Section 3A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

Hutch 4, Prior Lake 0
Jacketfan06

Post by Jacketfan06 »

i believe either new ulm or hutchinson will take this section
SC.elite918

Post by SC.elite918 »

What time is the Hutch-Marshall game? And any perdictions out there?
Mr. Hockey

Post by Mr. Hockey »

SC.elite918 wrote:What time is the Hutch-Marshall game? And any perdictions out there?
Hutch will crush Marshall.
almostthere17

Post by almostthere17 »

i dont think they will crush them. it will be pretty close.
MNhockey101

Post by MNhockey101 »

Hutch will kill Marshall i will say 7 to 1 in favor of Hutch... Marshall has been playing bad for a while and after getting pounded by New Ulm i dont see them doing anything against Hutch
h20

Post by h20 »

can all of you faithfull settle down for a while,, one win over who, remember NU and Marshall still lost to Willmar, the hottest team right now maybe LDC, had some nice wins recently, it will come down to the team with the best defense and goaltending , and loosing 9-0 and 7-1 both wyas tells me that you cant count on any of these two teams
minnhockey33

Post by minnhockey33 »

MNhockey101 wrote:Hutch will kill Marshall i will say 7 to 1 in favor of Hutch... Marshall has been playing bad for a while and after getting pounded by New Ulm i dont see them doing anything against Hutch
Good prediction.....

Final Score
Hutch 5
Marshall 4
in OT

Marshall led 2-1 after 1, hutch led 4-3 after 2(defensive error with 5 seconds left allows hutch to score on the powerplay, the clock read 0.5 or something near this after the goal), marshall scored with 1:30 left in the third to tie at 4.

It was a very close game(1 goal differencial was the greatest lead for either team), very intense and very fun to watch...it's too bad the ref's decided the game in overtime.

Hutch didn't have a single penalty in the game, marshall had 2 or 3
MNhockey101

Post by MNhockey101 »

Well maybe i got the scores wrong but at least the better team took home the victory.
RoarzgEagles19

Post by RoarzgEagles19 »

So... New Ulm is the number 1 seed?
After making Marshall look like trash, I don't see the Eagles having too much trouble in sections. It's really easy to forget about that 7-1 Eagles loss when we put them away 9-0.
h20

Post by h20 »

hey roarz, did you forget about loosing to Willmar, ya id want to forget that too,
sick_dangles08

Post by sick_dangles08 »

Actually roarz, the 9-0 win over Marshall and the 7-1 win over New Ulm just shows that two teams can have bad days.
minnhockey33

Post by minnhockey33 »

RoarzgEagles19 wrote:So... New Ulm is the number 1 seed?
After making Marshall look like trash, I don't see the Eagles having too much trouble in sections. It's really easy to forget about that 7-1 Eagles loss when we put them away 9-0.
If you think NU is going to walk through sections i think you are mistaken...
They have not played Hutch or Litch since the beginning of the season, and they lost to willmar about a month ago if i'm not mistaken...congrats you beat marshall, you pounded marshall, but i agree with dangles that both these teams had a bad game against each other

They may have been the better team that night obviously no questions about it, the score shows, but i don't know if they are actually 9 goals better, especially seeing how close the marshall vs hutch game was because hutch is a very good team.

I think if everyone on NU has the mentality that they are going to walk through sections with no problems then they are going to be in for an eye opener.

the section tournament has potential to be a very good one, or if a team doesn't show up to play, then it could turn out to be games ending in run-time...i'm hoping for the first alternate, i'm excited to see it
bombsquad06

3a

Post by bombsquad06 »

I would be very suprised to see anyone get blow out in the final few rounds of this section. It's coming down to who is peaking and playing well in two weeks. Should be fun to watch. NU may get the #1 seed but 1-5 will have a shot a beating who ever they play. Very even teams.
Fanofhockey6

Post by Fanofhockey6 »

Lets face it whoever gets to state will not get very far and i am so bummed they had to do this. And by the way it is pretty easy for krogen to get that many points when he plays the great teams of sleepy eye redwood fairmont and worthington.
RoarzgEagles19

Post by RoarzgEagles19 »

Marshall needs to start playing like they did at the beginning of the season if they want to do well at all sections. Hutch, Willmar, and LDC are formidable but only Willmar has put up a win against NU. NU is coming together at the perfect time. I consider holding Shattuck to 4 goals a pretty good game. If the defense and goaltending plays how they have been playing, the Eagles offense only needs a couple goals to win. These section games may get a little dirty..
Thegoldenjet

Post by Thegoldenjet »

These section games may get a little dirty..
Like New Ulm is going to provoke and take part in a fight at the end of a game or...?
hock$life

