FINAL top 5 rankings...

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNhockey99

FINAL top 5 rankings...

Post by MNhockey99 »

IMO:

1. Hill
2. Benilde
3. Tonka
4. Edina
5. Roseau

Let me know what you think...
WendyClark

Re: FINAL top 5 rankings...

Post by WendyClark »

MNhockey99 wrote:IMO:

1. Hill
2. Benilde
3. Tonka
4. Edina
5. Roseau

Let me know what you think...
:roll: :roll:
Cabela10

Post by Cabela10 »

My Top 6:

1. Edina
2. Minnetonka
3. Benilde
4. Hill Murray
5. St. Thomas Academy
6. Roseau
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Cabela10 wrote:My Top 6:

1. Edina
2. Minnetonka
3. Benilde
4. Hill Murray
5. St. Thomas Academy
6. Roseau
I would agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MNhockey99

Post by MNhockey99 »

I think tonights game showed that BSM > EDINA...
Cabela10

Post by Cabela10 »

MNhockey99 wrote:I think tonights game showed that BSM > EDINA...
Who won the game? Then this also means Roseau is better than Hill Murray. You have no theory to your madness about putting BSM over Edina when Edina beat them head to head at the end of the season.
K Dope

Post by K Dope »

mulefarm wrote:

1. Edina
2. Minnetonka
3. Benilde
4. Hill Murray
5. St. Thomas Academy
6. Roseau
No JV teams please. STA #1 in the lower class.
Cabela10

Post by Cabela10 »

K Dope wrote:
mulefarm wrote:

1. Edina
2. Minnetonka
3. Benilde
4. Hill Murray
5. St. Thomas Academy
6. Roseau
Says you, but I don't listen to you. I hate STA, but they would beat Roseau. STA is a deserving #5 overall rank.
K Dope

Post by K Dope »

Cabela10 wrote:I hate STA, but they would beat Roseau. STA is a deserving #5 overall rank.
Do you have a crystal ball?
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

Cabela10 wrote:
K Dope wrote:
mulefarm wrote: I would agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Says you, but I don't listen to you. I hate STA, but they would beat Roseau. STA is a deserving #5 overall rank.
How would you feel if Roseau would have won tonight?
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

Nobody is going to agree on rankings because the top 5 that most people have beat each other.

Benilde beat Edina, Edina beat Benilde
Edina beat Tonka, Tonka beat Edina
Benilde beat Tonka, Tonka beat Benilde
Tonka beat Hill
Hill beat Roseau
Roseau beat

and so on. So which of those five teams are the best? They are all even enough that were probably never going to figure out and thats what makes Minnesota high school hockey so great is that we dont just produce one great team but 5+ great teams.
K Dope

Post by K Dope »

Lakeville South?
cjp8816

Post by cjp8816 »

Lucia4President wrote:
Cabela10 wrote:
K Dope wrote: No JV teams please. STA #1 in the lower class.
How would you feel if Roseau would have won tonight?
Wow this is truly retarded. STA might not beat DM. and Roseau is still the best team in the state in the minds of ALOT of MN HS Hockey Fans. Roseau Played like S*** and lost to a team that played pretty much perfect. Grats to Hill on the win.

And if STA is too coward to Jump up then lets leave them where they asked to be. >>> JV.... STA would beat Roseau?
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

All that matters is the winner of Hill-Edina is state champs.
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

Still can't figure out why everyone keeps ranking Benilde over Hill when Hill has beaten them each of the past 2 seasons though.
hockeywatcher4

Post by hockeywatcher4 »

Trashman wrote:Still can't figure out why everyone keeps ranking Benilde over Hill when Hill has beaten them each of the past 2 seasons though.

As a die hard fan of edina I still think the best team in state lost on friday!(roseau)!~ and I am damn glad they did. Cant wait for tomorow I will be there waiting in line at 3ish!
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

hockeywatcher4 wrote:
Trashman wrote:Still can't figure out why everyone keeps ranking Benilde over Hill when Hill has beaten them each of the past 2 seasons though.

As a die hard fan of edina I still think the best team in state lost on friday!(roseau)!~ and I am damn glad they did. Cant wait for tomorow I will be there waiting in line at 3ish!
When you say waiting in line at 3ish, does that mean you do n ot have tickets yet? As a die hard Edina fan you should have had your tickets......

STA cannot be considered in the top 5 above. They play in the little kids division, no offense to the other seven teams. Step up and be the men that are, get your administration to opt up and play with the big boys. Benilde did, AHA did. We all know you are good, the time has come.

Roseau was off last night, on Thursday they were making good passes and keeping one step ahead of Blaine. Last night Hill crushed them whenever they had the chance and took Ness out of the game.

I like the final tonight, Hill played great and as much as it hurts Edina is a dominant team.
rbk2090

final top 5 rankings

Post by rbk2090 »

1) Edina
2) Hill Murray
3) Roseau
4) BSM
5) Woodbury

What everyone fails to mention is that the teams that get to state are the best in the state. You have to win when it counts. All these other games are just meaningless. End of discussion
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

Cabela10 wrote:
Who won the game? Then this also means Roseau is better than Hill Murray. You have no theory to your madness about putting BSM over Edina when Edina beat them head to head at the end of the season.

are you on drugs. If not for that Great Lee in nets That hill game should have been 8-2 and more if Hill actually did not have to kill off 8-1 man advantages. that was a domination. Were you watching the scoring chances, breakaways, faster skating, hitting, 2 on 1's??

roseau nice run, a couple fantastic players but good lord they were not withing 4 goals of hill if they played 10 times this time of year hill wins 8
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

1. Edina or hill (find out tonight)

2. see above

3. BSM

4. burnville/Tonka tie

5. see above
halla

Post by halla »

eagle4life9 wrote:Nobody is going to agree on rankings because the top 5 that most people have beat each other.

Benilde beat Edina, Edina beat Benilde
Edina beat Tonka, Tonka beat Edina
Benilde beat Tonka, Tonka beat Benilde
Tonka beat Hill
Hill beat Roseau
Roseau beat

and so on. So which of those five teams are the best? They are all even enough that were probably never going to figure out and thats what makes Minnesota high school hockey so great is that we dont just produce one great team but 5+ great teams.
agree with this
halla

Post by halla »

Trashman wrote:All that matters is the winner of Hill-Edina is state champs.
and agree with this
pondyplayer93

Post by pondyplayer93 »

Cabela10 wrote:
anyone who watched this game and knows anything about hockey knows the benilde was by far the better team on the ice tonight they just didnt get the bounces and that happens some times. With that said he are my final

1. Hill-Murray
2. Benilde
3. Edina
4. Minnetonka
5. Roseau
Hill-Murray
St. Thomas
2008 Champs
pondyplayer93

Post by pondyplayer93 »

Cabela10 wrote:
no it doesnt caue benilde out played edina in an ot loss
roseau was outplayed in a 4-1 loss, they were not the better team on the ice last night
Hill-Murray
St. Thomas
2008 Champs
spartanfire13

Post by spartanfire13 »

pondyplayer93 wrote: roseau was outplayed in a 4-1 loss, they were not the better team on the ice last night
someone turned the game off 3 goals too early