PA announcer at Xcel Energy Center?

bucksony

PA announcer at Xcel Energy Center?

Post by bucksony »

Does anyone know who is going to be the PA (Public Address) announcer at the Xcel Energy Center for the hockey games this year? Just curious as the elite 'grandfather' of annoucing has allegedly retired last year. I know that this is somewhat trival but I am just curious as the 'grandfather' had many years at 'Wowing' the teams and fans. <p></p><i></i>
Oldtmr

Re: PA announcer at Xcel Energy Center?

Post by Oldtmr »

Dave Wright announced the Girl's Tournament. Maybe he as the job. <p></p><i></i>
hockeydad

announcer

Post by hockeydad »

guy at the girls tourney was OK, but not like the "grandfather" <p></p><i></i>
1hockeyluver

I'd get Scott Hennen

Post by 1hockeyluver »

Scott Hennen does all the PA work for the North Daktoa Fighting Sioux team. Does one heck of a job! <p></p><i></i>
MNPuckster27

PA Announcer

Post by MNPuckster27 »

I thought there were different announcers for the AA and A tournaments.... Is that true?<br><br>I also thought it was the class A guy that retired... whoever takes his place has big shoes to fill. <p></p><i></i>
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

I think it was the same guy for both A & AA. He announced almost everything. Will be missed <p>Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls</p><i></i>
Oldtmr

Post by Oldtmr »

He was the debate coach at Johnson High for many years but had some health problems. Dave Wright filled in for him a couple of times in previous tournaments and announced the girls AA tournament this year. Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dave get the job. <p></p><i></i>
BigWilly135

Post by BigWilly135 »

I was just at the State Wrestling Tourney last weekend, and I can say one thing, I sure hope you guys get better. The "grandfather" never in my 4 years at the tourney butchered a name or missed a beat with results. They had two guys doing Wrestling, one on Thursday and another on Friday and Saturday. Both missed said tons and tons of names, were slow with results, screwed up on announcing the proper team winners for Class A. So i just hope you guys get better. <p></p><i></i>
scheids316

Post by scheids316 »

The Gophers' announcer, Jamey, would be a good fit. He does a fantastic job and likes to interact with the fans.<br><br>Hey, Jamey, how much time's left?<br><br>One minute remaining in the period.<br><br>Thank You!<br><br>You're welcome! <p>Scheids<br>(A legend in his girlfriend's mind.)</p><i></i>
Oldtmr

Post by Oldtmr »

I'm pulling for Dave Wright. He loves the game and does his homework. You'll never hear him mispronounce a name. <p></p><i></i>
SpudsPUCKemUP

Post by SpudsPUCKemUP »

God, you think scott hennen is great? All he does is eat and listen to himself talk. His talk show on WDAY in Fargo is nothing but a blab fest about how his opinions should be the only way to be viewed. And no, everybody doesn't like Hennen as the PA announcer...its really annoying when he does the FIGHTING SIOUX.........SCORRRRRRRRRRRRRING!. any announcer except for Hennen is OK'd by me <p></p><i></i>
frozensi

announcers

Post by frozensi »

Dick Sanford (ex North Starts announcer) has always and still will be doing the class AA tourney...... no idea on class A, but thank goodness they will have a new guy in there! <p></p><i></i>
Oldtmr

Re: announcers

Post by Oldtmr »

Dave Wright is announcing the A tourney. He'll do a good job. <p></p><i></i>