Woodbury vs. Rosemount 3AA Final

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who's going to come out on top?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Woodbury
48%
Rosemount
52%

Total votes: 75

hockeylover

Post by hockeylover »

Teams have good games, bad games and downright ugly games during a long season. I don't think you can trash the entire lake because of that game slpstkhound. If Woodbury wants to move over to a section with Edina, Mtk, BSM, EP, AHA come on over, I'm sure someone will trade spots with you. Woodbury had a great game and good luck to them at state.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

As far as the conference that Eastview, Rosemount and Burnsville play in being the toughest, are there any of those teams going to the big show?
No, either is Jefferson or Eden Prairie, Minnetonka, Anoka. I still think the Lake is one of the toughest... In sections EP took BSM into 2 overtimes before loosing, EV had 4 3rd period goals scored on them, Burns came back against Jefferson to beat them, and BSM came back against Tonka to beat them... and Rosemount... well :roll: . Just becuase they dont make it to state doesnt mean they arent good, just the better team won that night.
hockeylover

Post by hockeylover »

I agree Stev16 on any given day any team can win or lose (ok maybe Kennedy couldn't have beat Edina) , lets face it along with skill it takes a lot of luck to make it to the tourney. Things really have to align for these teams in order to make it. That is what makes this tournament so fun.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

The outcome was not surprising but the margin sure was.

Woodbury dominated from the second period on with the exception of one or two Rosemount flurries.

Goaltending was not an issue. The Irish goalie made some great saves to keep his team close. Woodbury buried him with pressure. Something has to give.

I don't know if Rosemount had a bad game as much as Woodbury played great.

As far as the Lake vs the SEC, this doesnt prove much because Woodbury was 1st and Rosemount was 3rd.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

I don't know if Rosemount had a bad game as much as Woodbury played great.
Im not sure either, but one thing for sure is that Woodbury matched up way better against Rosemount, and I think woodbury just outplayed them. (duh 8-2)-not trying to be smart- Rose was a good team, but the match-ups werent there for them. I think looking back, they would of liked to play EV, but even then beating a team 3 times is hard so personally I thought whoever was going to win the EV/Wood game was going to state.
Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

minnhock10 wrote:JT Brown was quoted a couple of times earlier in the year saying "the game was too easy," when they were beating teams with lesser ability. My question for him is, "how easy is it now". What a disgrace to the game, win or lose, play with class. The people saying that things happen in the heat of the moment are idiots, that's when true character comes out. I wish JT Brown the best of luck in the future but he has a long way to go to be a good player.
Hmm..weird you're talking about class? I think you should take a look in the mirror my friend
slapstkhound

Post by slapstkhound »

Rbkhockey21 wrote:
minnhock10 wrote:JT Brown was quoted a couple of times earlier in the year saying "the game was too easy," when they were beating teams with lesser ability. My question for him is, "how easy is it now". What a disgrace to the game, win or lose, play with class. The people saying that things happen in the heat of the moment are idiots, that's when true character comes out. I wish JT Brown the best of luck in the future but he has a long way to go to be a good player.
Hmm..weird you're talking about class? I think you should take a look in the mirror my friend[/quote

ANY player who says "the game was too easy" is among the most classless on the ice. ANY player who takes numerous cheap shots when they're down is among the most classless on the ice. JT Brown is a great player, no doubt. However, he is too undiscplined as a player and a personality. Rosemount was a good team this year but they didn't take control of their destiny and will be one of those teams that are remebered as a good team that just didn't get it done.
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

the one to love wrote:
Good luck to the Royals in state. No offense, but I highly doubt they have a chance of winning their 1st round game.
You would have said the same of them beating Rosemount, no? Or beating them by 6 goals?
Irish11

Post by Irish11 »

Do you guys honestly have nothing better to do so you just trash talk Rosemount and JT? Get a life. You guys are ridiculous. Rosemount had their best year ever in hockey this year, and yet you guys act like they are a terrible team, OPEN YOUR EYES, all of you haters are just mad cause you couldn't hack it back in the day. I would say grow up, but the majority of you guys posting in here are already GROWN MEN, does it make you feel better trash talking an 18 year old kid? Are you really that low? Wow, some of you people never seem to amaze me. I wish I'm cool enough to pick on a kid half my age when I'm older just like you guys. :roll: :roll:
Go Ahead and Hate the Irish! They'll Prove You Wrong!!
HMWDBRY

Post by HMWDBRY »

spindrift wrote:
komada77 wrote:Who scored for Woodbury? I know:
Eddy-2
Nelson-2
Ogren
Pittman
Kopp
???
Who had the last one?
I think maybe Erickson or Dittel but not sure.

