Hibbing @ Duluth Denfeld

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hibbing vs. Duluth Denfeld

Poll ended at Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:42 pm

Hibbing
59%
Denfeld
41%

Total votes: 32

Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

Did Johnson have any goals for Denfeld?
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

No, Johnson did not score. He still looks to be very sick out there, he didn't have a shift longer than 30 seconds all game I don't think. At the end of each shift he barely had his legs under him. I hear the coach went out and bought 30 water bottles and wrote each players name on them so everyone has their own water bottles on the varsity squad, sounds like everyone is suffering from the flu right now.

And yes Kolquist is an outstanding goaltender, I don't think he's playing any hockey next year, however, I was told he joined the military and leaves right after school is done.
BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 »

The officiating wasn't slighted towards Denfeld by any chance, was it?
hckynet07

Post by hckynet07 »

Kurdatz wrote:If I remember right, there was a Kolquist goaltending at Duluth East some years back (although the name Kolquist has got to be among the most common names in Duluth). Anyone know if they were related?
i believe the DE goalie was kyle kolquist. if im not mistaken, im pretty much positive that the two are cousins, so it must run in the fam.
Last edited by hckynet07 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rangehockey14

Post by rangehockey14 »

I was really impressed with Jake Johnson. Anyone know how many points he has this year?
Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

hckynet07 wrote:
Kurdatz wrote:If I remember right, there was a Kolquist goaltending at Duluth East some years back (although the name Kolquist has got to be among the most common names in Duluth). Anyone know if they were related?
i believe the DE goalie was kyle kolquist. if im not mistaken, im pretty much positive that the two are cousins, so it must run in the fam.
Yes thats right. He was a pretty damn good goaltender too. I don't have a clue what happened to him after HS.
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Kurdatz wrote:
hckynet07 wrote:
Yes thats right. He was a pretty damn good goaltender too. I don't have a clue what happened to him after HS.
Last I saw, he was with Notre Dame after he graduated from East in '97. I'll see what else I can find.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

east hockey wrote:
Kurdatz wrote:
hckynet07 wrote: i believe the DE goalie was kyle kolquist. if im not mistaken, im pretty much positive that the two are cousins, so it must run in the fam.
Last I saw, he was with Notre Dame after he graduated from East in '97. I'll see what else I can find.

Lee
Thanks Lee. Kolquist was a very good goaltender! Couldn't remember what happened to him after high school though. Anyone remember the name of the guy at Duluth Central? He was an exceptional goaltender around that timeframe too, but can't remember his name.
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

fkahckyprofessor20 wrote:No, Johnson did not score. He still looks to be very sick out there, he didn't have a shift longer than 30 seconds all game I don't think. At the end of each shift he barely had his legs under him. I hear the coach went out and bought 30 water bottles and wrote each players name on them so everyone has their own water bottles on the varsity squad, sounds like everyone is suffering from the flu right now.

And yes Kolquist is an outstanding goaltender, I don't think he's playing any hockey next year, however, I was told he joined the military and leaves right after school is done.

Unfortunate for Kolquist. I'm not knocking the military, since I'm still in myself and when in when I was still in high school, but it would be nice if he could carry that hockey career a little further. Anyone know which branch he's going into?
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Kurdatz wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Kurdatz wrote: Yes thats right. He was a pretty damn good goaltender too. I don't have a clue what happened to him after HS.

Lee
Thanks Lee. Kolquist was a very good goaltender! Couldn't remember what happened to him after high school though. Anyone remember the name of the guy at Duluth Central? He was an exceptional goaltender around that timeframe too, but can't remember his name.
Nate Ziemski?

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

Ya thats him! Anyone know what happened to him? He was excellent!
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
hckynet07

Post by hckynet07 »

Kurdatz wrote:
fkahckyprofessor20 wrote:No, Johnson did not score. He still looks to be very sick out there, he didn't have a shift longer than 30 seconds all game I don't think. At the end of each shift he barely had his legs under him. I hear the coach went out and bought 30 water bottles and wrote each players name on them so everyone has their own water bottles on the varsity squad, sounds like everyone is suffering from the flu right now.

Unfortunate for Kolquist. I'm not knocking the military, since I'm still in myself and when in when I was still in high school, but it would be nice if he could carry that hockey career a little further. Anyone know which branch he's going into?
I heard that u guys are all wrong, and he was once considering the air force academy. i guess he has a change in plans and im guessing he'll pursue hockey in the future. I know he's been contacted by the Fargo Moorhead JEts from the NAHL but i heard he isnt all that interested. You think maybe USHL? im not sure.
NrthMNhockey

Post by NrthMNhockey »

I haven't heard anything saying Kolquist is going to the military, last I heard he was being talked to by a few D3 schools, he is a very good goaltender, but, he was a backup, if he was D1 potential he wouldn't have been a backup, hardy hasn't had any offers that i've heard, so if the person he was backing up at Htown hasn't gotten any recruits, then how would his backup?
hckynet07

Post by hckynet07 »

NrthMNhockey wrote:I haven't heard anything saying Kolquist is going to the military, last I heard he was being talked to by a few D3 schools, he is a very good goaltender, but, he was a backup, if he was D1 potential he wouldn't have been a backup, hardy hasn't had any offers that i've heard, so if the person he was backing up at Htown hasn't gotten any recruits, then how would his backup?
Great point... that is very true, but MN native and Denver University alum Goalie Adam Berkhoel was a back-up during most of his high school career and was actually told that they didnt have a jersey for him.... look at him now. He ended up taking DU to an NCAA title in '04, and now he is floating in and out of the NHL. That may be somethin to go by, and wasnt kolquist hurt bad last year around the february mark? I heard that he was in a non-hockey related accident, and he had went through surgery after hockey season was over.
NrthMNhockey

Post by NrthMNhockey »

I've heard rumors of him being in a snowmobile accident?? but I really don't think that he ever had a chance at being the starter, I think as soon as Hardy showed up a few years back the job was handed to him, I honestly think Hardy has potential to play D1, he has very very good numbers, not taking anything away from Kolquist, he's put DD over that 'hump' of not having any talent in the nets, and has made them the team that they are...but I don't believe that he has a D1 goalie. He's MAYBE only the 4th best goalie within twenty minutes of where he lives. Ellingson, Leese (sp?), Hardy
hockeypro27

kolquist

Post by hockeypro27 »

Yes he was injured in a snowmobile accident last winter and had to have surgery on his shoulder from what i have heard.. He has been a very big bonus to the hunters this year. He and Kent have made quite the duo i would say.