Too early to start thinking Mr. Hockey?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey »

Jeffy95 wrote:
Hermhawkey wrote:Samberg 2nd only to CM on central scouting list amongst MN high school players. Projected 2/3 round. Apparently they don't scoff at A school players like some self appointed experts here do.
Look at the bright side. You don't want the Hawks 1st Mr. Hockey to be an open-enrollee from Proctor do you?
Oh, that again. Your flaming jealousy of all things Hermantown is obvious. Not exactly sure where Samberg's live (don't care) but most open-enrollees are closer to Hermantown school, many much closer. With higher rated schools, better facilities, and programs...who wouldn't? Maybe if this new facility happens more will stay at Proctor. Good for them. Samberg has attended Hermantown and played hockey here all the way through. Get over it.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Hermhawkey wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Hermhawkey wrote:Samberg 2nd only to CM on central scouting list amongst MN high school players. Projected 2/3 round. Apparently they don't scoff at A school players like some self appointed experts here do.
Look at the bright side. You don't want the Hawks 1st Mr. Hockey to be an open-enrollee from Proctor do you?
Oh, that again. Your flaming jealousy of all things Hermantown is obvious. Not exactly sure where Samberg's live (don't care) but most open-enrollees are closer to Hermantown school, many much closer. With higher rated schools, better facilities, and programs...who wouldn't? Maybe if this new facility happens more will stay at Proctor. Good for them. Samberg has attended Hermantown and played hockey here all the way through. Get over it.
I will be jealous of Hermantown if and when they opt up to where they belong. Until then, there is nothing very attractive about the place. Esko is the only higher rated public school in the area. Hermantown is the same as every other school, just with higher taxes. :)
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

School "ratings," to the extent that they are worth anything, are probably misleading: https://apatientcycle.com/2016/11/29/ho ... ol-anyway/

But, back on topic: Samberg should be a Mr. Hockey finalist. He has no chance of winning, but neither does anyone else not named Casey Mittelstadt. And Anderson will be a finalist no matter what, because past results have shown that the voters don't give a crap how many games a kid misses to injury so long as he's highly touted.
hockeygirl2

Post by hockeygirl2 »

ok. i haven't seen CM play a whole lot, but if he is the best player in the state. how many goals or total points do you think someone has to finish ahead of CM to win Mr. Hockey? seems like it will need to be 10-15 points, also depending on the schedule played.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

karl(east) wrote:School "ratings," to the extent that they are worth anything, are probably misleading: https://apatientcycle.com/2016/11/29/ho ... ol-anyway/

But, back on topic: Samberg should be a Mr. Hockey finalist. He has no chance of winning, but neither does anyone else not named Casey Mittelstadt. And Anderson will be a finalist no matter what, because past results have shown that the voters don't give a crap how many games a kid misses to injury so long as he's highly touted.
Probably your best article yet Karl, and that's saying something. There is no way to 100% accurately quantify a school's performance. I've said for years, if you make education a priority in your home, it makes no difference where you go, the kids will succeed. The resources are available to everyone. That is so much more important than what is largely becoming a failed public school system.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Jeffy95 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:School "ratings," to the extent that they are worth anything, are probably misleading: https://apatientcycle.com/2016/11/29/ho ... ol-anyway/

Probably your best article yet Karl, and that's saying something. There is no way to 100% accurately quantify a school's performance. I've said for years, if you make education a priority in your home, it makes no difference where you go, the kids will succeed. The resources are available to everyone. That is so much more important than what is largely becoming a failed public school system.
Thanks. In general, as long as certain basic supports are there, I think schools make a lot less difference than people think...it's mostly on outside factors. But there are a lot of wrong assumptions out there, and that can lead to self-fulfilling prophecies in some places. I'm also not convinced the product at many private schools--and I have spent a fair amount of time in circles with people from elite East Coast prep schools--is noticeably better than decent public schools. But, hey; what are we going to get worked up about if not our own children's educations?

I'll try not to hijack this thread too much further, so I'll climb off the soapbox and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. :)
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

hockeygirl2 wrote:ok. i haven't seen CM play a whole lot, but if he is the best player in the state. how many goals or total points do you think someone has to finish ahead of CM to win Mr. Hockey? seems like it will need to be 10-15 points, also depending on the schedule played.
Don't think there is a number as long as CM plays all their games. An A player can get over 100 (Meyers) and CM can get his 60 or so and still win it. Strength of schedule at play.
hockeygirl2

Post by hockeygirl2 »

That Micah Miller is looking good. Does anyone know anything about Bauer Neudecker? From SLP. His stats look good but will it be that he does not play a "AA" schedule which excludes him from the conversation? if anyone has seen him play do you have an opinion on him?
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

InYourFace09 wrote:[
Don't think there is a number as long as CM plays all their games. An A player can get over 100 (Meyers) and CM can get his 60 or so and still win it. Strength of schedule at play.
Casey isn't even on pace for 50 in the regular season right now.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

CM will win it. It helps that such a high profile player and potential high draft pick returns for his senior year with the voters.