I hope we play Hill in the first round if we don't get the #4 seed :D

That would be sweet!!!!! :D
dangles016

Post by dangles016 »

komada77 wrote:Any doubters of Woodbury wish to speak up now? That was an absolutely dominant performance against a very good team. If White Bear wins, Woodbury should get the 4 seed. And take it easy on Brown. I'm a Woodbury fan but even I realize the frustration he was feeling at the end of the game. He and his team had an excellent year and his HS hockey career just cam to an unpleasant, abrupt end.
=D>
this is why i love woodbury fans and hope they can win state! they are good sports and have very good cheers LGFU!!
Irish11

Post by Irish11 »

yeah, that just screams "I'm a mature high schooler!"
hockey_playa7

Post by hockey_playa7 »

How about we drop the negativity, and coment on the game... Congrats to Woodbury for a stunning victory.... your finally making a name for your town, your school and your community... Maybe we will finally stop losing players to private schools..
Also congrats to the Irish, great season, its not everyday you make it to the section final..
Im looking forward to state very much, i think woodbury has a good chance at going somewhere this year... as long as they dont play roseau...

Any one smell a back to back coach of the year for Bolin!!?
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

hockey_playa7 wrote:Any one smell a back to back coach of the year for Bolin!!?
That's a very good possibility.
Irish11

Post by Irish11 »

Don't count on it.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Irish11 wrote:Don't count on it.
Why not??
hockey_playa7

Post by hockey_playa7 »

your a bitter little fellow huh?
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

hockey_playa7 wrote:your a bitter little fellow huh?
I think Irish11 is bitter about Rosemount's loss.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

Don't count on it.
I would count on it
WarriorMacDaddy39

Post by WarriorMacDaddy39 »

He's a great coach, and he won it last year, so how can you doubt it? That doesn't make sense. Congrats to the kids at woodbury, and Rosemount you had a great year. But I do still think some of you guys criticize the Irish a little too much.
Irish11

Post by Irish11 »

I'm only bitter because you guys have no respect for anyone or anything. You are very disrespectful on so many levels its unbelievable. I am beyond just mad, if you guys would actually start looking at what you're saying and thinking about other people other than yourselves, you would see why I am so upset, you guys criticize EVERY single mistake that Rosemount makes, yet never make a comment about the opposing team. You guys are THE most biased group of people AGAINST Rosemount I have ever seen. You guys are terrible.
hockey_playa7

Post by hockey_playa7 »

Hmmm..... from what i see, alot of people have made remarks about what a great year rosemount had... they are a good team... just ran into a hot hot woodbury team... i dunno what else you wnat us to say.. its hard for people to say anthing other than that after you lose the section final 8-2... sooo?? do you want us to say that rosemount should have won? that they deserved to win? It's not said, cause its not deserving..
good Season rosemount...
Great season woodbury... Keep it going at state!
SEChockeyfan08

Post by SEChockeyfan08 »

Lighten up Irish, you guys had a great year and did have a very special player in Brown. All people are really saying is that he doesn't have much class, which shouldn't take away from the accomplishments he has made. I do hope he wins Mr. Hockey.
Irish11

Post by Irish11 »

I'm not saying they should have ( i wish they did tho :) ) but you all should really give them some credit when credit is due, you all rip them apart and pick out EVERY single mistake they make and make the other team look like a team that doesn't make a mistake, I'm just asking to be more respectful, is it really that hard? Honestly? We're all old enough to understand how to respect others, don't we? Do we need to go back to kindergarten and learn how to respect others again?

And those who have respected Rosemount and most of all JT, Thanks, respect is the biggest thing I can ask for, and most don't. Thanks.
komada77

Post by komada77 »

Irish11 wrote:yeah, that just screams "I'm a mature high schooler!"
Are you being sarcastic or not it's hard to tell when you're reading it?
Everyone hates private schools (and Edina)!!