Woodbury at White Bear (Feb. 1st)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who do you see winning?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:09 am

Woodbury
29%
White Bear Lake
71%

Total votes: 21

wbmd

Post by wbmd »

wblhockguy06 wrote:anybody have the shots on goal, and who scored the goals in this game?
Star Tribune showed them at 23 for White Bear and 16 for Woodbury.
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

They may be the worst fans in the state. Not as much the students, but the parents
CDH 4life

Post by CDH 4life »

well about that class issue, from a source i have in woddbury, where i am from, i hear that number 22 called a woodbury player a N****r which caused all hell to break loose, so woodbury has every right to be angry about that and i probably would have pounched the kid in the face because using that word is unexcusable.
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

CDH 4life wrote:well about that class issue, from a source i have in woddbury, where i am from, i hear that number 22 called a woodbury player a N****r which caused all hell to break loose, so woodbury has every right to be angry about that and i probably would have pounched the kid in the face because using that word is unexcusable.
White Bear Lake, their players, and people in that community have as much class as anyone and I for one am tired of any little numbnut teenager who can turn on a computer bashing them. If this is in fact true I am sure the player will be suspended, or reprimanded.
hast-h-fan

Post by hast-h-fan »

Simple fact is Woodbury can't compete with the BIG DOGS
thestonesrolling

Post by thestonesrolling »

hast-h-fan wrote:Simple fact is Woodbury can't compete with the BIG DOGS
is that a fact?
did they not compete with them when they beat the bears the first time around?
and did they not compete with cretin last time they played them (tied late in the third period)
i would think that is competing, a lot of teams can compete with "the big dogs" if they show up to play
gumper33

Post by gumper33 »

OK boys two things I need to chime in on --- parents from both areas are nuts and sometimes they don't know their place. I've been at White Bear games and have heard parents say things to players, officials and coaches that is inexcusable. I have also heard the same by parents in Woodbury too. The point is this rivalry is really getting going. With the split this year it is showing that Woodbury is moving up. Remember the fact from last year that 10 players from Woodbury played in the state tournament for different teams (IE Hill, St Thomas, and Cretin). Woodbury may not be a big dog yet but their like that nasty mutt biting at your heels annoying at first and then surprises. Don't count Woodbury out yet. As for the player the may have said the N word from WB, if it was said, then it will be taken care off.. The staff at WB won't put up with that. And after years of playing against and coaching against WBL I wouldn't put it past the player saying that to get in the head of the Woodbury player.- But with that said it is a good win for WBL and it looks like the are hitting on all cylinders at the right time.
hast-h-fan

Post by hast-h-fan »

thestonesrolling wrote:
hast-h-fan wrote:Simple fact is Woodbury can't compete with the BIG DOGS
is that a fact?
did they not compete with them when they beat the bears the first time around?
and did they not compete with cretin last time they played them (tied late in the third period)
i would think that is competing, a lot of teams can compete with "the big dogs" if they show up to play
Hey don't get me wrong...I would love to see them win the section against the private!!
Bearhockey13

Post by Bearhockey13 »

CDH 4life wrote:well about that class issue, from a source i have in woddbury, where i am from, i hear that number 22 called a woodbury player a N****r which caused all hell to break loose, so woodbury has every right to be angry about that and i probably would have pounched the kid in the face because using that word is unexcusable.

I heard # 22 did infact say what they accused him of, they asked him and he admitted it. He could have lied, but didn't. So for being honest, he got a 2 week suspension. I would give the kid credit for telling the truth, if he had lied he would still be playing.

I have heard a lot of things coming out of players mouths in the past and I am not justifying what was said, but I have heard worse. I do believe a 2 week suspension for saying something in the heat of the battle was a little extreme. If there was a microphone on the ice I believe we would all see that the kids are guilty of some type of slander.

My recommendation would be a 1 or 2 game suspension and make the kid go to the entire Woodbury team and apologize to them. That would be a lot more humbling to the kid than a 4 game suspension.

I guess I don't understand some of the rules, so if you check someone from behind, and possibly hurt them physically, you only get a 1 and 1 suspension. But if you slander them and hurt there feelings you get 4 games. I am at a loss.
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

Bearhockey13 wrote:

I heard # 22 did infact say what they accused him of, they asked him and he admitted it. He could have lied, but didn't. So for being honest, he got a 2 week suspension. I would give the kid credit for telling the truth, if he had lied he would still be playing.

I have heard a lot of things coming out of players mouths in the past and I am not justifying what was said, but I have heard worse. I do believe a 2 week suspension for saying something in the heat of the battle was a little extreme. If there was a microphone on the ice I believe we would all see that the kids are guilty of some type of slander.

My recommendation would be a 1 or 2 game suspension and make the kid go to the entire Woodbury team and apologize to them. That would be a lot more humbling to the kid than a 4 game suspension.

