Mr. Hockey 2008?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pioneerhockey12

d

Post by pioneerhockey12 »

i agree jt brown is probably the best scorer in the lake conference now that barnes is back to his pre-state tourny form...
pioneerhockey12

Post by pioneerhockey12 »

i take what i said about barnes back he played great against edina
breakout

Post by breakout »

ehshockey wrote:JOE GLEASON OBVIOUSLY!
Obviously..............WRONG!

Urban legend from an Elite League game??? Eyewitness account, Gleason and his partner were offsides while trying to jump in the play and rush the puck up the ice. Must have forgot there were three other players called FORWARDS in front of them.

Have you ever heard of two D being offsides before :lol: I didn't think so
breakout

Post by breakout »

The Weight Room wrote:why hasnt JT Brown even been mentioned? I think hes making his case averaging over 3 points a game.
Is he playing both ways? Or just one way? Not a cut, just a question.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Fargo wrote:
Wave Fan 68 wrote:
Fargo wrote:NESS
no sir you are wrong JOE GLEASON
You may be right. Gleason is a good player on a great team and a senior.

Ness is a great player on a pretty good team trying to be a junior/senior while flying all over the country playing for multiple top teams this fall. If Ness gets his academics to senior level soon enough then I think he wins the award. I predict Ness will be on the ice pretty much all the time like Henry Boucha was for Warroad years ago.
Does Ness have a life other than hockey and school? I hope so
ColdasIce

Post by ColdasIce »

after watching both east (on fox feed) and marshall today battle tonka, I have to say if jake gardiner keeps winning games late in the third, it is his to win hands down....
The Weight Room

Post by The Weight Room »

breakout wrote:
The Weight Room wrote:why hasnt JT Brown even been mentioned? I think hes making his case averaging over 3 points a game.
Is he playing both ways? Or just one way? Not a cut, just a question.
IMO The best defense is a good offense, so yes. others may think differently...
ehshockey

Post by ehshockey »

breakout wrote:

Urban legend from an Elite League game??? Eyewitness account, Gleason and his partner were offsides while trying to jump in the play and rush the puck up the ice. Must have forgot there were three other players called FORWARDS in front of them.

what are you talking about? Joe Gleason is obviously the strongest canidate. Two defenders offsides WHAT were you talking about.
boomer

Post by boomer »

How about JT Brown from Rosemount. I went to the AHA vs. Rosemount game and he was dealing. He had a hat trick and is one of the state leading scorers and is on a 3 game hat trick streak.
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

boomer wrote:How about JT Brown from Rosemount. I went to the AHA vs. Rosemount game and he was dealing. He had a hat trick and is one of the state leading scorers and is on a 3 game hat trick streak.
Sorry, if you have to say "from" when you describe them they are automatically disqualified.
boomer

Post by boomer »

JT BROWN - HE is the most dominant player in the state. He score like 3 goals a game and has lead his team to victories over Holy Angels and over Eastview.
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

boomer wrote:JT BROWN - HE is the most dominant player in the state. He score like 3 goals a game and has lead his team to victories over Holy Angels and over Eastview.
Then you have to say what a great player he's going to be next year for???
HapSlappy

Post by HapSlappy »

pioneerhockey12 wrote:i take what i said about barnes back he played great against edina
I heard he picked up a hattrick in a game today against Apple Valley...
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

Brown, Rosemount - Putting up mad points in a conference that is once again strong.

O'donnell, Jefferson - Most underrated player in the state. Check the points collumn. (SP?)

Barnes, Burnsville - Strong but I just don't see Mr. Hockey in him. I can see how others might though.

Gleason, Edina - One of the best, if not the best, defensmen in the state.
breakout

Post by breakout »

ehshockey wrote:
breakout wrote:

what are you talking about? Joe Gleason is obviously the strongest canidate. Two defenders offsides WHAT were you talking about.

Strongest candidate............you need to get out more. Certainly, I would give him top ten.

To answer your question: from what I heard Gleason didn't play much D in the Elite League. On the particular play in question, Gleason and his partner jumped in the rush. One of them had the puck, they skated past their forwards without moving the puck and one of the D (Gleason or his partner) was offsides. The experienced hockey guy I talked to said he had never seen that before. Can't say I have either.
ehshockey

Post by ehshockey »

breakout wrote:
ehshockey wrote:
breakout wrote: Obviously..............WRONG!

Strongest candidate............you need to get out more. Certainly, I would give him top ten.

To answer your question: from what I heard Gleason didn't play much D in the Elite League. On the particular play in question, Gleason and his partner jumped in the rush. One of them had the puck, they skated past their forwards without moving the puck and one of the D (Gleason or his partner) was offsides. The experienced hockey guy I talked to said he had never seen that before. Can't say I have either.
Name some stronger canidates then Gleason and this award is not based on one mistake. He is the strongest senior defender in the state. If you think there is a better one tell me.
BLUELINER22

Post by BLUELINER22 »

Fargo wrote:NESS
yeah! ness
breakout

Post by breakout »

ehshockey wrote:
breakout wrote:
ehshockey wrote: what are you talking about? Joe Gleason is obviously the strongest canidate. Two defenders offsides WHAT were you talking about.

Name some stronger canidates then Gleason and this award is not based on one mistake. He is the strongest senior defender in the state. If you think there is a better one tell me.
How about:

Everson is playing the best on his team

I heard he was out for 6 goals in one Elite League game (unfortunately the league doesn't keep plus-minus)

There are other players listed as "A" players by Centeral Scouting; he is not.

Don't get me wrong, being in the top ten is awesome. He is heading for UND. He is obviously a very good player. However, not best in state. If he were a complete two way player I might be inclined to think differently.
HornetFan08

Post by HornetFan08 »

breakout wrote:Don't get me wrong, being in the top ten is awesome. He is heading for UND. He is obviously a very good player. However, not best in state. If he were a complete two way player I might be inclined to think differently.
Joe is a complete two way player, his speed is amazing and his slapper is equally good, he'll score goals. He is Mr. Hockey
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

HornetFan08 wrote:
breakout wrote:Don't get me wrong, being in the top ten is awesome. He is heading for UND. He is obviously a very good player. However, not best in state. If he were a complete two way player I might be inclined to think differently.
Joe is a complete two way player, his speed is amazing and his slapper is equally good, he'll score goals. He is Mr. Hockey
Did you watch the Burnsville game or were you too busy throwing pucks at Burnsville's students. Gleason got flat out beat twice and tried to lead the rush at very poor time a number of other times and left Max Everson back there on his own trying to stop Barnes, Hendrickson and Perisic alone. Twice it resulted in a Burnsville goals, once Max made a great play and once Cashetta made an amazing save. Gleason clearly has the offense down, but he needs to tone down his agression both in jumping into the rush and trying to take out on player and allowing passes when trying to stop the rush. If he does that, he should be MR. Hockey. However, after the Burnsville game he is not in the lead for Mr. Hockey. Joe has to step his game up and play like a champion in big games to get Mr. Hockey and he did not against Burnsville. In my opinion, Gleason is the third best player on the team behind both Budish and Lee. Both of them stepped up against Burnsville and Mr. Hockey should not be the thrid best player on his own team.

Jake Gardiner does all those things and deserves to be Mr. Hockey. He never gets beat, scores clutch goals and steps up against very talented teams. He is a one man wrecking machine and I would argue is better than Aaron Ness(as of now Gardiner is regarded by many as a better pro hockey prospect). As of now, Gardiner has my vote.
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

scoreboard33 wrote:
HornetFan08 wrote:
Did you watch the Burnsville game or were you too busy throwing pucks at Burnsville's students. Gleason got flat out beat twice and tried to lead the rush at very poor time a number of other times and left Max Everson back there on his own trying to stop Barnes, Hendrickson and Perisic alone. Twice it resulted in a Burnsville goals, once Max made a great play and once Cashetta made an amazing save. Gleason clearly has the offense down, but he needs to tone down his agression both in jumping into the rush and trying to take out on player and allowing passes when trying to stop the rush. If he does that, he should be MR. Hockey. However, after the Burnsville game he is not in the lead for Mr. Hockey. Joe has to step his game up and play like a champion in big games to get Mr. Hockey and he did not against Burnsville. In my opinion, Gleason is the third best player on the team behind both Budish and Lee. Both of them stepped up against Burnsville and Mr. Hockey should not be the thrid best player on his own team.

Jake Gardiner does all those things and deserves to be Mr. Hockey. He never gets beat, scores clutch goals and steps up against very talented teams. He is a one man wrecking machine and I would argue is better than Aaron Ness(as of now Gardiner is regarded by many as a better pro hockey prospect). As of now, Gardiner has my vote.
A little birdie told me that Gardiner is the top HS prospect this year for the NHL draft... And after watching him play, I can see why.
BladeButter44

Post by BladeButter44 »

Student or Gleason.

STUDENT :lol:
HornetFan08

Post by HornetFan08 »

Jake Gardiner never ever gets beat? And Joe can take chances because he know he has a great defender and goalie behind him. Joe and jake each have 7 points on the year. Joe has been a playmaker so far with 7 assists, he sees other plays before they develop. Jake does have 3 goals, but now he has some tough teams comming up. we'll see.
CopeMHD

Post by CopeMHD »

Nick Thielen= mr. hockey
Ammo also
royals0951

Post by royals0951 »

rosemount already beat my team so i obviously cant stand them but JT Brown has 14 goals and 9 assists THROUGH 5 GAMES! if those numbers arnt worthy of a mr. hockey nomination, i dont know what are.