Dying your hair

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Dying blonde cool?

Yes
22%
No
78%

Total votes: 67

david1

Post by david1 »

I completely agree with P-coat
________
Marijuana vaporizer
Last edited by david1 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

Watch Cloquet tomorrow @11am. this is how HS teams should represent their communities, Tight haircuts and no retarded jabber as they skate into the camera. Unless Esse has let the boys go over the years, its been awhile.
Do they all have buzzed hair cuts?
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

It's a thread every year. Wasn't there a kid from Blaine two years ago that had a big puffy blond afro? The whole arena let out a collective gasp when he pulled up to the camera. I kinda miss the Elk River kids with their mohawks. I'd like to see a team show some guts and dye their hair their team colors when the colors are not black and/or yellow.

What teams really have to worry about is what Sparlimb has dubbed the "Samson Effect", where they shear off all or most of their hair. Roseville lost a state championship game after doing this several years ago and Minnetonka looked like they were done in by it when they lost in this year's section final.

So dye the hair but don't cut the hair, avoid the "Samson Effect"!! Sounds like it's too late for Cloquet unfortunately.
It's hard to win when you always lose.
hockeyfan95

Post by hockeyfan95 »

i think the blonde looks stupid. it's ok for Warroad because they had black and blonde and they're their school colors. Honestly, I don't really like Marshall's whole long hair thing either. I like the cleancut teams
SEMinnHockeyNut

Post by SEMinnHockeyNut »

How about coaches letting guys grow playoff beards? Then you can easily determine the men from the boys right?
MAYO SPARTANS!
Walter Sojack

Post by Walter Sojack »

It only worked for Warroad and Anoka. And again they all looked a bit foolish (maybe funny is a better word). Except, again, if your last name is Oshie or Marvin.
I'm finishing my coffee
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

SEMinnHockeyNut wrote:How about coaches letting guys grow playoff beards? Then you can easily determine the men from the boys right?
Burnsville in the mid 80's.
Mr. McTabish

Post by Mr. McTabish »

cjp8816 wrote:Watch Cloquet tomorrow @11am. this is how HS teams should represent their communities, Tight haircuts and no retarded jabber as they skate into the camera. Unless Esse has let the boys go over the years, its been awhile.
Who do they think they are, the Yankees? That's no fun. Especially at a high school level.
cjp8816

Post by cjp8816 »

Mr. McTabish wrote:
cjp8816 wrote:Watch Cloquet tomorrow @11am. this is how HS teams should represent their communities, Tight haircuts and no retarded jabber as they skate into the camera. Unless Esse has let the boys go over the years, its been awhile.
Who do they think they are, the Yankees? That's no fun. Especially at a high school level.
Yankee's = STA

Cloquet = A Program built on work ethic and discipline. Not who can look like the biggest @ss when the whole state is watching. If u like how Warroad looks every year at state thats fine. I prefer Roseau's Overall look/attitude when representing Hockey Country.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

HM will be sporting the all black (except metcalf) not sure why he isnt though
ColdasIce

Post by ColdasIce »

cloquet looks very neat as did Duluth East, who had all shaved their heads in nice buzz cuts as Randolph too likes neat and tidy...go 7AA
formerallstar

Post by formerallstar »

I like the playoff beard

Too bad only about two or three kids can grow them on the team. I can proudly say I was the only one who could grow a full thick one this year :lol: :lol:
'07 STATE CONTEST WINNER
'07 COLLEGE TOURNEY WINNER
badgerman18

Post by badgerman18 »

century buzzed their hair last year, somewhat worked
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

badgerman18 wrote:century buzzed their hair last year, somewhat worked
Thats what I am talking about do something very different buzz it, then biC it!
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
david1

Post by david1 »

now a mustache.. I could get on board with that...
________
Daihatsu Naked
Last edited by david1 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
i play hockey

Post by i play hockey »

dying/cutting or not cutting your hair as a team is kind of a tradition it seems. I only have a problem with it when they do it before they get to state...it almost always seems to backfire. My favorite, however is when the one kid on the team doesn't dye his hair because he thinks he will look stupid...and ends up looking stupid because he hasn't. I remember Orono rocking the mullets one year--hilarious. I also like Warroad's look with the black and gold, it makes them look like a team. even though they look a little ridiculous , the fact that they do it every year they go to state is pretty cool
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

Benilde dyed their hair black. I was watching the Section finals and I wondered why the hell there were no blonde kids playing for Benilde. They all dyed it black.
The Huge Hook

Post by The Huge Hook »

formerallstar wrote:I like the playoff beard

Too bad only about two or three kids can grow them on the team. I can proudly say I was the only one who could grow a full thick one this year :lol: :lol:
Perfect solution........Playoff "Neck Beard". Many more can grow these!
NorthernMinn

Post by NorthernMinn »

cjp8816 wrote:
Mr. McTabish wrote:
Yankee's = STA

Cloquet = A Program built on work ethic and discipline. Not who can look like the biggest @ss when the whole state is watching. If u like how Warroad looks every year at state thats fine. I prefer Roseau's Overall look/attitude when representing Hockey Country.

I also really like their composure during the National Anthem. Not a single one of them moves an inch. Very classy.
rangehockey14

Post by rangehockey14 »

Finally a good first post
Irish11

Re: Dyed teams have all lost this year

Post by Irish11 »

bnaydol wrote:Holy Angels

Mahtomedi

Mankato West

All lost.
Add Burnsville to that list...

EDIT: Didn't read someone else already posted this :lol:
Go Ahead and Hate the Irish! They'll Prove You Wrong!!
NorthernMinn

Post by NorthernMinn »

That's Right!!! :lol:
stars612

Post by stars612 »

Speaking of retarded jabber, did anyone else see the backup goalie from Blake last night? WHAT A TOOL. Good thing you made a fool of yourself in front of the entire state... and lost... and didn't see the ice at all.
Third times a charm.
THEDOMINATOR39

Post by THEDOMINATOR39 »

was it the spuds who did the orange mullts a few years ago?
i play hockey

Post by i play hockey »

stars612 wrote:
Speaking of retarded jabber, did anyone else see the backup goalie from Blake last night? WHAT A TOOL. Good thing you made a fool of yourself in front of the entire state... and lost... and didn't see the ice at all.
I saw that and had basically the same reaction. We could start a whole other thread about kids who act up to the cameras, because that kid wasn't the only one. Hi mom is acceptable. Hi <insert girlfriend here> is not what they should be thinking about before the game. Anything along the lines of what the blake kid said is a flat out NO. On that subject, one of the Blaine cheerleaders meowed at the camera...WHAT!? Another first from that game--the Blaine coach held up a sign for what I am guessing was his wife and kids. I didn't know what to think about that