best bantam a teams next year

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

minnesotahockey1 wrote:Tim's going back to Jefferson. Hmm, sounds good for them. Now they definitely won't have any first years. Team to reckon with.
Your assuming he will make the "A" team.
hustla17

Post by hustla17 »

lakeville south will be good they just choked last year in the state tourney
MNHockeyFan1

Post by MNHockeyFan1 »

Nominnhkywatcher wrote:Up North u will have

Duluth East
Grand Rapids
Roseau
Bemidji
Cloquet?
minnesotahockeystar15

Post by minnesotahockeystar15 »

DAbears25 wrote:White Bear will have a solid squad, especially if Max Birkinbine stays. They will also be a solid team without him with 3 returners and of course with the help of great coaching in Scott Hambly and his assistants. Should be alot better than when they were Peewees.
I dont think Max is staying. I hear he is going to try out for St. Thomas? Correct? Well anyways the kids that are comming up to be 2nd years from that State team, they will contribute a lot to the A team next year.
minnesotahockeystar15

EP will be on the top next year and so will Edina and Wayzeta. Wayzeta will be the only good team from the North next year. The other teams will be good but not great.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

minnesotahockeystar15 wrote:
DAbears25 wrote:White Bear will have a solid squad, especially if Max Birkinbine stays. They will also be a solid team without him with 3 returners and of course with the help of great coaching in Scott Hambly and his assistants. Should be alot better than when they were Peewees.
I dont think Max is staying. I hear he is going to try out for St. Thomas? Correct? Well anyways the kids that are comming up to be 2nd years from that State team, they will contribute a lot to the A team next year.
Minnesotahockeystar-

Your assuming that Max will make the varsity team, which with the new players who have enrolled this year, its doubtfull that he will. Max will be better off playing bantam hockey another year vs. JV hockey.
tdruk

Post by tdruk »

minnesotahockeystar15 wrote:EP will be on the top next year and so will Edina and Wayzeta. Wayzeta will be the only good team from the North next year. The other teams will be good but not great.
Since when is wayzata a northern team? They are from the west.
minnesotahockeystar15

High Flyer wrote:
Minnesotahockeystar-

Your assuming that Max will make the varsity team, which with the new players who have enrolled this year, its doubtfull that he will. Max will be better off playing bantam hockey another year vs. JV hockey.

That is true he is but do you think he will have a chance at making JV next year. He is a solid player and yes he would be better off playing Bantam. But it would be too easy for him.
minnesotahockeystar15

tdruk wrote:
minnesotahockeystar15 wrote:EP will be on the top next year and so will Edina and Wayzeta. Wayzeta will be the only good team from the North next year. The other teams will be good but not great.
Since when is wayzata a northern team? They are from the west.

Sorry that was my bad i forgot they are in the West. But from what I saw throughout the year. There really wasn't a stand out norther team.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

High Flyer wrote:
minnesotahockeystar15 wrote: I dont think Max is staying. I hear he is going to try out for St. Thomas? Correct? Well anyways the kids that are comming up to be 2nd years from that State team, they will contribute a lot to the A team next year.
Minnesotahockeystar-

That is true he is but do you think he will have a chance at making JV next year. He is a solid player and yes he would be better off playing Bantam. But it would be too easy for him.
If given a choice, between JV hockey and Batam A with good coaching and competion at the Bantam level, why would anyone choose JV over Bantam A? Truth is, JV hockey is a joke. Just look where all 10th grade studs are comming from who make varsity hockey. Most played 9th grade Bantam A hockey, not JV hockey.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

High Flyer wrote:
High Flyer wrote: Minnesotahockeystar-

If given a choice, between JV hockey and Batam A with good coaching and competion at the Bantam level, why would anyone choose JV over Bantam A? Truth is, JV hockey is a joke. Just look where all 10th grade studs are comming from who make varsity hockey. Most played 9th grade Bantam A hockey, not JV hockey.
In regards as to whether or not it would be too easy for Max, well lets just say that there are lots of areas of Max's game that needs improvement, which is another reason why he still needs one more year of Bantam hockey.

