ADRIAN PETERSON

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote: I'm curious to hear which plays you classify as "quite amazing"
Trust me Goldy, it won't be worth it. You should know better by now.
I do know better but I could use a little entertainment tonight.
The U invented swagger.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Goldy Gopher wrote: I do know better but I could use a little entertainment tonight.
Well geez Goldy, you um... you have.... um... like the internet...
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:I thought the Vikings QBs did exactly what they needed to do in that game, not turn the ball over and make SD think a little bit about putting everyone in the box. My point was how did Brooks come in and get the job done? Tavaris had nearly the same stats and Brooks didn't blow anyone away with any throws. They were smart and unspectacular. I just don't think Brooks should be getting great accolades for doing his job, especially when he didn't do anything better than anyone else really.

:idea:

i belive before you posted that you said you were done in here
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:Ok, I'm done in here now. Go back to playing with yourselves. :idea:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:As much as I wanted to stay out of this thread because it seems to be for the miscasts...
You were right the first time ER...

Don't get sucked in.
rbkhockey

Post by rbkhockey »

hockyman08 wrote:
dangla. wrote:crazy. hes already at 1036 yards and 8 rushing td's leading the NFL in both.

can you say offensive rookie of the year!
If it wasn't for Tom Brady's ridiculous season, we might be saying MVP
isnt there seperate MVP's for each league (AFC and NFC)
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote: I do know better but I could use a little entertainment tonight.

I have exhausted all the resources on the internet. :shock:
The U invented swagger.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:

Image You MUST be exhausted!
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote: Well geez Goldy, you um... you have.... um... like the internet...

Image You MUST be exhausted!
You have no idea. :lol:
The U invented swagger.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Waste of time

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

On the way into the salt mines today I caught a little of Mike&Mike talking about the Packers being investigated by the NFL for granting monetary awards for individual accomplishments during games.

With AP going down it makes you wonder. But that is really another discussion for another day.

What I'm getting at is couldn't the NFL evaluate hits on the field like officials do in hockey. If you've watched hockey with someone who doesn't know the game, they can't tell the differenece between interference, charging, boarding, elbowing, checking from behind, or roughing, but to the trained eye it is easier. In the NFL aren't there hits they could crack down on if they wanted to, such as "going low" on a RB. I only saw the hit on AP once but didn't a guy dive at his knee, that to me would be something that could be policed more effectively.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

This could be a positive sign that AP will be back in action soon!
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

I know what you mean shanty, ever since it went from wrap up arm tackling to this throw the shoulder at the legs thing, I think we've seen more injuries.
I think the Defensive coaches are telling the players to protect themselves by not wrapping up, as that's where the D players get hurt, fingers, arms, and necks. By throwing the shoulder in it is more like a cross body block.

I know if you throw a hip check in hockey, and get lower into the knees area (smaller players) it's a penalty, yet in football it's not.

Backs like AP are what they are because they run with recklous abandon, it's only a matter of time before that next cut, or juke gets caught by someone throwing their body in the path of the legs, or knees from the side, and no knee can take that kind of force.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Govs93 wrote:This could be a positive sign that AP will be back in action soon!

Fishing today??? Heck wait for the ice to form

Ahhhh the Onion is one of the best written lampoon centers we have in our society today.

I am sure it is the key source of information a few of our more "intelligent" bloggers (the one or two here in the Cafe and the one in the youth site) use to obtain their facts :lol:
fighting all who rob or plunder
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

After today, I would give Adrian:
Rookie of the year
MVP
MR Hockey
:)
pistol

Post by pistol »

I would say AP is the all-time greatest!