best and worst arena

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Grizz12

Post by Grizz12 »

forest lakes rink blows
wingman15

Post by wingman15 »

Chuck, I'll bet you are thinking of the Lily Lake arena in Stillwater, it is a pit must be 40 years old. The new St Croix Valley arena is really nice.
chuck-a-puck

Post by chuck-a-puck »

yeah thats the one. its a terrible rink
blainebengalhockey10

Post by blainebengalhockey10 »

white bear lake (county arena)
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

best rinks: PIC A, Braemar West, Champlin Forum

worst: By far the worst ice arena is Drake
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

The Ex was fun to play at, as well as the Coliseum, but those probally don't count.
I really like playing at IGH, and the new St. Thomas rink. Also Wakota since the new lights and glass(hometown rink)

But who as ever played at St. Mary's Point? Talk about a bad rink. [/code]
hockeyfan510

Post by hockeyfan510 »

Braemar West, Schwans 1-4, Minnetonka Pagel, Chaska
sdc21

Re: carlton shanty

Post by sdc21 »

sweethands wrote:carlton is the worst place to go I played for Duluth last year and used that hole for practice and games what a DUMP.............

Carlton is so bad when we played there someones stick got caught in the door to go on and off the ice and the door fell off. The refs had to put it on backwards just to finish the game. Funniest thing ever
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

Lakevilles new rink is pretty nice, but its lacking school spirit since two associations use it, north+south, they wont let south put anything on the ice, even though north plays at the old one for highscool
buffjrgold13

Post by buffjrgold13 »

we talking best and worst rinks in all of mn? or just within jr. gold teams' rink's? cuz the rink up at theif river falls was probably the best rink i've seen.
MNHockeyStats

Post by MNHockeyStats »

BEST: Mariucci

WORST: Ken Yackel
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

spa sucks and so does northfield. i used to play for holy angels and when we played there theyd have the high school banners up and ours said the "co-stars" back in like the seventies when the school first turne coed. talk about old...

i enjoy eagan cause of the nice big warm locker rooms. and parade north is also very nice. along with the obvious xcel and marriuci
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

Lets put some things into perspective here boys.. best rink iv ever been to in the minnesota surrounding area is Ralph Engalstad in Grand Forks, other than that all the old st paul rinks or any rink with small locker rooms suck to me.
JR.

Post by JR. »

WBhockey08 wrote:spa sucks and so does northfield. i used to play for holy angels and when we played there theyd have the high school banners up and ours said the "co-stars" back in like the seventies when the school first turne coed. talk about old...

i enjoy eagan cause of the nice big warm locker rooms. and parade north is also very nice. along with the obvious xcel and marriuci
Eagan's ice is garbage. And their locker rooms felt like sauna's. I think a lot of other people would agree with me on this.
buffjrgold13

Post by buffjrgold13 »

FBK19 wrote:Lets put some things into perspective here boys.. best rink iv ever been to in the minnesota surrounding area is Ralph Engalstad in Grand Forks, other than that all the old st paul rinks or any rink with small locker rooms suck to me.
Ralph Engalstad is nice. The rink i mentioned up in theif river falls is made by ralph engalstad also. so it's exactly the same in every way. just a bit smaller.
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

So i hear, thats one luckey high school team...
Hockeyfan69

Post by Hockeyfan69 »

tru that i rather have PLEASE BAN ME rink with a shower than a very nice rink with no shower
wayzatahockey30

Post by wayzatahockey30 »

Being a wayzata JGB you play at PIC over have of the season. So every away rink is terrible considering where we come from.
p-pups10

Post by p-pups10 »

wayzatahockey30 wrote:Being a wayzata JGB you play at PIC over have of the season. So every away rink is terrible considering where we come from.
cake eater
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Best= Chisholm and Grand Rapids

Worst= Hibbing (fairgrounds) and Bagley
minnhock007

Post by minnhock007 »

Big 1 and the oldest rink at Braemar are my favorite high school arenas in the metro area. They both have a lot of character and history. Outside the metro my favorite rink that I've been to would probably be the one in Warroad.

All those rinks in St. Paul that seem to be nearly identical are the worst that I've played in. Also that one in White Bear that is just like those identical St. Paul rinks.