Not impressed

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Newguy07

Not impressed

Post by Newguy07 »

I'm not impressed with the states leading scorer Litchfield (he has done absolutley nothing,) nor am I impressed with Mankato State recruit Leiverman. This just goes to show how soft their schedule is!
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Thanks, we'll take that under advisement.
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

On the other hand, I am extremely impressed with this post! :roll:
5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center »

Thanks for sharing. :roll: Come back again next year when you have some more great insights! #-o
boblee

post 10132

Post by boblee »

Newguy07 wrote:I'm not impressed with the states leading scorer Litchfield (he has done absolutley nothing,) nor am I impressed with Mankato State recruit Leiverman. This just goes to show how soft their schedule is!
Litchfield didn't have a great game. He was pretty good, but not what I thought.

Leiverman, on the other hand was outstanding. He made a lot of things happen.

They are both very good hockey players and there is no question about that.
gruntcall

Re: Not impressed

Post by gruntcall »

Newguy07 wrote:I'm not impressed with the states leading scorer Litchfield (he has done absolutley nothing,) nor am I impressed with Mankato State recruit Leiverman. This just goes to show how soft their schedule is!
you must know a lot about hockey to make that statement. your my hero.
scarface

Re: post 10132

Post by scarface »

boblee wrote:
Litchfield didn't have a great game. He was pretty good, but not what I thought.

:agree: I agree with boblee, wasn't Litchfields greatest game but Cory Leiverman was all over the ice making plays and throwing the body around. You couldn't move the guy off his skates. He will be a factor for MSU (I think that's where he's going)
gruntcall

Re: post 10132

Post by gruntcall »

boblee wrote:

agreed, well put
Newguy07

Post by Newguy07 »

I was just getting a thread going, obviously I was not giving an indepth analysis. How can you say leiverman had a great game? How many scoring opportunities did he generate for his team, not many. And like I said before Litchfield was non existent! I expected more from these 2 players.

leiverman will be an average college player and Litchfield will be looking for a place to play next year, anyone know his plans?
Thegoldenjet

Post by Thegoldenjet »

What impressed me was the Mankato team, from what I've heard Duluth is supposed to be pretty good? A 2-1 come from behind win. Mankato could have been up 3-0 with a couple scoring chances. They also had a great chance to tie in the last flurry. Very very impressed with this team from southern MN. If you disagree, then I hope you weren't impressed with Duluth. Also very impressed with Bruggeman.
boblee

post 10136

Post by boblee »

Newguy07 wrote:I was just getting a thread going, obviously I was not giving an indepth analysis. How can you say leiverman had a great game? How many scoring opportunities did he generate for his team, not many. And like I said before Litchfield was non existent! I expected more from these 2 players.

leiverman will be an average college player and Litchfield will be looking for a place to play next year, anyone know his plans?
Leiverman absolutely did create scoring chances. Litchfield played better in the third period. It was Leiverman's play without the puck that was so impressive. He hit people hard and often. He forechecked hard and back checked hard. Also, Litchfield made a great defensive play on a 2-on-1 late in the third. It isn't all about scoring and getting scoring chances. When you are in a game like this it is the little things that are important. Leiverman did a great job with the little things and Litchfield was good at times.
Newguy07

Post by Newguy07 »

I agree Bob, they did do some of the small things well. The game is so much more than just offense. My point is that I expected these 2 to create more opportunities and stand out a bit more!
scarface

Post by scarface »

It was a great game to watch and the difference was a fluke bounce off a helmet on a clearing pass from the defense on a power play. Good pick up on the bounce by the Hilltopper but that bounce could have gone away from the forward as well.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

I certainly hope the remaining players in the tournament pick it up a little. I'd hate to see a single player not impress this "Newguy". :roll:
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

i was very impressed with litchfield!! finally hype that lives up to its billing..
Newguy07

Post by Newguy07 »

You must have been drinking watch dog :lol:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Newguy07 wrote:I was just getting a thread going, obviously I was not giving an indepth analysis. How can you say leiverman had a great game? How many scoring opportunities did he generate for his team, not many. And like I said before Litchfield was non existent! I expected more from these 2 players.

Next time you start a thread, how about giving it a more descriptive title than "Not impressed"?

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

Looking at newguy's previous posts, he seems to not be impressed by a lot of players....

This comment came from him back in December....

Phillipi is so overrated. He is an average goalie on a very good team. The kid has no shot to play D-1. People need to quit pretending he is a top goaltender

This being the same phillipi who was first team all-metro
Newguy07

Post by Newguy07 »

That is the only post you will see from me saying, "Not impressed by a certain player." I was stating what I have seen in both cases. There are so many great players out there and there will always be a few who are overrated. I will point out many postitives as I see them!
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

We all eagerly await your evaluations, Newguy. 8-[
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:We all eagerly await your evaluations, Newguy. 8-[
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
5th Line Center

watchdog wrote:i was very impressed with litchfield!! finally hype that lives up to its billing..
Dog, either you are being sarcastic, or you meant to say that you were impressed with Mankato.
boblee

post 10146

Post by boblee »

5th Line Center wrote:
watchdog wrote:i was very impressed with litchfield!! finally hype that lives up to its billing..
Dog, either you are being sarcastic, or you meant to say that you were impressed with Mankato.
Or he is talking about the player named Litchfield for Mankato West. 8)
5th Line Center

Re: post 10146

boblee wrote:
5th Line Center wrote:
Or he is talking about the player named Litchfield for Mankato West. 8)
#-o How confusing! Why did they have to name their family the same as the town?! :lol:
Jacketfan06

Post by Jacketfan06 »

i thought the game would have been more lopp sided. i was impressed with the whole west team. i thought DM would take it to them a little more. but for those two players i thought they played fairly well
*Carolina Hurricanes 2006 Stanley Cup Champions*