#3 Warroad v.s. Litchfiel/Dassel-Cokato

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win

Poll ended at Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:34 am

Warroad
84%
Litchfield/Dassel-Cokato
16%

Total votes: 102

Hockey Bob

Post by Hockey Bob »

Litchfield doesn't stand a chance. Warroad 9-0.
ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp »

wouldn't even be close

Warroad 8
LDC 2
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
Dragon_Pride

Post by Dragon_Pride »

SB24 wrote:
Dragon_Pride wrote:Cream Puff??

I know its hard to compare scores but Warroad did lose to Mound and LDC beat them twice....It will be a tough road to haul, but nothing is impossible....
It's nice to see you have pride...but, your argument really isn't too good. That was Warroad's third game of the season after a long bus ride, as stated earlier. Also, LDC lost to St Cloud Cathedral twice, 6-2 and 7-2. Warroad beat them 3-1. Expect a blowout here, i was probably a bit conservative in my guess earlier.
I know my argument isn't "too good". Like I said, it will be a tough road, but you can't go in there thinking you're going to get stomped. Hopefully Warroad makes their way to the cities a day early. That bus ride argument isn't "too good" either.
curdog504

Post by curdog504 »

There is nothing like making it to the state tournament. Just being able to make it there is a feet in itself.

I was a member of the last LDC team to make it to the big dance in 1996, and I would like nothing more than to see the BIG GREEN MACHIENE take it to the Worriers.

Is it realistic? Probably not. Could it happen? DEFFENETLY.

This one is all gonna come down to the LDC goalie. If Lucas Johnson comes ready to play like he has in so many games this year (30 saves in win against New Ulm in 3A finals, and a 63 save effort in 3-2 loss to a very good Sauk Rapids-Rice team) they will win. If not, it might get ugly.

Either way, the towns of Litchfield, Dassel, and Cokato will take a lot of pride in knowing that they are watching something special.

I will be at the game on Wednesday and I will be cheering loud for all of the Alum from the 1996 4th place Litchfield Dassel Cokato DRAGONS!!!

GO BIG BREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SB24

Post by SB24 »

Dragon_Pride wrote:
I know my argument isn't "too good". Like I said, it will be a tough road, but you can't go in there thinking you're going to get stomped. Hopefully Warroad makes their way to the cities a day early. That bus ride argument isn't "too good" either.
Have you ever spent 7 hours on a bus and gotten off to play a hockey game?
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

Warroad by 6 . . . or 7 . . . or 8. 8)
MNHockeyGuy08

Post by MNHockeyGuy08 »

I don't think that Mound game has any relevance. It was played at the beginning of the year.

That being said I'll take Warroad in a rout with a score of 7-1.
Dragon_Pride

Post by Dragon_Pride »

Like I said,its hard to compare scores. I was just throwing it out there. Obviously Warroad is good and LDC is the underdog,but there is a reason they play the games. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

SB24 wrote:
Dragon_Pride wrote:
Have you ever spent 7 hours on a bus and gotten off to play a hockey game?
The Warriors can't use that as an excuse, they are going down to the cities on Monday.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

Perhaps you should read the thread. That comment was made about the Mound game, the third game of the year for the warriors. :roll:
Pond Puck

Post by Pond Puck »

SB24 wrote:
Dragon_Pride wrote:Cream Puff??

I know its hard to compare scores but Warroad did lose to Mound and LDC beat them twice....It will be a tough road to haul, but nothing is impossible....
It's nice to see you have pride...but, your argument really isn't too good. That was Warroad's third game of the season after a long bus ride, as stated earlier. Also, LDC lost to St Cloud Cathedral twice, 6-2 and 7-2. Warroad beat them 3-1. Expect a blowout here, i was probably a bit conservative in my guess earlier.
Ya and that was pretty much against Cathedral's JV team.

Warroad 9
LDC - 2
STC18

Post by STC18 »

I expect Warroad to dominate, they davance with a cozy 7-0 win.
Ben Dover plays BOTH ways.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

Warroad- 5
LDC- 2

LDC will keep it close until the 3rd when Warroad breaks lose
Last edited by fivehole628 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

but he'll let in three goals? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahockeyman

Post by Ahockeyman »

I have seen both these teams play and Litchfield has absolutely no response to Warroad's top line with Ravndalen. Sorry Litchfield, even if Lucas Johnson has the game of his life you'll still lose by 3.
ozzie679

Post by ozzie679 »

Warroad should win this one easily. Litch lost to Sartell...that's not too good.
dangleallday16

Post by dangleallday16 »

LDC-goose egg

Warroad-a bunch
dangleallday16

Post by dangleallday16 »

fivehole628 wrote:Upset!!!

LDC-4
Warroad-3

2 o.t.'s!!!
Lucas Johnson will be a BRICK WALL

a brickwall sieve?
Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

(puts on Spock shirt and ears and peers into that whatever thing he always looks into on Star Trek)

"Ahh yes, Captain I have delved into the records of the Minnesota State hockey tournament for the year you requested and the results were staggering...

A team called War Road I believe defeated Litchfield by a rather large margin."

(Kirk) "Spock enough of the stats man, just tell.....me.....the score!"

(Spock) "Captain, it wasn't what you humans call pretty"

(Kirk) "SPOCK!!!!!!"

(Spock) "The score was . . . . . oh.....oh dear. Captain I believe we have a power failure. Main library computer is off line, I shall effect repairs. You should have your results in four Earth days."

(Kirk) "Dammit Spock! Why? All you had to do was tell me the score?!"

(Spock) "Oh,...oh yes that. The team called War Road, as I believe it is pronounced Captain, does win quite handily." :lol:

I had to add some humor to this one....it was just getting too lopsided. :D
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
Jacketfan06

Post by Jacketfan06 »

Warroad with a 5 to 3 win over Litchfield
*Carolina Hurricanes 2006 Stanley Cup Champions*
GVvikes

Post by GVvikes »

Warroad 10
Litchfield 1

The USHSHO site has Litchfield ranked 91 out of 154 teams, They had to play New Ulm that is ranked 97 to get to State. If we could only find a way to give Luverne or Sleepy Eye an easier route we should, but thats not possible!!
HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves »

11-0 Warroad....Litch has a losing record and a horrible schedule. This will be ugly, good thing its not on TV prime time...horrible ratings.
JB1708

Post by JB1708 »

yeah they should be real proud of the fact that the state high school league put them in the WORST section in the history of high school hockey!
Dragon_Pride

Post by Dragon_Pride »

Yah, I mean they should petition to change sections!! Better yet, maybe the MSHSL should put a team like Thief River in the secion so they can make it to state every year and make all you guys happy. Give them the credit they deserve for making it to state.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

Dragon_Pride wrote:Yah, I mean they should petition to change sections!! Better yet, maybe the MSHSL should put a team like Thief River in the secion so they can make it to state every year and make all you guys happy. Give them the credit they deserve for making it to state.
I think they are...you did say "deserve" :roll: