07-08 Gophers

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

puckoff077

Post by puckoff077 »

gtimehocey wrote:yes i used to go to some of his game when he play in the nahl with owattona and he never really impressed me that much their was 2 or 3 D that were better then him
well this could be a good thing for the gophs, even if that is true. A lot of the talk about the gophers is about being too young, and players leaving early. Sounds like he would be 4 year player and is not 18 years old.
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

what about goaltending i think that will be a weekness if frazee starts still dissapointed in the goal in the und game
Blue Breeze

Post by Blue Breeze »

Frazee will take the load 75/25 over Kangas IMO. In the playoffs, he was better than Briggs by a long shot and made great strides between his freshman and sophomore seasons. He'll only get better and has a good shot to be amongst the best goaltenders in the WCHA next year.
rbkhockey

Re: post 7626

Post by rbkhockey »

puckoff077 wrote:
boblee wrote:My sources say the chance of Goligoski staying is about 20%.
boblee, why you gotta crush a guy's spirits like that lol. who drafted him??
Boblee, its way more than 20% I'd say about 50%. He got hurt and I believe it was his shoulder and the Penguins won't want him just for that reason, theres no point in going to the NHL and not play when you can still have a chance to mature and still develop.
puckoff077

Post by puckoff077 »

Blue Breeze wrote:Frazee will take the load 75/25 over Kangas IMO. In the playoffs, he was better than Briggs by a long shot and made great strides between his freshman and sophomore seasons. He'll only get better and has a good shot to be amongst the best goaltenders in the WCHA next year.
he was better than briggs but that is saying much he let in wya too many soft goals. kangas will get more time than that.
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

puckoff077 wrote:
Blue Breeze wrote:Frazee will take the load 75/25 over Kangas IMO. In the playoffs, he was better than Briggs by a long shot and made great strides between his freshman and sophomore seasons. He'll only get better and has a good shot to be amongst the best goaltenders in the WCHA next year.
he was better than briggs but that is saying much he let in wya too many soft goals. kangas will get more time than that.
actaully i agree wat blue breeze said if he doesnt let soft goals in next year he will be one of the top in the wcha
puckoff077

Post by puckoff077 »

dangla. wrote:
puckoff077 wrote:
actaully i agree wat blue breeze said if he doesnt let soft goals in next year he will be one of the top in the wcha
i like frazee too. i think kangas will get more time because he has performed so well in HS and juniors. i think the gophers will have one of the better goalie tandoms in the nation
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Okposo is going to stay for sophmore year. :) I like that.
theref

Post by theref »

Okposo took the route that Johnson should have taken. He was good, but I think one more year might have really helped him. His decisions up the middle were pretty much hit and miss all year. He could be the next Chris Pronger in that aspect, but I really think that he could have used one more year to develop it. Now with the Islanders losing so much in the off season this year, I would bet that Okposo will not be a Gopher after his sophmore year unless the Islanders make some moves during the year. He will definately benefit from playing for Ted Nolan though. Other than that, hope the Gophers get some staying power so that they don't run out of gas again this year.
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

were not going to be good if frazze plays every game
TheShow

Post by TheShow »

I don't think Cade is going to put up numbers this year
sterfry9

Post by sterfry9 »

who do you think will have more points between rj and cade?
gtimehocey

Post by gtimehocey »

CADE
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Boston U vs Michigan
Minnesota vs RPI
Looks like a great way to start the season.
Ice Breaker Tournament.
Last edited by State Champ 97 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
MNRinkRat

Post by MNRinkRat »

So how will the Gophers do this year. I'm gonna say Frozen Four Appearance and that's as far as I will go.
Let's Play Hockey
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

State Champ 97 wrote:Boston U vs Michigan
Minnesota vs RPI
Looks like a great way to start the season.
Ice Breaker Tournament.
Oops that should be Boston College vs Michigan in the opening round.