Max is not ready for high school hockey, this year and next year. Oh ya, remember this year when Max & daddy thought he could just skip bantam hockey all together and go right to playing varisty hockey. What happend????
minnesotahockeystar15

High Flyer wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
In regards as to whether or not it would be too easy for Max, well lets just say that there are lots of areas of Max's game that needs improvement, which is another reason why he still needs one more year of Bantam hockey.

Max is not ready for high school hockey, this year and next year. Oh ya, remember this year when Max & daddy thought he could just skip bantam hockey all together and go right to playing varisty hockey. What happend????

Yeah that is true it was joke thinking that he could have made last year. I hate players that think they are the PLEASE BAN ME and think they will be the next Crosby. But I thought wrong when thinking that he could make it, yes he does need improvement. Bantam A is best for him.
pucker15

Post by pucker15 »

Wayzata will be solid with 8 returners and no one leaving
lowhockey

Post by lowhockey »

All the Roseau kids are planning on staying down so they will definitely be a dominating team and should have a good run at state.
breakout

Re: Roseau Bantam A's

Post by breakout »

rozofan wrote:Roseau Bantam A's will be a great team next. It will be roughly the same team as last year in Peewee A's. They took 4th in state and finished with a 37-4 record.
You think first year bantam kids will be great next year? If they are that talented, look for them to hit their stride in their 2nd year.
buckeyehockey17

Post by buckeyehockey17 »

breakout wrote:
rozofan wrote:Roseau Bantam A's will be a great team next. It will be roughly the same team as last year in Peewee A's. They took 4th in state and finished with a 37-4 record.
You think first year bantam kids will be great next year? If they are that talented, look for them to hit their stride in their 2nd year.

Bantams is a whole different game from pee wees harder hitting and faster pace

theyll have a hard time adjusting if the team is mostly first years
Hockey = Life
bantamA01

Post by bantamA01 »

i think chaska might be pretty good they have their retourning goalie and around 5 players----they were pretty good a few years ago i think
watchdog

wrong words

Post by watchdog »

someone wrote for roseau bantams same team as last year peewees i think they ment same team as peewee two years ago. roseau will have maybe two first years on the team and that is maybe it could be only one.
hockeyfantasy

Bantam A's

Post by hockeyfantasy »

I totally agree with High Flyer. Kids that still have one year left at Bantam A's should stay at Bantam A's. The only reason they move up is an ego trip for the parents. Let the kids play with their friends and have fun!!!!
breakout

Re: wrong words

Post by breakout »

watchdog wrote:someone wrote for roseau bantams same team as last year peewees i think they ment same team as peewee two years ago. roseau will have maybe two first years on the team and that is maybe it could be only one.
If that's the case, they should be solid.
hockeyx11

Post by hockeyx11 »

I would look out for EP, Wayzata, and Grand Rapids. all three finished top 5 in state for peewee A two years ago, and Grand Rapids will most likely be keeping Dustin Shulte back, a very skilled and physical kid. they might also have some Greenway kids coming over to play for them instead of greenway, which would filter some of the less skilled third liners out and put three scoring lines on the ice.
hockeyx11

Post by hockeyx11 »

MNHockeyFan1 wrote:
Nominnhkywatcher wrote:Up North u will have

Duluth East
Grand Rapids
Roseau
Bemidji
Cloquet?
Grand Rapids Peewee A two years ago beat them like 15-0 two times... and GR got fifth in state.
icedad

Post by icedad »

Jake Flemming is taking over Maple Grove Bantam As. After what he was able to accomplish with Osseo last year, my money is on him to put a solid team on the ice.
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

yeah look at the teams they play. cupcake schedule
shoot to thrill

Post by shoot to thrill »

The Bantam A contest in D6 is the one to watch. It's very possible that the eventual State Champion will come from D6. Edina has always had a decent team and this year should be no different as long as all their players return. EP is developing into a top association that is always tough to beat and getting a reputation as hockeys future powerhouse at all levels (if not already). Burnsville should have a strong team with some great goaltending, a solid defense and several decent scorers. There only issue might be size but they can make up for that with good puck movement. Minnetonka should do okay but will probably not be as good as previous years. Another surprise might be Apple Valley which had a strong Peewee A team last year that's moving up to Bantams and could make them tougher than previous years.