St Cloud Cathedral @ Holy Family

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:10 pm

Fire
10%
Crusaders
90%

Total votes: 30

George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

well, because you said so...
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
Badger07

Post by Badger07 »

I wonder if Holy Family will ever be able to take a loss humbly
BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 »

I can't believe these HF fans. Their team loses by 3 goals and they can't break out of their own end all night and they think that's a good effort. Then, the next thing they say is their team is going to do some serious damage in sections. They think they were in the game, but the reality is SCC had it under control from the 2nd period on. Each time HF tried to keep it close, SCC quickly responded with a goal. This may not have been a terrific game from SCC's standpoint, but they completed the game in a business like fashion. Also, SCC was without Nate Schmidt and senior captain Durant. SCC has seen some tough teams this year, i.e. Lourdes, Duluth Marshall, Denfeld and Orono. HF is a good and upcoming program, but it hasn't yet risen above the rank of middle of the pack. That is the reality, folks.
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

Oh now BlueGoose, you had to rile them up again. ;-)
BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 »

Just telling it like it is, Blue.
Last edited by BlueGoose5 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 »

HShockey99 wrote:BlueGoose,
If smothers comes up big twice like Hess did in changes the game.
Technically, Smothers would have had to come up big three more times for a tie, and four more times for the win.
2pipesnin

Post by 2pipesnin »

Give it up BlueG! You were NOT even at the game! And you have not seen HF even play this year.
Maybe you should understand before you feel you need to be understood.
BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 »

Actually, Pipes, you're wrong. I have seen HF play this year. I have several impressions of them:

HF seems to be on the younger side and in many respects they play like that. Their forwards have decent speed, particulary #3, who I liked, but 2 of the 3 forwards on each of the top 3 lines seem to be small, and that limits their physical play, especially down low. However, there are a few guys who don't mind throwing their body around or making a good hit.

Their defense, as has been pointed out by others, is suspect, and I would agree with that. They're not terribly adept at handling the puck in their defensive zone under pressure, but I was very, very impressed with the shooting ability of several of them from the point. The senior captain defenseman has a rocket wrist shot, although it's not very accurate at times. He would be best to give up his slap shot and focus on getting that wrist shot off quickly, because in my opinion its lethal in terms of its potential to get past the goalie.

I have no doubt that this program will be a force to contend with in a few years. It's come a long way just in the past 3 years, but right now the depth is not there to compete consistently with the top 15 teams in Class A.
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

2pipesnin wrote:Maybe you should understand before you feel you need to be understood.
That's a good one! 8)
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

I heard Evan Quist has been playing a little bit for SCC. How does he add to the team depth?
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 »

George Blanda wrote:I heard Evan Quist has been playing a little bit for SCC. How does he add to the team depth?
He doesn't. Or at least he doesn't right now. He's playing timid in that he's not willing to mix it up physically or really be a fighter for the puck. He's played some wing and has made a few passes, but he's not a force presently. To his defense, he's just coming back from another injury.