Mr. Hockey 2017

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

jg2112 wrote:"literally"

This word needs to go away as soon as possible. People have no idea how to use it.
I literally agree with you. :)
boblee

Post by boblee »

The Exiled One wrote:
boblee wrote:I obviously can't guarantee that, but we would all be surprised. It literally does not happen at Grand Rapids. Go ahead and find the last kid to do it.
Jack Dunnell this season.
You don't know the back story. He didn't choose to leave Grand Rapids and he didn't leave for a better opportunity.

The one before that was Downing in the 1990s.
boblee

Post by boblee »

lit·er·al·ly

/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/

adverb

adverb: literally

in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
"the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"

synonyms: exactly, precisely, actually, really, truly; More
without question, unquestionably, indisputably

"there are literally 214 colors available"

•informal
used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true
kniven

Post by kniven »

boblee wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:
boblee wrote:Was someone questioning that? There was never any doubt.
Nowadays, in regards to college committed HS juniors, that's always something to question until the kid unequivocally states he's coming back.
Not at Grand Rapids.
Scotty P. not coming back to Hibbing his senior year. Sad, sad. Have we seen the last of the amazing high school hockey players in small town Minnesota? I feel bad for small towns, including CEC, that see our talent leaving early. Greenway only team with legit shot standing between Hermantown and state now.
BP

Post by BP »

kniven wrote:
boblee wrote:
The Exiled One wrote: Nowadays, in regards to college committed HS juniors, that's always something to question until the kid unequivocally states he's coming back.
Not at Grand Rapids.
Scotty P. not coming back to Hibbing his senior year. Sad, sad. Have we seen the last of the amazing high school hockey players in small town Minnesota? I feel bad for small towns, including CEC, that see our talent leaving early. Greenway only team with legit shot standing between Hermantown and state now.

Unfortunately, it probably will be a blow out between H'Town and Greenway. Most likely 5-6 goals in that section final. And that's not a knock on Greenway, who will have a Top 10-12 team in A. Just tough to beat a team that has 8 guys in the Elite League.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

kniven wrote:
boblee wrote:
The Exiled One wrote: Nowadays, in regards to college committed HS juniors, that's always something to question until the kid unequivocally states he's coming back.
Not at Grand Rapids.
It is sad, but with no realistic shot at the State Tournament, I can understand why these kids leave. No Class A team is ever getting by Hermantown and their 23% Open Enrollment again. Nothing against Greenway or anyone else, but no legitimate small school can compete with that.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Greenway's chances of beating Hermantown are slim at best. The game will most likely be in running time if they meet. Greenway will have a top 10 Class A team but that means little when you are going up against a team that is top 5 in the state.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Exiled One and others

Im reposting XO original list, excluding known and expected early departs.
(Someone can double check me.)

*Matt Anderson-D-Holy Family
Jesse Bjugstad-D-Stillwater
Chase Brand-F-Park Rapids
*Noah Cates-F-Stillwater
*Henry Enebak-F-Lakeville North
*Nick Leivermann-D-Eden Prairie
Luke Manning-F-Stillwater
Max Michaelis-F-Elk River
*Micah Miller-F-Grand Rapids
*Casey Mittelstadt-F-Eden Prairie
*Keaton Pehrson-D-Lakeville North
*Ryan Sandelin-F-Hermantown
John Stampohar-D-Grand Rapid
* Committed

There are 13 left.

I dont know much about Brand.

And I tend to doubt Bjugstad or Pehrson would be a finalist, since Anderson, Leiverman, and Stampohar would probably be the three D finalists that are on par or better for D talent and they put up more points.

As far as Manning, I could see substituting Nolan Sullivan or Ben Meyers, but either could be the 10th player with a great year.

Obviously, CM will/should win going away.

If it were a different year, out of the remaining 10 finalists, Anderson, Cates, Enebek, Miller, Sandelin would all get some votes depending on who had the best year