hats off to Hill?????

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

parrish4president

hats off to Hill?????

Post by parrish4president »

I gotta say, I have doubted/hated Hill all season, but tonight they proved themselves. I saw excellent team play, and on ice confidence backed by consistency. Phillippi played an amazing game, and proved me wrong that perhaps there is more to him than I saw earlier in the season.

If someone were to tell me earlier today, or any time this season this would have happend I would have laughed, but Hill was the better team on the ice tonight. Congrats and good luck against Edina

on the flip.......GO HORNETS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

Gograts on a great upset and a great season regardless of what happens tommorrow. Go PIONEERS :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

I think i'll leave my hat on thanks...
K Dope

Post by K Dope »

CityHockey11 wrote:I think i'll leave my hat on thanks...
Didn't you go to bed?
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Yes nice win for Hill.
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

great starting post well said. enjoy the final.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Rosea is just not used to being down 3 goals, they were getting frustrated and undiscapline. But yes, hats off to hill because they played a heck of a game, I hadnt heard of that Kohls kid but he had a heck of a game after that dumb penalty to end the 1st.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:Rosea is just not used to being down 3 goals, they were getting frustrated and undiscapline. But yes, hats off to hill because they played a heck of a game, I hadnt heard of that Kohls kid but he had a heck of a game after that dumb penalty to end the 1st.
I agree. To beat Roseau you need to get ahead early.Nobody had been able to do that to them for the last 42 games.
Congrats to Hill.
LoveLee

Post by LoveLee »

I'll I have to say is gross..
minnesotahockey23

Post by minnesotahockey23 »

first off, i was definitely rooting for roseau since it's pretty sweet they had a 42 game winning streak. But, the better team last night was Hill Murray and I think they played really well and I applaud them for such a great win. Good luck to them vs. Edina!
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

I gave Hill NO chance of winning and was wrong. They played a great game and their game plan was solid. When you don't have the same talent, thugging works. I don't think they'll be able to beat up on Edina physically like they did against Roseau so hopefully we'll see a puck movement, skill based game tonight. I'd hate to have to watch a boring dump and chase trap game for the State Championship.

Good luck to both teams.
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Great game plan, great execution, great win for Hill last night.

Don't let Friday, March 7 be the highlight of the season, keep the eyes on the prize.
Charliedog

Post by Charliedog »

Ben Nelson on the Roseau team played youth hockey in Roseville. I don't know why they transferred up there or if there is a family connection.
Hillhockey000

Post by Hillhockey000 »

I think the fact that no one gave Hill a chance was Hill's greatest advantage. They had no pressure on them.

Hill was expected to blow out their opponents in the last two tourneys and in the first game against Lakeville. As a result they barely squeaked by in two of those games and were upset in overtime in the other two. Hill plays a lot better when they are the underdog.
save1

Hill Murray pep talk

Post by save1 »

All Lechner needs to tell his players is, "You lose this game and you will take it to your F---ing grave!"
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Congrats to H-M on a solid game throughout all 3 periods. Besides dominating physically and with solid defense, I think H-M showed how deep their team really was last night. Lechner rolled all 3 lines throughout the game which included 3rd liners Lou Metcalf and Dave Cascalenda (who scored the eventual game winner) playing a great deal of penalty kill and doing a superb job. In addition to this point, H-M has 9 different players with at least 10 or more goals...pretty impressive!

Good luck against the Hornets tonight!!!!
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

Unfortunately i didnt see any of the goals...

someone wanna fill me in, someone that was biased to both teams.
HastingsDangler02

yea

Post by HastingsDangler02 »

Kind of makes the championship funner that Hill Murray won. Now we get the good ol' classic of Public vs. Private. Definately should get the student sections more in to it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Win today and we walk together forever."
hockonyou

Post by hockonyou »

rather have seen a northern team play a metro team but looks like we'll have to settle for a metro battle.
nice work H-M. great "upset" :o
JR.

Re: yea

Post by JR. »

HastingsDangler02 wrote:Kind of makes the championship funner that Hill Murray won. Now we get the good ol' classic of Public vs. Private. Definately should get the student sections more in to it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Cheering for Rich vs. Private

Solution: Root for neither
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

JR. wrote:
HastingsDangler02 wrote:Kind of makes the championship funner that Hill Murray won. Now we get the good ol' classic of Public vs. Private. Definately should get the student sections more in to it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Cheering for Rich vs. Private

Solution: Root for neither
Amen brother...
If we didn't have conflict we'd all be pretty bored
koho snipe

Post by koho snipe »

for sure. hill murray sht down ness and took the game. great effort.However the refs let the game get a little outta control, and did not call more than one or two penalties against roseau
MNHockeyfan07

Post by MNHockeyfan07 »

Charliedog wrote:Ben Nelson on the Roseau team played youth hockey in Roseville. I don't know why they transferred up there or if there is a family connection.
Oh Brother, let it go already. Ben Nelson's father, Allen, was born, grew up, and played HS hockey in Roseau. So did Ben's uncle, Jim Nelson, who went on to be a great goalie for the Sioux, and then the head HS hockey coach at Grand Rapids for many years. There is nothing out there to support these preposterous recruiting conspiracy theories regarding Roseau.

I think it's time to give it up.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Funner isn't a word my friend.

Oliver played the first line and Ness way too much all night long. They didn't have enough energy to mount a comeback in the third.
The U invented swagger.
parrish4president

Post by parrish4president »

Hillfan wrote:Congrats to H-M on a solid game throughout all 3 periods. Besides dominating physically and with solid defense, I think H-M showed how deep their team really was last night. Lechner rolled all 3 lines throughout the game which included 3rd liners Lou Metcalf and Dave Cascalenda (who scored the eventual game winner) playing a great deal of penalty kill and doing a superb job. In addition to this point, H-M has 9 different players with at least 10 or more goals...pretty impressive!

Good luck against the Hornets tonight!!!!
dont bite your words to quickly...Depth is the problem that is gonna show when Hill plays Edina. As for the domination of physical play, that will not be the solution you need to beat Edina because its just not going to happen (Leer and Co. will define and elaborate physical play). I liked how Hill's D played last night, Lechner did an excellent job keeping the boys' heads calm and he needs to make sure they realize they are going up against a pounding of line after line of exceptional forwards from Edina.

D is key for Hill tonight