paying public high school tuition in the Junior A league

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

livehockey

paying public high school tuition in the Junior A league

Post by livehockey »

A couple of years ago, my friend (he's a center) told me he had to pay thousands of dollars to a public high school since he was playing hockey in a different state. The billet family wouldn't sign a limited guardianship. That's hard to believe.

But he was still in high school and moved to a different state to play Junior A hockey in the United States, I believe it was tier 2.

Is that possible that he had to pay money to a public high school?
livehockey

Post by livehockey »

It's seems like everybody that I know this year that went to play Junior A tier 2, that they all were able to have a limited guardian for their place of residents and that way they were able to go to the public high school without having to pay a tuituion to the public high school. I don't know of anybody that has to pay to go to a public high school, since they live out of state because they don't live with a legal guardian. So I am wondering if my friend is not telling the truth. Does anybody know of anybody that had to pay to go to a public high school because they were from out of state.
Pucking Around

Post by Pucking Around »

I know with the Texas NAHL teams that you don't have to pay to go to public school. I can't see a team placing a kid that is still in high school with a family that wouldn't sign a limited guardianship.