Lake Conference 08-09 Thread

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mnhkylvr

Post by mnhkylvr »

Well said SS. :wink:
FrankThom

Post by FrankThom »

It will be interesting to see who wins the Kennedy/EP tilt Saturday now that the combo is over.

I'm taking the eagles in this one.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

SuperStar wrote:But go ahead...Take your shots while you can...
No rush, there should be plenty of other opportunities. :wink:
ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan »

Rebuilding or adjustment in the Lake for some teams including EP. You can't lose the number and quality of players that they did and not need some time to acclimate to the situation. I hear there are many good young players at EP so I'm sure they'll reload. Will be interesting to see how Kennedy does as they should have some players coming off a U14 team from the past few seasons? I may be wrong in this...
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Fran thom..I'll second that - I'll take the eagles!

Settled down ladies...We are just the EP Eagles are just working out some kinks...SHould be ready to "really" start to play hockey vs Kenney
ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan »

Eagles (Kennedy) loss of Hunter is tough. Haslerud too was a strong player for them that has graduated... Hunter could make any game interesting as I learned firsthand last season! Not sure what to expect this year, but I too always pulled for the Eagles in these games on both sides =)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Ep lost a squeaker last night to Eastview 2-1...But they played very good...Watch out down the road for the EP Eagles, kid!
OntheEdge

Post by OntheEdge »

SuperStar wrote:Ep lost a squeaker last night to Eastview 2-1...But they played very good...Watch out down the road for the EP Eagles, kid!
Got to give you kudos SuperStar for being the consummate optimist. I think its great that you have such confidence in your team. EP will probably get better as the season goes along because they do have some young talent. Nothing against EP (my daughter has lots of friends over there) but in my opinion they don't have enough talent to be a challanger for the conference or section this year. It will take a year or two for the program to rebuild.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Gotta Keep the faith, brother...They are getting better every week...They have high standards to live up too - Not easy being a EP Eagle after the last 3/4 years..
pickme

Eagan

Post by pickme »

I think Eagan has shown that they are the best team in the Lake with convincing wins over Chaska, South, and of course EP.

They have a great lineup of forwards and defense, if their goaltending holds up they've got to be the favorite in 3AA.

The rest of the conference appears to be down.
ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan »

More parity than I've ever witnessed in the Lake. That's for sure. I'd say Eagan has to be at or near the top when it's all said and done but it's a long season...
hckywtchr1

Post by hckywtchr1 »

Having seen both Edina and Eagan, I would go with Eagan hands down.
They are small, but very fast. They forecheck constantly. They give you no time to think or react. Goaltending may not have to hold up. You can't get through their forecheck much less their defense.

Very impressive team !
FrankThom

Post by FrankThom »

I can't find the EP/Chaska score from Saturday. Was it rescheduled?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

No game was played - Must have been...Our next game is this Thursday vs Minnetonka
hockey fan 01

Post by hockey fan 01 »

the EP/Chaska game was rescheduled for January 20, 2009
Joethehockeydad

Post by Joethehockeydad »

I predict Minnetonka 5-2 over EP (just returning favors over the past couple of years).
SuperStar wrote:No game was played - Must have been...Our next game is this Thursday vs Minnetonka
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

They beat us 5-2 and I will buy you a 12pack. Ain't gonna happen
Joethehockeydad

Post by Joethehockeydad »

You're on SuperStar. And I'll return the favor if you beat Minnetonka by that same score.
SuperStar wrote:They beat us 5-2 and I will buy you a 12pack. Ain't gonna happen
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

See you tonight!
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

Eden Prairie will down right suck this year! Well... maybe not suck, but they sure won't be good. No state appearance. Now that Tim Morris' little recruiting ring has been stop with the new Minnesota Law regarding recruiting has been passed, you all will see the REAL E.P.

The sooner you realize that the past three years success has been due to girls coming in from other cities, the sooner you will realize that Eden Prairie will never, EVER be the same. Let's see the real Tim Morris!
Iraqnam
gopher9

Post by gopher9 »

countrygentleman wrote:Eden Prairie will down right suck this year! Well... maybe not suck, but they sure won't be good. No state appearance. Now that Tim Morris' little recruiting ring has been stop with the new Minnesota Law regarding recruiting has been passed, you all will see the REAL E.P.

