Section 7AA Final: GR vs. DE

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Thunder Indians
69%
Greyhounds
31%

Total votes: 48

kniven

Post by kniven »

hawkenjonny wrote:GR needs to put a whole game together and stay focused. Even though I have personal stake in this team, I know that this will be a challenge. They can do it. Top players virtually unstoppable when they are playing the game not the outside issues. Come on guys. This one is for all the marbles. Leave no regrets out there.
And as far as CEC goes, anyone else remember wild Bill K? CEC has good coaching no doubt, but there was so much team loyalty on those old teams, no one would have left early. Miss those days.
Yes. Those days are gone for sure. I'd like to think nobody will leave early. But I'm not going to do that any more. I expect kids will leave early. That way I'm not crushed when it happens.
offtheglas

Post by offtheglas »

norcon wrote:
Slammer wrote:
hockey59 wrote: Not saying they can or will, but if GR plays like they did the last 7 minutes against ER, then DE will lose by a couple goals.'The big 3 HMM for GR...are that talented.
I think all three were playing when they met earlier this season. Wasn't a problem then, but maybe it will be now.
Were without Michael Heitkamp and Drake Anderson, though. Both very competent defensemen.
They are 2 of the better D on GR. Will East be without 2 of their top guys Mageau and Fisher. Didn't see Fisher on the ice at all and Mageau didn't come back after his knee injury on Sat. Mageau is the spark of that team.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Like I said after the last time these two teams played each other. I will take Rapids in the rematch!

Was thinking a 3 goal victory, but since DE has the home field advantage, I'll drop that prediction down to 2 goals.

If Randolph plays his "TRAP", then 4-2. Otherwise 5-3.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Couldn't we save some of this "home ice" thing if no teams were allowed to practice at Amsoil at least during the section tournament?
HockeyFan_11

Post by HockeyFan_11 »

Heard from a Rapids fan that this game is sold out already. Any truth to this? I can't see them selling out already.
Duluthguy

Post by Duluthguy »

HockeyFan_11 wrote:Heard from a Rapids fan that this game is sold out already. Any truth to this? I can't see them selling out already.
No truth. In fact I don't believe any tickets have been sold yet. They're not supposed to go on sale until the day of the game.
HockeyFan_11

Post by HockeyFan_11 »

Duluthguy wrote:
HockeyFan_11 wrote:Heard from a Rapids fan that this game is sold out already. Any truth to this? I can't see them selling out already.
No truth. In fact I don't believe any tickets have been sold yet. They're not supposed to go on sale until the day of the game.
Ok Thank You
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

offtheglas wrote:
norcon wrote:
Slammer wrote: I think all three were playing when they met earlier this season. Wasn't a problem then, but maybe it will be now.
Were without Michael Heitkamp and Drake Anderson, though. Both very competent defensemen.
They are 2 of the better D on GR. Will East be without 2 of their top guys Mageau and Fisher. Didn't see Fisher on the ice at all and Mageau didn't come back after his knee injury on Sat. Mageau is the spark of that team.
Fisher isn't even on the playoff roster due to his injury. Mageau's status is uncertain at this point.

GR has some interesting personnel decisions to make for this one. Namely, do they start the top line together, or leave them apart unless necessary for a comeback in an attempt to create better depth? And, Holum or Stejskal? If they stick with the rotation, it's Holum, and he has more big game experience at the high school level. But East has also hung 5 on Holum in their last two meetings, while Stejskal has arguably looked better lately, and East hasn't seen him in high school.

East's biggest questions are more tactical: Do they forecheck hard and try to disrupt the Rapids D, as they did so well in the regular season meeting, and as teams like Cloquet did down the stretch? Or do they just clog up the neutral zone and try to limit the Big 3 that way? Either way, they need to keep their cool and not let themselves get pulled into a wide open goalfest like it was a year ago, because those terms just don't favor East. They can't get caught in between, either.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Tough game to pick because of how GR played down stretch to end the season and of course Duluth East, even though they have done nothing to impress me you can never count a Randolph team out. I really hope its GR, better team when they are on their game and will compete much better at State. I will say GR in a squeaker 4-3 or 5-3 with and EN.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

Is seating assigned? Will this actually sell out so a walk up would be out of luck?
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Bonin2121 wrote:Is seating assigned? Will this actually sell out so a walk up would be out of luck?
High school game has never sold out amsoil. Not even close. You'll be fine as a walk up, just come early
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

Slammer wrote: High school game has never sold out amsoil. Not even close. You'll be fine as a walk up, just come early
"Just come early" is the issue, maybe coming from the Cities. Could be a close to game time arrival.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

karl(east) wrote:
offtheglas wrote:
norcon wrote: Were without Michael Heitkamp and Drake Anderson, though. Both very competent defensemen.
Fisher isn't even on the playoff roster due to his injury. Mageau's status is uncertain at this point.

