08-09 Pioneers

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeywatcher4

Post by hockeywatcher4 »

hill will be nothing without phillipi
HMHockey

Post by HMHockey »

hockeywatcher4 wrote:hill will be nothing without phillipi
pistol do you have anything to say to this... whats going to happen
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

For all the people who absolutely devastated Phillippi during the year and now they point to him as the sole reason this squad won anything. That's cool, keep doubting us...
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

Ok, don't get me wrong, i'm usually one to bash Hill. However, weren't quite a few people ripping phillipi just a few weeks ago??? Now, they'll be nothing without him???
If we didn't have conflict we'd all be pretty bored
dirtyniper

Post by dirtyniper »

yess i dont understand everyone rips on joey and the defensive core for hill-murray and doubted them to even get through the tourney but they stepped up when it really counted..noticing that they beat two mr hockey finalists in two nights
Basil Chaps

Post by Basil Chaps »

Hill has some big holes to replace. The biggest one being in goal. I have a feeling it might even be a 3 goalie rotation at first, at least until somebody shines.
Daddy'$ Money
HM 2008: STATE CHAMPIONS
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Both Phillipi and Cashetta take alot more heat than they should. IMHO
They have played well most games I have seen.
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

I hear Phillipi has gotten an offer from Providence....I also hear that he is holding out for an offer from a WCHA school...any truth to that?
dirtyniper

Post by dirtyniper »

basil you have no idea what your talking about you are probably the jv goalie that thinks he might get into the varsity good luck to ya
HMHockey

Post by HMHockey »

dirtyniper wrote:basil you have no idea what your talking about you are probably the jv goalie that thinks he might get into the varsity good luck to ya

I love how everyone on here thinks basil chaps is basil sampair. I go to hill and yesterday nick sova was telling him how on this site everyone thinks basil chaps is him. He didnt even know what minnhock was until then.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

hahaahahahahaha

there is only a few people who understand the name basil chaps. you guys have no idea how funny the name is
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
HMHockey

Post by HMHockey »

sachishi4 wrote:hahaahahahahaha

there is only a few people who understand the name basil chaps. you guys have no idea how funny the name is
And what is basil chaps supposed to mean?
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

HMHockey wrote:
sachishi4 wrote:hahaahahahahaha

And what is basil chaps supposed to mean?
this is too much fun to let you know. If you know who I am (which, honestly, its tough not to) , contact me tomorrow at school.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

CityHockey11 wrote:I hear Phillipi has gotten an offer from Providence....I also hear that he is holding out for an offer from a WCHA school...any truth to that?
:shock: According to a Pioneer Press interview with Bob Sansevere; Phillippi, received a call from Providence. He also said about playing in the WCHA that it would be great. That is a far cry from an "offer" :roll: and a "holdout" :oops: but morons read something and repeat it differently and eventually the story gets twisted. Happens all the time. :lol: :lol: :lol:
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

Trashman wrote:
CityHockey11 wrote:I hear Phillipi has gotten an offer from Providence....I also hear that he is holding out for an offer from a WCHA school...any truth to that?
:shock: According to a Pioneer Press interview with Bob Sansevere; Phillippi, received a call from Providence. He also said about playing in the WCHA that it would be great. That is a far cry from an "offer" :roll: and a "holdout" :oops: but morons read something and repeat it differently and eventually the story gets twisted. Happens all the time. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow, i'm a moron...just repeating what i've heard that's all.....not claiming to be an insider by any means, just a fan of the game is all... :D
Basil Chaps

Post by Basil Chaps »

HMHockey wrote:
dirtyniper wrote:basil you have no idea what your talking about you are probably the jv goalie that thinks he might get into the varsity good luck to ya

I love how everyone on here thinks basil chaps is basil sampair. I go to hill and yesterday nick sova was telling him how on this site everyone thinks basil chaps is him. He didnt even know what minnhock was until then.
You can check every post I've ever made I have never claimed to be Basil Sampair. Sachishi4 is right about people not understanding the name. I just don't see Kirk having the ability or Schaughnesy having the size, I think Basil will get in to at least a few varsity games. About Flip I heard talk about him talking to some people from the U, but I have no idea as to the validity of that rumor.
Daddy'$ Money
Trashman

