Best rivaly?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mn4hockey

best rivalry

Post by mn4hockey »

The Best rivalry in minnesota is probably warroad vs. roseau. what other rivalry that you know of has their own website? http://www.roseauramshockey.com/rams_wa ... rriors.htm There is some much history that goes into this rivalry. It started on record in 1945. I don't think that there is any two other programs that have produced a combination of more, College, NHL, Olympic, or Hall of Fame players/Coaches. Although the rivalry has not been the same since the schools are no longer in the same class, it's still pretty special.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

What makes the HM/WB rivalry so special is that, like the Roseau/Warroad, these teams are neighbors. They have played is some epic games over a long period of time and many people enjoy reflecting on those games. The difference between this rivalry & the Roseau/Warroad, is that HM/WB remain in the same class/section. A trip to St. Paul is usually on the line. This unfortunately, no longer applies to the Roseau/Warroad games. Bragging rights are fine, but when a trip to state is involved, the anty is upped significantly.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

If St Thomas ever opts up I'd like to see them land in 2AA for the very reason. Only one of St Thomas or Cretin being able to make it, and many times the other being the team that knocks you out would be huge.

And apparently St Thomas is dominating the head to head match ups. It'd be interesting to see if anyone has the game results ever since the schools started playing each other like is advertised for football all the time.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

Most of these rivalries make sense but I don't get the Tartan/Shattuck one.
thestateofhockey777

Post by thestateofhockey777 »

I've heard so much about the WB/Hill rivalry, how long has this been going on? Because I hadn't heard much about it being a big one until just the past couple of years. Maybe I am just an idiot though.
cake-eater

Post by cake-eater »

WBL has never won the state championship, so I can understand. I believe they are 0-17, just behind SSP for most times at state without a championship.
thestateofhockey777

Post by thestateofhockey777 »

Yes, and also have never won the first game (with the exception of Mariner who lost in the finals). That many appearances and they have not gotten past the first round atleast once? That is really sad.
highschoolhockeyfan

Post by highschoolhockeyfan »

orange is just not a lucky color to wear in hockey
hockeytimetonight

Post by hockeytimetonight »

ep vs edina

ep vs tonka

ep vs chaska
RamFan2010!

Post by RamFan2010! »

Roseau vs. Warroad.... its very historic, and I dont think it will ever die down even though we arent in the same class. Warroad is pretty good and I know the Hockey games between them are so high strung... its like that in almost every sport with them. Hockey,Swimming, Football, Basketball,etc.
ballernation

Post by ballernation »

[quote="gopherhockey33"][quote="Govs93"]Minneapolis East vs. Minneapolis West[/quote]

funny!!![/quote]

exactly........well said
sid_the_kid

Post by sid_the_kid »

The hm/wb 06 section final game that went into triple ot was the greatest game i have ever seen, thats what makes rivalries!

Sid 8)
mnpuckfan21

Post by mnpuckfan21 »

I think that we in the cities like to believe that we have the biggest rivalries in the state, but the hands down biggest game(s) in the state are the Roseau vs. Warroad games.

I played in the same conference as WBL and Hill, yeah, that's a very big rivalry, probably the biggest in the metro, but overall, no games beat the atmosphere and passion of Roseau vs. Warroad
rbkhockey

Post by rbkhockey »

Too bad White Bear and Hill aren't in the same conference.
wildhckyfan14

Post by wildhckyfan14 »

rbkhockey wrote:Too bad White Bear and Hill aren't in the same conference.
they used to be, I think thats what he meant by played in
mnpuckfan21

Post by mnpuckfan21 »

wildhckyfan14 wrote:
rbkhockey wrote:Too bad White Bear and Hill aren't in the same conference.
they used to be, I think thats what he meant by played in

That's exactly what I meant, I graduated in 2001, and we were in the same conference then.
Johnny_Murphy

Post by Johnny_Murphy »

highschoolhockeyfan wrote:orange is just not a lucky color to wear in hockey
ouch...
Edinagoalie0

Post by Edinagoalie0 »

Edina vs Everyone everyone loves to hate the cake eaters.
I would go with Private vs Public also, though
boblee

post 7781

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids has made 14 trips to state, including 3 state titles wearing orange.
highschoolhockeyfan

Re: post 7781

Post by highschoolhockeyfan »

boblee wrote:
Grand Rapids has made 14 trips to state, including 3 state titles wearing orange.
yea i know i was just refuring to wbl moorhead and them just becasue they havent won with there great teams but i was not trying to offend them
hockeypimp111

Post by hockeypimp111 »

Roseau vs. Warroad or Roseau vs. Moorehead
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Home vs Away?
flatontheice

Best Rivalry

Post by flatontheice »

Shakopee vs New Ulm
snapdog

Post by snapdog »

Cloquet and East. Used to really enjoy the old Grand Rapids- Greenway thrillers. Greenway has been down the last few years. Small town. Obviously Warroad- Roseau. Marshall- Cloquet Marshall- Hermantown. Obviously I,m near Duluth. These are the games I enjoy.