GR has some interesting personnel decisions to make for this one. Namely, do they start the top line together, or leave them apart unless necessary for a comeback in an attempt to create better depth? And, Holum or Stejskal? If they stick with the rotation, it's Holum, and he has more big game experience at the high school level. But East has also hung 5 on Holum in their last two meetings, while Stejskal has arguably looked better lately, and East hasn't seen him in high school.

East's biggest questions are more tactical: Do they forecheck hard and try to disrupt the Rapids D, as they did so well in the regular season meeting, and as teams like Cloquet did down the stretch? Or do they just clog up the neutral zone and try to limit the Big 3 that way? Either way, they need to keep their cool and not let themselves get pulled into a wide open goalfest like it was a year ago, because those terms just don't favor East. They can't get caught in between, either.
Come on Karl. You can say it. Sound it out with me. Trrrrraaaappppp

That system that should be outlawed in High School Hockey. :roll:
kniven

Post by kniven »

Bonin2121 wrote:
Slammer wrote: High school game has never sold out amsoil. Not even close. You'll be fine as a walk up, just come early
"Just come early" is the issue, maybe coming from the Cities. Could be a close to game time arrival.
You don't need to be there early. Heck, this game could be held at the heritage arena in Duluth. Parking would be the only issue at the heritage. Plenty of parking and seats at Amsoil.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Do they even need to play this game? (rhetorical question).

Rapids by 3.

:D
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

elliott70 wrote:Do they even need to play this game? (rhetorical question).

Rapids by 3.

It only took him 11,000+ posts to come over to the "dark side".
DaggerzReady34

Post by DaggerzReady34 »

Bonin2121 wrote:

as will I.. I'm looking to get there around 6.. I should be fine still huh? didn't last years sell out? or was it just very close?
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

DaggerzReady34 wrote:
Bonin2121 wrote:

as will I.. I'm looking to get there around 6.. I should be fine still huh? didn't last years sell out? or was it just very close?
There was a lot of people there but still plenty of seats available.
DaggerzReady34

Post by DaggerzReady34 »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
DaggerzReady34 wrote:
Bonin2121 wrote: "Just come early" is the issue, maybe coming from the Cities. Could be a close to game time arrival.

There was a lot of people there but still plenty of seats available.
thank you sir... I won't worry about it too much then. Hopefully GR can pull it off.. love seeing them at state.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

hadenuf wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Do they even need to play this game? (rhetorical question).

Rapids by 3.

It only took him 11,000+ posts to come over to the "dark side".
Enuf, I am your father....

Don't like orange and black but do like the Indians.

(11,032)
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Updates on Heitkamp and Mageau status for 2mrw nite?

Kniven, you pretty confident about your stream quality?, it was GREAT last year , and I turned down sound and listened to KOZY

the stream right now from Mariucci really sucks.
kniven

Post by kniven »

WestMetro wrote:Updates on Heitkamp and Mageau status for 2mrw nite?

Kniven, you pretty confident about your stream quality?, it was GREAT last year , and I turned down sound and listened to KOZY

the stream right now from Mariucci really sucks.
Doing it the same way. Should be the same.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I can't take it. 300 mile drive about to begin. I hope the Injuns don't lay an egg. I can accept a tight game loss. I'd rather not have to though. :)
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:I can't take it. 300 mile drive about to begin. I hope the Injuns don't lay an egg. I can accept a tight game loss. I'd rather not have to though. :)
300 miles???
Where da hell da ya live? Green Bay?
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

elliott70 wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:I can't take it. 300 mile drive about to begin. I hope the Injuns don't lay an egg. I can accept a tight game loss. I'd rather not have to though. :)
300 miles???
Where da hell da ya live? Green Bay?
Elk River, with that trip... :)