Post by Trashman »

cityhockey, I didn't call you a moron. I said morons read something then repeat it differently. So you heard it from someone who heard it from someone, who heard it from someone. Just saying there's a moron in there somewhere who misinterpreted the article that's all.
And if the article understated the truth, then I could be the moron, but most likely someone misread the article along the way.
mch

Post by mch »

HMHockey wrote:I disagree. Shaugnessy is good don't get me wrong. But he just doesn't look ready for whats ahead of him. I've watched plenty of the jv games and Sampair seemed to be more relaxed and confident on the ice. He didnt have to make big glove saves or anything because he didn't put himself in the position to have to. Shaugnessy always seemed to be scrambling after he made a first save. And that only knock, which is being small is a HUGE factor at this level.[/b]
when i played with sampair, he skated out as a peewee, he was poison in the locker room...
HMHockey

Post by HMHockey »

mch wrote:
HMHockey wrote:I disagree. Shaugnessy is good don't get me wrong. But he just doesn't look ready for whats ahead of him. I've watched plenty of the jv games and Sampair seemed to be more relaxed and confident on the ice. He didnt have to make big glove saves or anything because he didn't put himself in the position to have to. Shaugnessy always seemed to be scrambling after he made a first save. And that only knock, which is being small is a HUGE factor at this level.[/b]
when i played with sampair, he skated out as a peewee, he was poison in the locker room...

Can you really call a peewee poison. Come on they're all like 12 years old. Theyre Hyper and immature.
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

Trashman wrote:cityhockey, I didn't call you a moron. I said morons read something then repeat it differently. So you heard it from someone who heard it from someone, who heard it from someone. Just saying there's a moron in there somewhere who misinterpreted the article that's all.
And if the article understated the truth, then I could be the moron, but most likely someone misread the article along the way.
My bad... :oops:
Basil Chaps

Post by Basil Chaps »

HMHockey wrote:
mch wrote:

Can you really call a peewee poison. Come on they're all like 12 years old. Theyre Hyper and immature.
From knowing Sampair off the ice I could really see him not working well in the locker room. I would say that Schaughnessy is the most skilled, but he is very tiny.
Daddy'$ Money
Charliedog

Post by Charliedog »

Sampair didn't connect well with the JV coach (or the kids in the locker room) and Shaunessy has been skating with the varsity guys at practice. Based on only this information, I would say that the decision might alread be made. The JV coach also manipulated the every other game rotation a few times to put Shaunessy in the the "big" games.

They are both talented kids.
pistol

Post by pistol »

Both will be great varsity goalies once their time comes (3pete).
betweenthepipes37

Post by betweenthepipes37 »

i think it is obvious that replacing phillippi is the main question for hill in the off season.

I think no one is giving Kirk enough credit though. The kid is from California last year and managed to make it into HM program. I heard from a few players he's skating over at impact this summer and not looking that bad. How can anyone say he doesn't have skill when they haven't seen him play. Besides at 6'1" 215 lbs even if he isn't good he's bound to stop alot of stuff. :lol: he'll work his rear end off this summer and I'd be willing to see him starting the big games

shaughnassey is good and will be a good starting goalie for hill murray for two years but i think he will be #2 this upcoming year due to lack of experience size or strength, the roster says 150 but i think he was weighed with his gear on while wet because he looks to be about 105. He's quick but still a little small, give him another year.

Sampair I don't see being on the var this year. He doesn't have the mental game or the pure talent that the other two have. Maybe another year on Jv and he'll realize what it takes to be a varsity player.?
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

betweenthepipes37 wrote:i think it is obvious that replacing phillippi is the main question for hill in the off season.

I think no one is giving Kirk enough credit though. The kid is from California last year and managed to make it into HM program. I heard from a few players he's skating over at impact this summer and not looking that bad. How can anyone say he doesn't have skill when they haven't seen him play. Besides at 6'1" 215 lbs even if he isn't good he's bound to stop alot of stuff. :lol: he'll work his rear end off this summer and I'd be willing to see him starting the big games

shaughnassey is good and will be a good starting goalie for hill murray for two years but i think he will be #2 this upcoming year due to lack of experience size or strength, the roster says 150 but i think he was weighed with his gear on while wet because he looks to be about 105. He's quick but still a little small, give him another year.

Sampair I don't see being on the var this year. He doesn't have the mental game or the pure talent that the other two have. Maybe another year on Jv and he'll realize what it takes to be a varsity player.?
totally agree with you