Congratulations Hill-Murray

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

oldbarn7

Post by oldbarn7 »

Congrats to the Pioneers they really showed what hard work can do for a team.

Congrats to Philipi and Furne for OUTSTANDING tournaments and an even bigger congratulations to Hill's 3rd line lead by Metcalf. They were thrown out as much as possible against Ness and the semis and were matched with probably the most gifted line in the state in Edina's first line and kept them on lock down allllll game.
HockeyHigh

Post by HockeyHigh »

Great job Hill-Murray, you guys really showed why teams get up for practice every day whether or not they're expected to come out on top. Anything can happen in a state tournament, and you guys outplayed the best.
Congrats Pioneers!
Mikeofthenorth

Post by Mikeofthenorth »

who_b_dat,

I called a spade a spade. I don't know where you're from, but you may be closer to Canada then I.
I pasted it twice because it merits plenty of exposure, but enough is enough.
One player, a team he does not make.
It is a great credit to HM to have won this tournament!
I have expressed that repeatedly.
Isaac Kohls did not win the game for HM. He mearly cast a bit of a dirty shadow on an otherwise successful team accomplishment. Anyone who wants to defend his action would further dirty the water.
I find it very interesting that you were quite ready to appreciate a congratulatory post but cannot accept accurate criticism.
Perhaps I'm too harsh. After all, quite possibly, Kohls has made a formal appology. Heck, everyone makes mistakes.
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Great goaltending wins championships!!!
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

Mikeofthenorth

Post your bashings on the other threads but please leave it off the Congratulations thread, there's really no place for it here.
Mikeofthenorth

Post by Mikeofthenorth »

Trashman,

When you speak facts, its not called bashing. How is congratulating HM bashing?

Oh, Ok, I get it....."If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"

You guys crack me up! lol
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

I didn't say "Don't say it", I just asked nicely not to say it on the congratulations thread. This thread is about saying

GREAT JOB HILL-MURRAY. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hockey59

Congrats to HM

Post by hockey59 »

Hill proving that 9 Elite League skaters (5 on NE, 3 on WI & 1 on NW) + a (red hot) Elite League (NE) goalie + 3rd line players like Metcalf & Cascalanda scoring goals + great execution of their coaches game plan = a State Championship.

Congratulations to the Pioneers!
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Congratulations to Hill-Murray, they were the best TEAM at State this year.
Played very physical, and basically kicked the snot out of Roseau and Edina.

Also congrats to Roseau on a great year, they have a lot to be proud of. =D>
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

A very deserving champion.

Played the game the way its supposed to be played.

HM beat the best teams.

No upsets to"clear the path" for them.

Way to go.
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

great job to hill. two perfectly played hockey games wins championships.
HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves »

i am glad i did not bet on the tourney! i never saw it coming...Hill played awesome, and I thought thier goalie stood on his head and was definately had the best tourny...that guy hardly gave up a rebound...he either steered it to the corner or cover it up..great job.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

packerboy wrote:A very deserving champion.

HM beat the best teams.

Way to go.
Not sure how many of you remember the Tournament in 1988 where Edina beat Hill-Murray for the title, but this one had a lot of similarities. Edina won with a hot goaltender and a suffocating defense that wasn't that hyped entering the tournament. Edina also did the same is 1997. It takes a good team and a great effort by a goalie and you can win a lot of 3 game tournaments.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Hey Sparlimb, I think you lost some "Pioneer Cred" by going out of town this time of year. It is unnacceptable to desert your club at the time of need. Trips, wheather personal or pleasure related, need to be scheduled around play-offs & the Tourney. You missed a nice run by the boys. Because of your decision, you have been placed on one year secret probation and are not allowed to watch the team play...until next year. I hope you had/have a safe trip home.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Hey Sparlimb, I think you lost some "Pioneer Cred" by going out of town this time of year. It is unnacceptable to desert your club at the time of need. Trips, wheather personal or pleasure related, need to be scheduled around play-offs & the Tourney. You missed a nice run by the boys. Because of your decision, you have been placed on one year secret probation and are not allowed to watch the team play...until next year. I hope you had/have a safe trip home.
My son was there for both the first two games of state and I made it home in time for the finals on Saturday. I was more happy for my son as this was his first time as a Hill fan to celebrate a state title. I had seen the first two personally, so this was more icing on the cake. I actually wondered if the results of this year would lead me to plan another trip next year. Can't argue with the results.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Sparlimb wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:Hey Sparlimb, I think you lost some "Pioneer Cred" by going out of town this time of year. It is unnacceptable to desert your club at the time of need. Trips, wheather personal or pleasure related, need to be scheduled around play-offs & the Tourney. You missed a nice run by the boys. Because of your decision, you have been placed on one year secret probation and are not allowed to watch the team play...until next year. I hope you had/have a safe trip home.
My son was there for both the first two games of state and I made it home in time for the finals on Saturday. I was more happy for my son as this was his first time as a Hill fan to celebrate a state title. I had seen the first two personally, so this was more icing on the cake. I actually wondered if the results of this year would lead me to plan another trip next year. Can't argue with the results.
Proxies are allowed.
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Loved your fans chanting,

Sponge cake please!
:lol:

You guys out hustled and made the green things on the ice look like snails.
IrishStiff

Post by IrishStiff »

They were the deepest team in the tourney and their goalie played his best at the right time of the year.

Very deserving champs! Well coached!
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

Nice Job, Congrats!!! At least we don't hear to much about Edina, so that is nice!!
pistol

Post by pistol »

PPG and Sparlimb argue about which had more Pioneer faith while Pistol remembers them both recently knocking Hill's defense.

Read page 2 reason #7 in the "Hill's Year" thread to find an ACTUAL PROUD PIONEER who knew (even before Lou Nanne) just how great was the Pioneer's defense.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

pistol wrote:PPG and Sparlimb argue about which had more Pioneer faith while Pistol remembers them both recently knocking Hill's defense.

Read page 2 reason #7 in the "Hill's Year" thread to find an ACTUAL PROUD PIONEER who knew (even before Lou Nanne) just how great was the Pioneer's defense.
Sparlimb & I prefer not to take credit for Hill's drastic improvement on defense which played a major role in winning a state title. However, since our posts, they did improve. Motivation is a wonderful thing....mission accomplished! :wink:
pistol

Post by pistol »

Now YOU are starting to sound like Ankles Pierre, Jr.!

Check out the "If I were a Pioneer Forward" thread for the real motivation.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

Sparlimb wrote:
packerboy wrote:A very deserving champion.

HM beat the best teams.

Way to go.
Not sure how many of you remember the Tournament in 1988 where Edina beat Hill-Murray for the title, but this one had a lot of similarities. Edina won with a hot goaltender and a suffocating defense that wasn't that hyped entering the tournament. Edina also did the same is 1997. It takes a good team and a great effort by a goalie and you can win a lot of 3 game tournaments.
Edina also skated more than 1.5 lines in those tournaments.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

congrats