Post by hock$life »

wasn't like the seeding meeting tonight... Has anyone heard who go what seeds.. ?????
Otis Day

Post by Otis Day »

Think the weather stopped the meeting tonight. But who would you say are the top teams right now?
flameofshame69

Post by flameofshame69 »

Does anyone on this thread honestly think that any team in this section can compete at state :?:
The Flame continues to burn
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Competing isn't the issue, getting there is and no matter who does it will be a boost for hockey in that town and that's a good thing. A long time ago the Minneapolis and St. Paul schools weren't competitive against the Northern schools but they got a shot and it helped build their programs, same with Bloomington - people give all the credit to Tom Saterdalen at Jefferson, but he benefitted from the tournament letting more metro schools in and Bloomington High made it in the mid '60's, Bloomington hockey took off after that, not before.

The team from 3A will likely go 0-2, but that's ok because in the long run the whole state will be benefitted by what's starting out in that area and that's a good thing.
GinosAreGood

Post by GinosAreGood »

goldy313 wrote:Competing isn't the issue, getting there is and no matter who does it will be a boost for hockey in that town and that's a good thing. A long time ago the Minneapolis and St. Paul schools weren't competitive against the Northern schools but they got a shot and it helped build their programs, same with Bloomington - people give all the credit to Tom Saterdalen at Jefferson, but he benefitted from the tournament letting more metro schools in and Bloomington High made it in the mid '60's, Bloomington hockey took off after that, not before.

The team from 3A will likely go 0-2, but that's ok because in the long run the whole state will be benefitted by what's starting out in that area and that's a good thing.
well said, Goldy
Flames' maturity level is what's hurting hockey, not 3A. His team is probably bad, or he rides the pine and likes to take out his frustration on the little people. Whatever makes him sleep better, i guess
ICEREF

Post by ICEREF »

ShameofFlame96:
Obviously from your previous posts you like nothing better than bashing Section 3A. Must be former or current player that could cut that mustard or should I say "light that flame". :oops:
In response to your question.....honestly...depends on the luck of the draw. Please remember that the top 4 are seeded and the rest are just picked at randem. So 3A does not automatically get the best team in the state. Can any of the teams in 3A compete? Maybe on that given day, maybe not but please remember one thing when bashing these teams. They can't help what the MSHSL did but only play under its format for the next 2 years. For one of these teams, 20 players are going to have the thrill of a lifetime that they will never forget. Regardless of the score, they were at the big dance, playing on the ice and will be able to talk about it the rest of their life.
If you don't like that fact, go bash somewhere else as even if the 3A team goes out in 2 games, so will another section.
Maybe you can start your own thread titled " What section besides 3A will go two and out at state" and maybe you can find some other bashers to talk to.
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!! :D
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

but only Willmar has put up a win against NU
Might want to go check your schedule to make sure there was no one else on there you lost to. But Marshall hit a spot for about a week not playing well with some illnesses and now they currently have everyone back healthy and the game against Hutch I think lit a fire in them on how it ended.

I believe the meeting did take place tonight but final seeds will come out Wednesday.
flameofshame69

Post by flameofshame69 »

ICEREF wrote:ShameofFlame96:
Obviously from your previous posts you like nothing better than bashing Section 3A. Must be former or current player that could cut that mustard or should I say "light that flame". :oops:
In response to your question.....honestly...depends on the luck of the draw. Please remember that the top 4 are seeded and the rest are just picked at randem. So 3A does not automatically get the best team in the state. Can any of the teams in 3A compete? Maybe on that given day, maybe not but please remember one thing when bashing these teams. They can't help what the MSHSL did but only play under its format for the next 2 years. For one of these teams, 20 players are going to have the thrill of a lifetime that they will never forget. Regardless of the score, they were at the big dance, playing on the ice and will be able to talk about it the rest of their life.
If you don't like that fact, go bash somewhere else as even if the 3A team goes out in 2 games, so will another section.
Maybe you can start your own thread titled " What section besides 3A will go two and out at state" and maybe you can find some other bashers to talk to.
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!! :D
Mr. ICEREF great name someone with your intelligence it must of took years of constant thought to come up with that one :lol: Honestly it depends on the draw, what are you thinking :?: The other seven teams at state will crush any 3A opponent easily :P Maybe the MSHSL will fix this problem and put some team like SCC or Alex in that are much better and more deserving than any 3A team. If you don't like that fact go bash some where else, well are you going make me go bash some where else :?: Since you said that I'm going to follow you where ever you go buddy :!: And maybe I'll find some other bashers, don't you mean everybody else outside 3A.
See ya later pal, oh and have a nice day :!:
The Flame continues to burn