Early Departures 15-16

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
green4
Posts: 1471
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 am
Location: Edina

Early Departures 15-16

Post by green4 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Has anyone started a list for this upcoming season yet?

Kierstad is official

Wait said he was leaving before the start of this last season, but I have not seen anything official yet, maybe he changes his mind

Mikey Anderson just signed a Tender, which usually means they are gone http://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/499532

WestMetro
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by WestMetro » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Interesting about Mike Anderson at Waterloo compared to Ann Arbor. I haven't heard any more names than you listed, but I did add my likely early departures names for THIS year onto exiled ones early departure thread from last year

The Exiled One
Posts: 1730
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Re: Early Departures 15-16

Post by The Exiled One » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:01 pm

green4 wrote:Has anyone started a list for this upcoming season yet?
Sorry, I've fallen down on the job. :(

Previous Lists
2008-2009
2009-2010
2010-2011
2011-2012
2012-2013
2013-2014
2014-2015

Code: Select all

Class Pos Player            HS Team              New Team               College
So    D   Mikey Anderson    Hill-Murray          Waterloo-USHL          Minnesota-Duluth
Jr    D   Graham Lorsung    St. Cloud Cathedral  Green Bay AAA
Jr    D   Brian Hurley      St. Thomas Academy   Wilderness-NAHL        Ohio State
Jr    D   Nate Knoepke      Lakeville South      NTDP                   Minnesota
Jr    D   Brandon Koch      Hastings             Shattuck
Sr    D   Trevor Zins       STMA                 Cedar Rapids-USHL 
Sr    D   Jack Dunnell      Grand Rapids         Minnesota-SIPHL
Sr    D   Myles Cunningham  Blake                Bloomington-USHL       Brown
Jr    F   Seth Benson       Moorhead             Omaha AAA
Sr    F   Koby Bender       Cloquet              Wilderness-NAHL
Sr    F   Dylan McDonald    St. Thomas Academy   Omaha AAA
Sr    F   Nick Swaney       Lakeville South      Waterloo-USHL          Minnesota-Duluth
Sr    F   Jack Becker       Mahtomedi            Sioux Falls-USHL       Wisconsin
Sr    F   Max Zimmer        Wayzata              Chicago-USHL           Wisconsin
Sr    F   Matt Kierstad     Elk River            Chicago-USHL           North Dakota
Sr    F   Garrett Wait      Edina                Waterloo-USHL          Minnesota
Sr    G   David Nicholson   St. Paul Academy     Holderness Prep
Sr    G   Ryan Edquist      Lakeville North      Bloomington-USHL       Minnesota
Last edited by The Exiled One on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 28 times in total.

WestMetro
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by WestMetro » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:19 pm

Heres the article about Wait I remembered from last summer.

http://www.hselitehockey.com/news_artic ... r_id=44822

Stranger things have happened that he might change his mind. I dont know whether wanting one more title shot would make a difference or not. I doubt it,

Bonin2121
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Bonin2121 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:31 pm

Kierstad will be a senior.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1730
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Post by The Exiled One » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:21 am

Jr - D - Nate Knoepke - Lakeville South - NTDP

http://www.usantdp.com/news_article/sho ... _id=666974

GoBigorGoHome
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:09 am

The big AP, Austin Pratt, off to Red Deer.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1730
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Post by The Exiled One » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:38 am

GoBigorGoHome wrote:The big AP, Austin Pratt, off to Red Deer.
Saw that, but this list is just MSHSL varsity defections.

GoBigorGoHome
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:34 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:The big AP, Austin Pratt, off to Red Deer.
Saw that, but this list is just MSHSL varsity defections.
Says who?

MWS coach
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Post by MWS coach » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:18 pm

GoBigorGoHome wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:The big AP, Austin Pratt, off to Red Deer.
Saw that, but this list is just MSHSL varsity defections.
Says who?
The Guy Whom Made the list and has the keys to the kingdom! :lol:

Wblhcky2424
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Wblhcky2424 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:18 pm

MWS coach wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:The big AP, Austin Pratt, off to Red Deer.
Saw that, but this list is just MSHSL varsity defections.
Says who?
The Guy Whom Made the list and has the keys to the kingdom! :lol:
And common sense shows you that most topics on here are about the MSHSL...

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 am

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:59 pm

I think Shattuck is a high school in Minnesota, may not play only 23 games, but none the less a high school in Minnesota. Well done AP, and best wishes!!

GoBigorGoHome
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:33 am

Wblhcky2424 wrote:
MWS coach wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:The big AP, Austin Pratt, off to Red Deer.
Saw that, but this list is just MSHSL varsity defections.
Says who?
The Guy Whom Made the list and has the keys to the kingdom! :lol:
And common sense shows you that most topics on here are about the MSHSL...
Nice try, but common sense tells me your comment is asinine. There are over 1,200 posts related to Shattuck, and the vast majority are in the high school forum. This is the Minnesota High School forum, not the Minnesota High School League forum.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1730
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Post by The Exiled One » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:23 am

Read carefully, because I'm only going to type this once...

If you don't like my list, make your own dang list.

My list has been, and always will be, a list of recent MSHSL varsity players who forgo their MSHSL eligibility to play elsewhere. I do not feel the need to explain my criteria... so I won't.

GoBigorGoHome
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:13 am

The Exiled One wrote:Read carefully, because I'm only going to type this once...

If you don't like my list, make your own dang list.

My list has been, and always will be, a list of recent MSHSL varsity players who forgo their MSHSL eligibility to play elsewhere. I do not feel the need to explain my criteria... so I won't.
As my kids would say, "Nice." It's not your thread, nor is it your forum. You have a list, whoop-dee-effin-doo. Nobody asked you to explain your criteria. To ignore AP's departure undermines any credibility you or your list may have had. By the way, I never asked you to put him on your list, I simply made a post to the thread.

green4
Posts: 1471
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 am
Location: Edina

Post by green4 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:32 am

GoBigorGoHome wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:Read carefully, because I'm only going to type this once...

If you don't like my list, make your own dang list.

My list has been, and always will be, a list of recent MSHSL varsity players who forgo their MSHSL eligibility to play elsewhere. I do not feel the need to explain my criteria... so I won't.
As my kids would say, "Nice." It's not your thread, nor is it your forum. You have a list, whoop-dee-effin-doo. Nobody asked you to explain your criteria. To ignore AP's departure undermines any credibility you or your list may have had. By the way, I never asked you to put him on your list, I simply made a post to the thread.
No, you are wrong. He does the work each year and creates this list of MSHSL players that leave. He made a nice alternative that if you don't like his list, then go make your own.
I don't think the kid deserves to be on this list because to play at Shattuck means you already left. If any kid left his high school team for Shattuck we would put him on this list because he left a MSHSL team.

GoBigorGoHome
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:34 am

green4 wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:Read carefully, because I'm only going to type this once...

If you don't like my list, make your own dang list.

My list has been, and always will be, a list of recent MSHSL varsity players who forgo their MSHSL eligibility to play elsewhere. I do not feel the need to explain my criteria... so I won't.
As my kids would say, "Nice." It's not your thread, nor is it your forum. You have a list, whoop-dee-effin-doo. Nobody asked you to explain your criteria. To ignore AP's departure undermines any credibility you or your list may have had. By the way, I never asked you to put him on your list, I simply made a post to the thread.
No, you are wrong. He does the work each year and creates this list of MSHSL players that leave. He made a nice alternative that if you don't like his list, then go make your own.
I don't think the kid deserves to be on this list because to play at Shattuck means you already left. If any kid left his high school team for Shattuck we would put him on this list because he left a MSHSL team.
:roll: Whether he is on "the list" or not is of no consequence. We've seen kids go from Shattuck to MSHSL, so I wouldn't consider someone to have left just because they've chosen to attend Shattuck. I do believe he is a noteworthy departure from the MN hockey scene, and for that reason added him to the thread.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1730
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Post by The Exiled One » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:54 am

GoBigorGoHome wrote:I do believe he is a noteworthy departure from the MN hockey scene, and for that reason added him to the thread.
Why not mention Mismash or Reedy? Surely their departures are just as noteworthy. It's unfathomable that you'd know of Pratt's departure from Shattuck without knowing about Mismash's and Reedy's departures.

GoBigorGoHome
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:48 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:I do believe he is a noteworthy departure from the MN hockey scene, and for that reason added him to the thread.
Why not mention Mismash or Reedy? Surely their departures are just as noteworthy. It's unfathomable that you'd know of Pratt's departure from Shattuck without knowing about Mismash's and Reedy's departures.
Those are covered in another thread. But you are right, they are also noteworthy departures, and you've just added them to this thread by mentioning them. Well done, you've beaten yourself at your own game.

MWS coach
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Post by MWS coach » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:31 pm

But still none of the three added to the list :shock:

Relax GBGH, no they are not on the HS Departure list on some blog forum, but all have very bright futures and have made much more important list by their accomplishments to date and likely many more to come in the not so distant future.

News flash to you, in today's world of information, this was the last place I saw about AP going to the WHL.

Congrats to a great kid and a great hockey player, I am sure he is happy going to the W and could care less if some old timer in northern Minnesota included him on his list or not.... no offense Exiled One!

GoBigorGoHome
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:47 pm

MWS coach wrote:But still none of the three added to the list :shock:

Relax GBGH, no they are not on the HS Departure list on some blog forum, but all have very bright futures and have made much more important list by their accomplishments to date and likely many more to come in the not so distant future.

News flash to you, in today's world of information, this was the last place I saw about AP going to the WHL.

Congrats to a great kid and a great hockey player, I am sure he is happy going to the W and could care less if some old timer in northern Minnesota included him on his list or not.... no offense Exiled One!
No argument with anything you've said. My first post was to add his name to the overall conversation that was it, plain and simple. The remaining posts were poking fun at Exiled's ego. The sensitivity of this board never ceases to amaze me. From now on his list should be referred to as "The List!!!", it should be carved in stone, and anytime it is written about a video link featuring the parting clouds, a beam of light, and the voices of angels should be included. I can picture him in his robe, sandals, wild hair and beard coming down from the mount holding his list in awe for having been in the presence of God. Oh, wait, he is God.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1730
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Post by The Exiled One » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:29 pm

MWS coach wrote:old timer in northern Minnesota!
One out of three ain't bad.
GoBigorGoHome wrote:Oh, wait, he is God.
That's more like it! :wink:

O-townClown
Posts: 3687
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Post by O-townClown » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Thanks to the efforts of The Exiled One and all that have contributed, there's an extensive database that helps shed light on the question of what happens to those that forego HS hockey.
Be kind. Rewind.

Section 8 guy
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Post by Section 8 guy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:22 am

Where is this database? I'd love to see it. How many years does it go back?

observer
Posts: 2227
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by observer » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:54 am

List available by year on top of this page.

Post Reply