The sooner you realize that the past three years success has been due to girls coming in from other cities, the sooner you will realize that Eden Prairie will never, EVER be the same. Let's see the real Tim Morris!
I otta come over there and give you the Claw. And when Im done with that maybe the Sleeper Hold! :) :lol:
Bensonmum

Post by Bensonmum »

gopher9 wrote:
I otta come over there and give you the Claw. And when Im done with that maybe the Sleeper Hold! :) :lol:
http://baronvonraschke.com/photo_galler ... l.php?id=1

That is all the people need to know........
mnhkylvr

Post by mnhkylvr »

countrygentleman wrote:Eden Prairie will down right suck this year! Well... maybe not suck, but they sure won't be good. No state appearance. Now that Tim Morris' little recruiting ring has been stop with the new Minnesota Law regarding recruiting has been passed, you all will see the REAL E.P.

My oh my, that's an awfully big monkey on your back. Do you have a nickname for him? Looking at your post history you seem to pretty equally hate the girls AND boys program at EP. What happened? Do you need to talk about it? We're here to help...

EAGLE NATION!
gopher9

Post by gopher9 »

Bensonmum wrote:
gopher9 wrote:
http://baronvonraschke.com/photo_galler ... l.php?id=1

That is all the people need to know........
I look alittle bit older now but still can crack a coconut :lol:
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

mnhkylvr wrote:

My oh my, that's an awfully big monkey on your back. Do you have a nickname for him? Looking at your post history you seem to pretty equally hate the girls AND boys program at EP. What happened? Do you need to talk about it? We're here to help...

EAGLE NATION!
Rather than being some overly involved parent, as I'm guessing you are, I actual attend the high school. I know what's going on. It gets old seeing the boy's coach, Lee Smith not have a clue on what he's doing with the varsity team and then watching mister Bud Grant's son, Mike, not do squat because anything that might be bigger than his precious little football team would be horrendous.

Do you follow any Eden Prairie Youth hockey? It seems like year after year at least three or four teams ranging from PeeWees to Junior Gold make a serious run at a state championship, if not win it! Why hasn't that translated to success at the high school level? Tell me that sir and I will be quiet.... Or better yet, tell me why all our talent continually leaves our program??? Let me list off the players that could have been playing here instead of Juniors, develpoment programs, or leaving for a private school.
List:
Seniors- Danny Kristo (Ann Arbor), Alec Rush (Juniors), Andrew Hartmen (Holy Angels, varsity), Patrick Duda (Benilde?, varsity)
Juniors- Jason Clark (Shattuck), Blake Thompson (Juniors), Jacob Meyers (Benilde), Brett Patterson (Benilde)

Not only that, please explain this- this season Smith cut a player that had played a little varsity as a sophomore and then all of last year as a junior, and he cut probably the second most explosive senior player, Joe Mulvehill (spelling may be off), second only to Nick Leddy. Muvehill aslo played varsity as a sophomore. You total that up and that is TEN players that could have DEARLY helped the varsity team this season. What's up with that?

Now, regarding the girls team. Just say your graces that little Kelsey is actually playing. Would you be happier if your daddy's girl wasn't playing because three bloomington kids and two Chaska kids took her spot? No. Now that recruiting is a thing of the past, only Eden Prairie residents' children will be playing, including yours, not nearby suburbs. It's hard to like Tim Morris when you actually know a person who has had a varsity spot taken away by some recruit. It hurts that person. Like I said, say your graces that little Kelsey is playing even if the team won't be as good. It would hurt a lot more than if your daughter was the one sitting at home watching the team she should be playing on have success.

Last thing: take a look at the Let'sPlayHockey rankings, although they generally mean nothing, they do give a rough estimate of how teams fall, and tell me where is Eden Prairie? Not ranked. Oh, too bad. And they lost what, 8-2 to Eagan who is 15??? Ouch!

Now that I completely undressed you, please just pull up your pants and say nothing.[/url]
Iraqnam