Junior Gold A

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

lance

Junior Gold A

Post by lance »

Where are all the A players on this forum all the talk is about "B"........How is WBL for Junior Gold A and Duluth and start posting stuff about your team lets see how everyone is doing
JR.

Post by JR. »

The best teams that I have seen so far are Edina, WBL, Minnetonka, Jefferson and Centennial. Burnsville, Wessy's and Eagan should be tough teams too. It is a throw up right now who is the best in the Metro Hockey League between the seven teams or so at the top.
IceMan99

Post by IceMan99 »

JR. wrote:The best teams that I have seen so far are Edina, WBL, Minnetonka, Jefferson and Centennial. Burnsville, Wessy's and Eagan should be tough teams too. It is a throw up right now who is the best in the Metro Hockey League between the seven teams or so at the top.
What about Eden Prairie, JR.? Against of the teams you mentioned, they are 4-1, beating Jefferson twice, Eagan once, and splitting a pair with WBL.
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

EP isn't that good this year. They are o.k., but definatley NOT the powerhouse they usually are.
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

I don't think Jefferson is a power house squad. I don't think WBL is either. The same goes for Wayzata, though no body said there are. Eden Prairie isn't either. I have yet to see Edina and Burnsville play so I can't comment on them. Centennial should field a good squad, although I have yet to hear or see anything of them.

Edina will probably the best team this year. In the end, I think it will all come down to fair play points. EP won the league last year despite not having the best record. I believe WBL and Edina had better record but not as many fair play points.
Iraqnam
countrygentleman

So I looked at the standings and I change my view a bit. I guess Jefferson is doing well. A 7-1-1 record with a goals against of 1.22! That's impressive. Eagan is 8-1-0 but I question who they have played. I don't know. But they too have a 1.22 GAA. Those are numbers that stick out to me. I thought Edina was a little better, but two losses also sticks out to me. It appears everybody has played at least 7-8 games, except Eden Prairie (four games). We'll see how they do as they catch up. Wayzata has played 6 games but at 2-4-0 I don't really care if they had played 100 games. Although, their record might go up with more games.

Can somebody tell me some scores of the top teams vs. top teams. I think Burnsville beat Edina. What was the score? It seems a lot of the games so far have been the top teams vs the bottom teams. I can't wait to see the standings after more top dog vs top dog games. It should be fun.
Iraqnam
theoneandonly1

Post by theoneandonly1 »

Jefferson just lost there top goalie to the JV team so that might hurt them.
lance

Post by lance »

does anyone know anything about duluth what is their record???? Are they anything like last year??
Franny's Boy

jr gold a wessy's boys

Post by Franny's Boy »

lance - what schools feed into wessy's boys?
lance

Post by lance »

this year all Hill-Murray kids and then 1 edina and 1 cretin
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

I don't think Duluth is that good this year. They were in the MTKA tournament and they lost to OSSEO who has yet to win a league game.
Franny's Boy

Post by Franny's Boy »

the challenge on judging the best team in the Jr Gold A (and B an U16) is that this league is designed to keep the players playing hockey. That means that one night you play against your opponents best goalie and the next night you don't. You also have to take into account that alot of the sophmore players are probably lifting weights or doing conditioning after school instead of practicing with the HS teams - so they CAN practice with the HS teams next year . . . then they have to play a game at 9PM at night - sometimes back to back. it's obvious you're not going to see the same effort night in and night out.

- again just my opinion.
Franny's Boy

The best teams . . .

Post by Franny's Boy »

The best teams i've seen so far are Edina, Wessy's Boys, WBL, Minnetonka and Centennial (although Minnetonka and Centennial can be distracted away from hockey) Jefferson, Eagan and EP are good but I would put WBL ahead of them.
minnesotahockey12

Post by minnesotahockey12 »

Andovers first year in Jr Gold is not going well. Players like Myles Severson and Cody Nelson really bring the team down, but one player, Ryan McComber, is TERRIBLE. This team is one HUGE dissapointment.
chewy10

Post by chewy10 »

minnesotahockey12 wrote:Andovers first year in Jr Gold is not going well. Players like Myles Severson and Cody Nelson really bring the team down, but one player, Ryan McComber, is TERRIBLE. This team is one HUGE dissapointment.
Im pretty sure your on that team, how do u know thier names
Franny's Boy

Post by Franny's Boy »

minnesotahockey12 is a typo chewy10 - it should be minnesoTYhockey12 shouldn't it?
chewy10

Post by chewy10 »

Franny's Boy wrote:minnesotahockey12 is a typo chewy10 - it should be minnesoTYhockey12 shouldn't it?
as in Ty Jindra
countrygentleman

For all you Andover haters, they beat Minnetonka in the Edina Tourny.
Iraqnam
JGACoach

Post by JGACoach »

To Tonka's defense the sat their top line against Andover. They started a fight at the end of the EP Vs. Tonka game, and the coaches made them sit.
p-pups10

Post by p-pups10 »

JGACoach wrote:To Tonka's defense the sat their top line against Andover. They started a fight at the end of the EP Vs. Tonka game, and the coaches made them sit.
They still lost to ANDOVER.