Minnesota Vikings 2008

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:
packerboy wrote:This will be the beginning of one of the most disappointing Vikings seasons in their history.

The Vikings will get killed tonight.

The Super Bowl talk will end soon as they stumble to an 8-8,9-7 record and out of the playoffs again.
I forgot about how bad of coach Chilly is, there will never be a Superbowl with him.

And T-Jack has gotten dumber.

Vikes are gonna be tough to watch sober.
As if you have to worry about that :lol:

Did it seem to anyone else that nearly every pass attempt found our receivers (that they didn't drop) on the ground trying to catch it? either pass was behind the receiver or in the dirt..not so good of a start there TJ.

As for # 62 (Cook) hows about actually blocking someone every couple plays so that the QB doesn't have to take the helmet to the sternum every play.

Another play that could have changed things was the early fumble by the pack.........JC just fall on it...but noooooo got try and pick it up and be a hero...stupid!
Fundamentals is all it takes.

:?
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

There all but done. That was the most boring game I have ever watched. There wasn't enough beer at my house to even watch the 3rd. Qtr.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

T-Jack was certainly nothing spectacular, but where was the pass rush on Rodgers? That seems to be just as big of a problem.

I was only able to see the last quarter and a half, so I'm only able to base this on the box score, but there were obviously no sacks and he was able to complete 81% of his passes. Did they put any heat on him last night?
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Govs93 wrote:T-Jack was certainly nothing spectacular, but where was the pass rush on Rodgers? That seems to be just as big of a problem.

I was only able to see the last quarter and a half, so I'm only able to base this on the box score, but there were obviously no sacks and he was able to complete 81% of his passes. Did they put any heat on him last night?
No heat at all, the only time he got roughed up was on the Lambeau leap.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

TJack, TJack, blah, blah, blah.

TJack played well enough to win the game if they can cover a punt.

If anybody expects TJack to drive them 70 yards to a TD with under 2 minutes left on the road in GB on Monday Night, they will be very disappointed.

He wasnt drafted high in the first round and he is not a high priced free agent. He played to his ability and experience level. Jared Allen is and didnt.

Cover a punt. Have your best offensive threat in the game when its 3rd and 4. Block and tackle.

Thats football guys............ thats all it is.

8-8, maybe 9-7. Zygi will not like that and Chilly wil be gone.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Govs93 wrote:T-Jack was certainly nothing spectacular, but where was the pass rush on Rodgers? That seems to be just as big of a problem.

I was only able to see the last quarter and a half, so I'm only able to base this on the box score, but there were obviously no sacks, and he was able to complete 81% of his passes. Did they put any heat on him last night?
Not so much.... but the usual pass coverage was there as well :roll:
Plus we gave up the punt return score :x

Oh and Klifton (sp?) was holding Allen all night and only got caught once...yeah OK!

It was a boring game...the officials were obviously more into it then the players were..... good grief there must have been 35 penalties called
:roll:

It was clear that there was confusion at the end of the game, trying to run a no huddle...seemed like there was not that big of a hurry..and that is a chilly issue!
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

Anybody notice the huge contributions from the high priced talent that we signed and hyped up all off season?

me neither. :roll:

Same old vikes, but worse. Could never pass or defend the pass, but jeez, last night we couldn't do much else either. I guess it was just the first game of the year, but if this keeps up i won't have to debate too long on if i should go hunting or watch the game on a Sunday afternoon.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

This is pretty funny. Naturally, the Vikings one is particularly painful.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Govs93 wrote:This is pretty funny. Naturally, the Vikings one is particularly painful.
The Lions' redo was particularly funny....and accurate.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

This will be one of the most dissappointing seasons in Viking history.

The Super Bowl talk is already over and soon there will be talk of how "we can still win a wild card" which will not happen either.

8-8 maybe 9-7, Just like I said.

REHIRE TICE
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

packerboy wrote:REHIRE TICE
Ya gotta be kiddin me....

We need a new coach, but Tice isn't the answer. I'd look on the high roa...

Geez, I couldn't even type it.. :lol:
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

He is available but says he is done coaching.

He still is who we thought he was.

This team looks rudderless.

Souhan is on TJack again today.

I dont get it. The Vikings decide to go the "diamond in the rough " route for QB and everbody is comparing him to Peyton Manning.

Why not compare him to Carson Palmer?

Some guy I never heard of QBed the Pats over the Jets on the road yesterday. But Chilly isnt exactly Bellichek now is he.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

the vikes as a whole arent anywhere near the pats.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

sachishi4 wrote:the vikes as a whole arent anywhere near the pats.
So why do they lay it all on TJack? A lot of teams started QBs yesterday who were no better than TJack. Would you prefer Vince Young?

I think the answer is that Souhan and other members of the press have to find a scapegoat.

They cant just say: "This organization sucks. The "glory days" were losing 4 Super Bowls. What do you expect. Follow the Twins if you want class."
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

packerboy wrote: Would you prefer Vince Young?
Over TJack? Any day of the week.
Character is who you are when no one is watching
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

GR3343 wrote:
Well maybe, if you can find him and he isnt depressed and doesnt refuse to go back in the game.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

packerboy wrote:
GR3343 wrote:
Well maybe, if you can find him and he isnt depressed and doesnt refuse to go back in the game.
He plays for the Titans... I'd be depressed too. :?

Give him AP and a couple of WRs and he would be back in his Longhorn days.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

packerboy wrote:
sachishi4 wrote:the vikes as a whole arent anywhere near the pats.
So why do they lay it all on TJack? A lot of teams started QBs yesterday who were no better than TJack. Would you prefer Vince Young?

I think the answer is that Souhan and other members of the press have to find a scapegoat.

They cant just say: "This organization sucks. The "glory days" were losing 4 Super Bowls. What do you expect. Follow the Twins if you want class."
I'm breaking out in cold sweats over this but... PB is right. *cringe*

There's no way that this falls onto T-Jack - it's on Childress. All T-Jack should have to do is hold onto the ball, and for the most part he has done that (Freeney took one from him yesterday after he went almost untouched around the O-line). The offense is designed to be a ball control offense - run the ball, get 1st downs, eat the clock.

The problem is - and has been before Childress started pacing the sidelines - that there's no bloodlust when they get a lead. You don't see the Patriots or the Colts jumping on a team and letting them back in - EVER. Once they're up by 2 scores or more, it's pretty much over.

Meanwhile, when was the last time any Viking fan in here was comfortable with any lead they had with 10 minutes left in the game? You know that they're going to give their opponents a chance to get back into every game, and more often than not, they end up pissing it away.

And like I say, that was the same story when Tice was here... Just less hair this time. The real answer should be obvious to everybody here (and hopefully to Zygi)...

HIRE COWHER!!!
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote:I'm breaking out in cold sweats over this but... PB is right. *cringe*
:shock:

Next you'll tell us Admin is "unbiased"... :lol:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Govs93 wrote:I'm breaking out in cold sweats over this but... PB is right. *cringe*
:shock:

Next you'll tell us Admin is "unbiased"... :lol:
If it looks like a duck... :wink:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote:If it looks like a duck... :wink:
It craps all over the place... :wink:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
What are you trying to say about tom?!
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
What are you trying to say about tom?!
toms a turkey, Admins a duck!
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Govs93 wrote:
HIRE COWHER!!!
I like that idea a lot - we're like a cold Pittsburgh :lol:
fighting all who rob or plunder
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

tomASS wrote:
Govs93 wrote:
HIRE COWHER!!!
I like that idea a lot - we're like a cold Pittsburgh :lol:
You think he'd put up with this 4th quarter comeback garbage? No way.

Not without spitting and slobbering all over a ref anyway... :D