8AA Predictions

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

DmanDad1980

Re: 8AA Predictions

Post by DmanDad1980 »

schwang17 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
RLStars wrote: x2
Third time's the charm.

I think 3-5 could end up in any order though.
Where's Warroad?

Oh that's right! They can't compete at this level. :shock:
Schwanger, I heard Warroad was petitioning to play Tier III Junior Hockey in Manitoba. I guess they heard it was easier for them to gain a Championship there than in MN Class A hockey... :lol:

Besides, the usual summer camp recruiting efforts by the Marvins is allowed by Canadian hockey forums... :wink:

Just a rumor I had heard...
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

Hmm, the outlook must be pretty bleak for 8AA if they can only get a half page before the topic turns to Warroad.
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

UpNorthStars wrote:Hmm, the outlook must be pretty bleak for 8AA if they can only get a half page before the topic turns to Warroad.
Just the Usual suspects; it's again the big two, Roseau & Moorhead, and a couple pretenders...
Not much much else to talk about in 8AA for forum writers, other than who will rise to the #3 spot in the section...
Bleak... No, just business as usual...
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

DmanDad1980 wrote:
UpNorthStars wrote:Hmm, the outlook must be pretty bleak for 8AA if they can only get a half page before the topic turns to Warroad.
Just the Usual suspects; it's again the big two, Roseau & Moorhead, and a couple pretenders...
Not much much else to talk about in 8AA for forum writers, other than who will rise to the #3 spot in the section...
Bleak... No, just business as usual...
And to think they are scared to join the "usual suspects and a couple of pretenders..." - how pathetic. Grow some nuts.
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
HOFam'r wrote:
puckluck19 wrote:
Thats more realistic than I would expect from him!

not sure who puckluck19 is...could it be Puckguy19? I would like to think Buffalo has a chance because they had a decnt season last year and have their core group coming back...when this group was Bantams they were a top twenty bantam team....Better to expect the best then settle for the worst...It's August and i am putting this bored on notice that Buffalo is going to be pretty good this season...

Hmmmm... where have I heard that before?

Goldy-maybe your not aware that Tech's season has ended in Buffalo the last two years?
"Be a teammate first"
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

HOFam'r wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
HOFam'r wrote:
not sure who puckluck19 is...could it be Puckguy19? I would like to think Buffalo has a chance because they had a decnt season last year and have their core group coming back...when this group was Bantams they were a top twenty bantam team....Better to expect the best then settle for the worst...It's August and i am putting this bored on notice that Buffalo is going to be pretty good this season...

Goldy-maybe your not aware that Tech's season has ended in Buffalo the last two years?
WOW! That should put them ahead of Roseau then huh? I mean they beat TECH! lol Seasons in the past cant be the only way to predict the future.
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

puckluck19 wrote:
HOFam'r wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:

WOW! That should put them ahead of Roseau then huh? I mean they beat TECH! lol Seasons in the past cant be the only way to predict the future.
PL19 Goldy is a St Cloud guy...that's why I mention it to him...not sure I understand your point...
"Be a teammate first"
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

HOFam'r wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
HOFam'r wrote:

Congrats. You can beat Tech. Tech is actually the one team that I would root for Buffalo to beat.
The U invented swagger.
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
HOFam'r wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:

Congrats. You can beat Tech. Tech is actually the one team that I would root for Buffalo to beat.
Your just mad Tech pummeled the Crusaders...
"Be a teammate first"
Silent But Deadly

Post by Silent But Deadly »

HOFam'r wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
HOFam'r wrote: Goldy-maybe your not aware that Tech's season has ended in Buffalo the last two years?
Glad to see HOFam'r hasn't lost his edge! :D
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

Silent But Deadly wrote:
HOFam'r wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote: Congrats. You can beat Tech. Tech is actually the one team that I would root for Buffalo to beat.
I'm pretty sure Goldie is an Eagle, not a Crusader
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

Give him time, he'll get it right eventually :lol:
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

RLStars wrote:
Silent But Deadly wrote:
HOFam'r wrote: Your just mad Tech pummeled the Crusaders...
Only one team left...he might actually get it right this time.
The U invented swagger.
Amos

Post by Amos »

Puckguy19 wrote:I agree with HOF'r. 2008 has all the makings for a fantastic year in Buffalo. Ram Hockey better not make his reservations for St. Paul until the Section final is complete. 8)
Too late.... :D
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

RLStars wrote:
Silent But Deadly wrote:
HOFam'r wrote: Your just mad Tech pummeled the Crusaders...
Tech pummeled them a couple times this year as well. But we dont need to bring up that debate again. (It was probably just a fluke) :wink:
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

puckluck19 wrote:
RLStars wrote:
Silent But Deadly wrote: Glad to see HOFam'r hasn't lost his edge! :D
Tech pummeled them a couple times this year as well. But we dont need to bring up that debate again. (It was probably just a fluke) :wink:
Tech pummeled both the Crusaders and the Eagles making them the best team in ST Cloud last season...end of story
"Be a teammate first"
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

HOFam'r wrote:
puckluck19 wrote:
RLStars wrote: I'm pretty sure Goldie is an Eagle, not a Crusader
Tech pummeled both the Crusaders and the Eagles making them the best team in ST Cloud last season...end of story
Tech was not the best team in St. Cloud last season. The records show that they were but anyone who watched all three St. Cloud teams play and knows anything about hockey knows that Cathedral was the best team in St. Cloud last year and should be again this year.
The U invented swagger.
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

Oh no :o , not this again. :roll: Talk about beating a dead horse.
Last edited by RLStars on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
zippitydoda

Post by zippitydoda »

Let's just wait and see about that before we jump to any conclusions. The debate can go on all day about who was better last year. We only have one head to head matchup to go by. No one is going to change their opinions at this point.
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
HOFam'r wrote:
puckluck19 wrote:

Tech was not the best team in St. Cloud last season. The records show that they were but anyone who watched all three St. Cloud teams play and knows anything about hockey knows that Cathedral was the best team in St. Cloud last year and should be again this year.
Goldy-if they were better they should have proved it...they didn't...
"Be a teammate first"
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

HOFam'r wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
HOFam'r wrote: Tech pummeled both the Crusaders and the Eagles making them the best team in ST Cloud last season...end of story
Agree to disagree.
The U invented swagger.
International Falls

Post by International Falls »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
HOFam'r wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote: Tech was not the best team in St. Cloud last season. The records show that they were but anyone who watched all three St. Cloud teams play and knows anything about hockey knows that Cathedral was the best team in St. Cloud last year and should be again this year.
Agree to disagree.
thanks for being the bigger man
Silent But Deadly

International Falls wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
HOFam'r wrote: Goldy-if they were better they should have proved it...they didn't...
Agree to disagree.
thanks for being the bigger man
Nobody's bigger than HOFam'r! :wink:
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

I think Andre the Giant was bigger, but it's close.
Silent But Deadly

RLStars wrote:I think Andre the Giant was bigger, but it's close.
Was Andre from Stearns County too? :shock: