Christian Olympic jerseys.

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

hockey4ever wrote:Before everyone beats up on Canadians; the HHOF in Toronto is not there to only recognize the best in Canadian hockey.

This definition is from wikipedia - The Hockey Hall of Fame (Temple de la renommée du hockey in French) is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Dedicated to the history of ice hockey, it is both a museum and a hall of fame. It holds exhibits about players, teams, National Hockey League (NHL) records, memorabilia and NHL trophies, including the Stanley Cup.

If you have ever been there you will know there are exhibits and artifacts from countries and players all over the world, recognizing the best players and events in the history of hockey. The miracle on ice is arguably one of the greatest hockey events ever so it should be represented in the HOF. Kind of a tough position all around. I would think the people involved would be pretty proud to know their hockey sweaters are on display where all hockey fans can enjoy.

I can see both sides point of view and I think it could set a dangerous precedent if they allowed people to remove things such as this.

Would Cooperstown allow baseball players from around the world to remove their placks or other memorabilia
?
Wikipedia as a source ? I can update it to say anything I want :)

Sure they should be able to remove things if they own them. Items and Exhibits are loaned to mueseums and returned to the rightful owner all the time. Difference between your statments/examples and this is that the hall of fame gets a formal letter that it was donated. Doesn't sound like it was done here.