Best pair of defenders in State?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

in_the_stands

Best pair of defenders in State?

Post by in_the_stands »

With a few games on the books already, I'm wondering if anyone's got ideas on the best defensive partners out there? Class A? Class AA? Looks to be a solid field from the games I've made it to.
DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy »

Aaron Ness and whoever his partner is
MNsGreatest#2

Post by MNsGreatest#2 »

DubCHAGuy wrote:Aaron Ness and whoever his partner is
Erik Ness and Sean Hennen
rangehockey14

Post by rangehockey14 »

There's a couple from Minnetonka I remember watching, I forgot their names... Gardener maybe? and his partner...
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

No doubt about it...

Aaron Ness and the other guy.

It doesn't really matter who the other guy is.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
bardown012

Post by bardown012 »

rangehockey14 wrote:There's a couple from Minnetonka I remember watching, I forgot their names... Gardener maybe? and his partner...
Thats Gardiner whos going to Wisconsin, and Raiola whos going to UMASS
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

George Blanda wrote:No doubt about it...

Aaron Ness and the other guy.

It doesn't really matter who the other guy is.
Weston is very good as well. They don't get paired together much, except probably on the PP. Anyway, those two would definitely be the best.
hockeyxprt1

Post by hockeyxprt1 »

Student, McCarthy BSM
in_the_stands

Post by in_the_stands »

I was fairly impressed with the pair from DM last week against TG - Jacques and Olson. Seem to play well together and are both ranked high in polls. But conceed, Ness is dominant with any partner.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

bardown012 wrote:
rangehockey14 wrote:There's a couple from Minnetonka I remember watching, I forgot their names... Gardener maybe? and his partner...
Thats Gardiner whos going to Wisconsin, and Raiola whos going to UMASS
I actually like this paring better than Ness & Whomever. Give me Gardiner & Raiola on the blueline with the Jammin' Junior forward line from Edina and Mike Lee of Roseau in net. All the way baby!!!
ehshockey

Post by ehshockey »

Joe Gleason and Max Everson. Everson is good for a freshman but Gleason is one of the best defenders in the state so that is what makes this pair one of the best in the state.
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

packerboy and the shyster. :wink:
Hockey Moms are Hottest!!!
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

ehshockey wrote:Joe Gleason and Max Everson. Everson is good for a freshman but Gleason is one of the best defenders in the state so that is what makes this pair one of the best in the state.
Does Gleason play much actual defense? I've only seen him play once, but I've heard that all he does is look to pinch in and try to score. I know he's a good player but heard he looks to jump up in the play too much. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Like i said, only seen him play once.
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

Rush and Leddy from EP, I like that combo better than Gardiner and Raiola, but they are very close. Put Ness on the ice with 4 fowards and I still think he would be third.
ALSECORD

Post by ALSECORD »

Define defender. Ness is a defender. Student is a tremendous offensive talent, but in my opinion he's not a defender. Which might explain why he's playing out East next year. Not many defenseman play defense anymore.
Puckhead631

Post by Puckhead631 »

Rush - looked like he was injured tonight. Rapids hit hard when his head was down on a powerplay rush and didnt see the ice again.

Can anyone confirm?
ehshockey

Post by ehshockey »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
ehshockey wrote:Joe Gleason and Max Everson. Everson is good for a freshman but Gleason is one of the best defenders in the state so that is what makes this pair one of the best in the state.
Does Gleason play much actual defense? I've only seen him play once, but I've heard that all he does is look to pinch in and try to score. I know he's a good player but heard he looks to jump up in the play too much. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Like i said, only seen him play once.
He does help out on defense a lot but pretty much any time of the game he can take the puck his team's zone and skate it past every into the other team's zone. His speed is amazing. So he does help the offense get the puck into the other team's zone and set up some nice plays and does a lot on defense.
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

ehshockey wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
He does help out on defense a lot but pretty much any time of the game he can take the puck his team's zone and skate it past every into the other team's zone. His speed is amazing. So he does help the offense get the puck into the other team's zone and set up some nice plays and does a lot on defense.
Gleason doesn't play a ton of defense, but because of his speed and Max Everson's skill and willingness to stay back, he usually gets back quick enough. He is tremendous offensibvely, very good in his own zone, and I would say just average as a defenseman on the breakout, but a very good skater on the break out. He is very good against the rush, when he actually stays at the point in the offensive zone, but he doesn't do that too often so I would say okay against the rush.

Rush didn't play against Edina tonight.
Puckhead631

Post by Puckhead631 »

Nice assessment on Gleason - they could have used you tonight.
mnhock04

Post by mnhock04 »

Anyone take a look at the two kids from WBL. the one is named Hoffman and the other one is Gerde or someithing