Coaching Changes - 2017-18

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Hermantown getting at least 1, maybe 2 red hot freshmen next year. Number 1 is pretty well known (very good addition to Hawks D-corps), #2 is TOP SECRET.

It is very safe to say the script will be the same for Pat at HT.
kniven

Post by kniven »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:Hermantown getting at least 1, maybe 2 red hot freshmen next year. Number 1 is pretty well known (very good addition to Hawks D-corps), #2 is TOP SECRET.

Very impressive. I don't blame kids for wanting to play for Hermantown, and a trip to the X every year.
BP

Post by BP »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:Hermantown getting at least 1, maybe 2 red hot freshmen next year. Number 1 is pretty well known (very good addition to Hawks D-corps), #2 is TOP SECRET.

Kids are transferring in? That's a surprise - i thought all their kids were homegrown and they never get any transfers or move ins during HS? :lol:
kniven

Post by kniven »

BP wrote:

Kids are transferring in? That's a surprise - i thought all their kids were homegrown and they never get any transfers or move ins during HS? :lol:
Good for the Hawks. East and Hermantown best systems in the twin ports and most stable. Kids want to win. At least they did when I was growing up. A or AA blah blah blah! They are winning all the time and sending a ton of kids to juniors/D1 college. Kid don't want to beat the best. They want to win and have fun. Get a new rink Hawks and they will come in droves.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Is #1 NK?
kniven

Post by kniven »

Section 8 guy wrote:Is #1 NK?
NK? What's NK?
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

BP wrote:

Top players transfer in every year. They're usually younger though so nobody talks about them. Their top PeeWee and Squirt teams are 50% transfers. Sounds like they're coming in High School now too. Nice little small town, class A program they have going there.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Jeffy95 wrote:
BP wrote:

Top players transfer in every year. They're usually younger though so nobody talks about them. Their top PeeWee and Squirt teams are 50% transfers. Sounds like they're coming in High School now too. Nice little small town, class A program they have going there.
:lol:
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Krenzen will be a Sophomore so would have to sit a year as he lives in the Proctor District. Doubt he would leave Marshall anyway. Guessing they're referring to the Ely kid who played Varsity as an 8th Grader last year. Hermantown has pulled in quite a few of Ely's players in the last few years.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Jeffy95 wrote:
Krenzen will be a Sophomore so would have to sit a year as he lives in the Proctor District. Doubt he would leave Marshall anyway. Guessing they're referring to the Ely kid who played Varsity as an 8th Grader last year. Hermantown has pulled in quite a few of Ely's players in the last few years.
I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to move to Hermantown so he wouldn't have to sit out a year. Lots of apartments to establish a quick residence.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

kniven wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to move to Hermantown so he wouldn't have to sit out a year. Lots of apartments to establish a quick residence.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. They pulled it off in PeeWees despite everyone on the Hermantown board knowing full well where he lived. So I guess anything is possible.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Jeffy95 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: Krenzen will be a Sophomore so would have to sit a year as he lives in the Proctor District. Doubt he would leave Marshall anyway. Guessing they're referring to the Ely kid who played Varsity as an 8th Grader last year. Hermantown has pulled in quite a few of Ely's players in the last few years.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. They pulled it off in PeeWees despite everyone on the Hermantown board knowing full well where he lived. So I guess anything is possible.
7A is pretty weak. Hermantown had a tougher road in 5A + Duluth Marshall was good in 7A. I bet Marsrshall was betting Hermantown would have opted up already so the could move back to A. Now you've got 2 teams in 7AA that belong in 7A, which would make 7A as appealing as 7AA in the north. I have changed my tune regarding CEC in 7AA. They have no business being in AA. Marshall and CEC need to move to A and make the section very exciting again.

CEC girls moved to A this year. Boys need to do it as well.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

kniven wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
kniven wrote: I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to move to Hermantown so he wouldn't have to sit out a year. Lots of apartments to establish a quick residence.
7A is pretty weak. Hermantown had a tougher road in 5A + Duluth Marshall was good in 7A. I bet Marsrshall was betting Hermantown would have opted up already so the could move back to A. Now you've got 2 teams in 7AA that belong in 7A, which would make 7A as appealing as 7AA in the north. I have changed my tune regarding CEC in 7AA. They have no business being in AA. Marshall and CEC need to move to A and make the section very exciting again.

Probably want to let those that are more qualified both in Cloquet and Marshall to make that decision, not sure that would make A as appealing as7AA . take a look at the attendence of the section finals in 7A and 7AA,pretty sure 7AA doubled 7A. Regardless one cannot compare the two
kniven

Post by kniven »

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: Yeah, I suppose you're right. They pulled it off in PeeWees despite everyone on the Hermantown board knowing full well where he lived. So I guess anything is possible.

Probably want to let those that are more qualified both in Cloquet and Marshall to make that decision, not sure that would make A as appealing as7AA . take a look at the attendence of the section finals in 7A and 7AA,pretty sure 7AA doubled 7A. Regardless one cannot compare the two
Agreed on the qualified part. I'm just an idiot here with an opinion. With Cloquet and Marshall in 7A, only 2 northern teams would be left in 7AA. That being said, 7A section semi's would draw more. Especially with the semis at Amsoil - north. Their also would then be a definite gripe having 7AA section ad and final in Duluth. IMIO
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

wolfman wrote:This will be the Elks year. Great players and coach is loved and respected. East will be East. Lumberjacks don't have a chance with new coach and all the bs. GR will fall apart and come back to earth. Andover will hang tough. Should be another fun year of puck in 7AA. Kniven keep your head up! Sun will rise tomorrow and we all have Hockey to look forward to.
It seems like every year is the elks year...
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
kniven

Post by kniven »

north_bear wrote:
wolfman wrote:This will be the Elks year. Great players and coach is loved and respected. East will be East. Lumberjacks don't have a chance with new coach and all the bs. GR will fall apart and come back to earth. Andover will hang tough. Should be another fun year of puck in 7AA. Kniven keep your head up! Sun will rise tomorrow and we all have Hockey to look forward to.
They've got numbers coming out of their butt that's why.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

GoldyGopher wrote:Add Redwood Valley to the list.
What happened?
blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 »

kniven wrote:
north_bear wrote:
They've got numbers coming out of their butt that's why.
They may be okay for next couple years but after that might start to see a lack of depth in Elk town. Plus they are losing their Bantam AA coach, that is a huge hit to the development of players in that program.
oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster »

Per Twitter... John Marsh hired at Farmington.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

oldschoolpuckster wrote:Per Twitter... John Marsh hired at Farmington.
Any background info on Marsh?
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

I think he was the assistant at Farmington the last couple of years and filled in as head coach at one point last season.
oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster »

goldy313 wrote:I think he was the assistant at Farmington the last couple of years and filled in as head coach at one point last season.
He was only there last year as an assistant. BE Emerson U-18 with Goren two years prior and Achiever Academy before that. He comes out of the Burnsville program. That's all I've got.
BP

Post by BP »

Breck has hired Glen Lang as it's new coach.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

kniven wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
kniven wrote: I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to move to Hermantown so he wouldn't have to sit out a year. Lots of apartments to establish a quick residence.

Welcome to Hermantown Kniven!!
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

pekyman wrote:
kniven wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: Yeah, I suppose you're right. They pulled it off in PeeWees despite everyone on the Hermantown board knowing full well where he lived. So I guess anything is possible.

Welcome to Hermantown Kniven!![/quote

Yeah but you love the kids right Knieven?? Sources are saying Cloquet will try and hire Kevin Smalley from Denfeld