I guess I don't understand some of the rules, so if you check someone from behind, and possibly hurt them physically, you only get a 1 and 1 suspension. But if you slander them and hurt there feelings you get 4 games. I am at a loss.
Looks like the Bears took care of their dirty laundry. Another WBL forward was also benched until the 3rd period vs Park for his penalty box yapping and misconduct with a Woodbury player who was also tossed. That player came back and had two assists in the 3rd. Good player with a bright future. Kid needs to learn when to shut the piehole. Fun player to watch. Absolutley fearless and takes on players with 30 pounds on him.
gumper33

Post by gumper33 »

I applaud the WBL staff for the suspention. I also applaud the player for manning up. I think this suspension will send a message that this game isn't about ourselves and how we act effects not just the player involves, but the team and the team comes first. That is the hardest thing to teach a player and I hope his teammates and himselve get that message. It has seem like these players want to show they are macho so they will do or say things at the expense of the team, community , family and school. Players need to understand the best way to get back at an opponent is to score a goal , beat them on the ice and on the scoreboard. If you thoroughly beat an opponent there is no real comeback
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

gumper33 wrote:I applaud the WBL staff for the suspention. I also applaud the player for manning up. I think this suspension will send a message that this game isn't about ourselves and how we act effects not just the player involves, but the team and the team comes first. That is the hardest thing to teach a player and I hope his teammates and himselve get that message. It has seem like these players want to show they are macho so they will do or say things at the expense of the team, community , family and school. Players need to understand the best way to get back at an opponent is to score a goal , beat them on the ice and on the scoreboard. If you thoroughly beat an opponent there is no real comeback
Very well put gumper!!!
hockyman08

Post by hockyman08 »

big ups to this player to man up and take the blame
Dino

Hmmmmmm

Post by Dino »

gumper33 wrote:I applaud the WBL staff for the suspention. I also applaud the player for manning up. I think this suspension will send a message that this game isn't about ourselves and how we act effects not just the player involves, but the team and the team comes first. That is the hardest thing to teach a player and I hope his teammates and himselve get that message. It has seem like these players want to show they are macho so they will do or say things at the expense of the team, community , family and school. Players need to understand the best way to get back at an opponent is to score a goal , beat them on the ice and on the scoreboard. If you thoroughly beat an opponent there is no real comeback
Interesting that we always seem to be applauding the White Bear coaches for suspending players---Hmmmm--
wbmd

Re: Hmmmmmm

Post by wbmd »

Dino wrote:
Interesting that we always seem to be applauding the White Bear coaches for suspending players---Hmmmm--
It's called discipline. Something the White Bear coaches obviously are starting to learn.
wildhckyfan14

Post by wildhckyfan14 »

I honestly don't understand the length of the suspension, I had a friend who got checked from behind and broke his back, he's fine now but he never played again this one player ended his hockey career and only has to sit one game. So this kid from White Bear hurt the Woodbury kids' feelings and as a hockey player most of the time you just brush it off and wait to catch that kid with his head down and make him regret it, nothing dirty just a solid hit, but for calling him a bad name he's out for 4 games? sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you. are they still in kindergarten?
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

wildhckyfan14 wrote:I honestly don't understand the length of the suspension, I had a friend who got checked from behind and broke his back, he's fine now but he never played again this one player ended his hockey career and only has to sit one game. So this kid from White Bear hurt the Woodbury kids' feelings and as a hockey player most of the time you just brush it off and wait to catch that kid with his head down and make him regret it, nothing dirty just a solid hit, but for calling him a bad name he's out for 4 games? sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you. are they still in kindergarten?
Apparently the White Bear coaches felt otherwise.
wblhockguy06

Post by wblhockguy06 »

I agree that some sort of disciplinary action needed to be taken but a 4 game suspension for dropping an N bomb is pretty steep. Sager will regret his decision when he needs him for roseville and cretin because he is one of their best D men if not the best.
Bearhockey13

Post by Bearhockey13 »

wildhckyfan14 wrote:I honestly don't understand the length of the suspension, I had a friend who got checked from behind and broke his back, he's fine now but he never played again this one player ended his hockey career and only has to sit one game. So this kid from White Bear hurt the Woodbury kids' feelings and as a hockey player most of the time you just brush it off and wait to catch that kid with his head down and make him regret it, nothing dirty just a solid hit, but for calling him a bad name he's out for 4 games? sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you. are they still in kindergarten?
I totally agree, I have personally been called alot worse, I don't condone racial slurs, but I say 1 to 2 games and a personal apology to the entire Woodbury team would be alot harder on the kids ego than the punishment that was given. I would be willing to bet that the Woodbury kid has never ever said a mean thing or gester to anyone before? Any bet's?
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

"I agree that some sort of disciplinary action needed to be taken but a 4 game suspension for dropping an N bomb is pretty steep. Sager will regret his decision when he needs him for roseville and cretin because he is one of their best D men if not the best.'

Yea, that makes sense, if they didn't need him, it would be ok to suspend him???
Bearhockey13

Post by Bearhockey13 »

What he called him was a Sand Ni*%er,
The funny thing is according to the Wikipedia list of ethinic slurs

"A Sand Ni*%er is a derogatory or pejorative term for any person of middle eastern descent, particularly Muslim Arabs"

For 1 if #22 is going to be stupid enough to throw a ethnic slur out there at least get it right. And if the Woodbury kid is not Middle Eastern than why take offense???
formerlybackofnet

Post by formerlybackofnet »

It's over and done with, drop it!
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

formerlybackofnet wrote:It's over and done with, drop it!
EXACTLY
Bearhockey13

Post by Bearhockey13 »

I am with all of you guys and believe there should be punishment. I think the punishment was extreme.

However, I do think that somtimes people take dirogatory personall comments to the extreme sometimes, I am getting a little tired of it.

I blame it on the press and the attornies.

Over and out.

DUN DROPPED
Johnson78

Post by Johnson78 »

I dont think you people know that he also called a cretin player N*G*ER? thats horrible he did it twice? dont take his back he needs to grow up. and the woodbury players didnt have a chance to get him back it was on the last shift of the game or else we all know they wouldnt hesitate to get him back.