players. They have one sheet of ice, and a studio rink for mites and squirts. With the girls playing now, the Bantams and Pee wees are going to other rinks in Ramsey county and even River Falls Wisconsin to get in practices. I have also found that they do a lousy job of mantaining the outdoor rinks in the winter, when the weather cooperates.

Any hockey association's success goes hand in hand with the amount of ice time the kids get to develope. It looks like the city will be adding another sheet of ice in 2008. Hopefully that won't fall through. Cottage Grove, like Woodbury is growing and there will be another high school built in the near future in the South Washington School District very near Bielenberg Arena.
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

Interesting that every time I'm at Park, the studio rink is either dark or empty
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

Zeke16 wrote:Interesting that every time I'm at Park, the studio rink is either dark or empty
The only time I see it not used is later in the evenings.. Whats you point?
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

Me point is that if there is such a demand, why is not used all the time?
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

Zeke16 wrote:Me point is that if there is such a demand, why is not used all the time?
The rink is too small for any kid above mites. The demand is for the full size sheet. Not many parents want their 7 and eight year olds skating at 9 o'clock on school nights.
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

ok, here goes.... after making a few phone calls, to make sure I wasnt putting information out that was incorrect.... here are the two names I was told by a couple different sources which both said of the same two kids. A kid named Putney... not sure what position he plays, but was informed he is originally from PCG and moved in the 7th grade. Another kid is Hosoworth who is a Junior and plays D, and also from PCG. He also move to WBL as a youth player. I was told that Both currently play on the varsity! I cannot confirm what the situations were that caused the move to WBL, but Im sure the hockey programs had something to do with it!

Da slinger
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

THEGunslinger wrote:ok, here goes.... after making a few phone calls, to make sure I wasnt putting information out that was incorrect.... here are the two names I was told by a couple different sources which both said of the same two kids. A kid named Putney... not sure what position he plays, but was informed he is originally from PCG and moved in the 7th grade. Another kid is Hosoworth who is a Junior and plays D, and also from PCG. He also move to WBL as a youth player. I was told that Both currently play on the varsity! I cannot confirm what the situations were that caused the move to WBL, but Im sure the hockey programs had something to do with it!

Da slinger

Screams of recruiting. A mighty shame WBL has fallen so far...
DAbears25

Post by DAbears25 »

Putney i believed moved just for the hockey program...but i personally know the Hauswirth's and their move to WBL wasn't all for hockey and i think part of it was something to do with the dads work and because they had known some White Bear people from select teams and whatnot and figured the move would be good. the kids both Josh and Justin had friends here from those hockey teams as well which made the move pretty easy. But i could be wrong about all of this....
WBLM

Post by WBLM »

Yea Brent Putney is sophomore D #5, and Josh Hauswirth is Junior D #17. They both play varsity, but I didnt know they were from cottage grove.
Pucknutz69

Players

Post by Pucknutz69 »

DAbears25 wrote:Putney i believed moved just for the hockey program...but i personally know the Hauswirth's and their move to WBL wasn't all for hockey and i think part of it was something to do with the dads work and because they had known some White Bear people from select teams and whatnot and figured the move would be good. the kids both Josh and Justin had friends here from those hockey teams as well which made the move pretty easy. But i could be wrong about all of this....
Yes Putney moved 2nd year of Peewees. Was it just for hockey maybe or was it for the lack of hockey in CG? He is seeing some V time with White Bear now.

As for the Hauswirth boys, their Dad works in Bloomington so tell how that would effect his work? The family was fed up with CG hockey and needed a fresh start. I think you sound like you are pretty close to the situation........Jeff?

We have a couple of coaches at the high school that aren't doing a very good job. They blame the kids leaving, yet the ones that are there aren't very inspired to play. The ones I know aren't very impressed with the coaches. Lots of friction with the youth program. The other problem is the AD doesn't care about the boys programs at all. He has his coaches and won't make a change no matter how bad it gets. The football players in 7th and 8th grade kick everyone's butt, when they get to the HS program they get so frustrated the good ones quit. Same with hockey if they don't head to private school. The only bright spot down there is the girls U12A team and the A Bantams (the roster is half private school kids and 1 OE to Stillwater) Most of the kids that leave to private have a family history with the schools they left for. Mom and Dad are Alumni, Dad coaches at the school, parents were private school raised and some just want a better learning environment. The classes down here are ful 32-35 in a class easy to get lost. It's not like they are all leaving just for hockey. The community does not support the teams at any level at all. Just look at the sponsers that we have, then look at Hastings the town supports the teams. Even the school kids don't, been to a couple of games and no one is there.

As for the studio rink it is used by the mite, squirt, peewee and girls teams, the bantams skate there once in a while. The problem there is the parents want to see little Johnny skate from one end of the ice to the other on the big rink as they vision them in a Wild jersey. The kids developed on the small ice because everyone was involved. We were doing the current PC "small ice games" for years and it worked. But moms and dads got involved that didn't know how much that little rink helped.
THEGunslinger

Post by THEGunslinger »

formerlybackofnet wrote:Which 2 kids, and how old were they when they moved, and how do you know they moved for hockey reasons? Just the facts, please.
Ok, Mr Back-of-the-Net...... I hope after reading somone elses response to support the information that I contributed to this discussion, it will now allow you to back off and accept the facts of the situstion! Nothing worse than a guy who says "prove it" and then when you do nothing more is said!

I know two parents of players from the bears (I work with them) and that is where I recieved the info.... and no, Im not Jeff...

Im....

Da Slinger 8)
formerlybackofnet

If kids move as early as pe wee's, then stay in that youth program until high school, that hardly makes them transfer students. These two kids are not from the PCG youth program, they spent more time in the WBL program. Get over it, they moved a long time ago. .