Shattuck vs SPA?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dontcallmeshirley

Post by dontcallmeshirley »

It was the AAA team, you can check the roster against the boxscore.
wpsafan1

Post by wpsafan1 »

Last edited by wpsafan1 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wpsafan1

Post by wpsafan1 »

TheSniper09 wrote:ok wait Spa tied shattuck AAA or AA? its hard to belive that SPA beat Shattucks AAA team Is Spa even good this year? They have to be some what good?
Above is the official stat sheet, SPA did indeed TIE shattucks AAA team
hockeyboys

Post by hockeyboys »

i would have guessed spa would be better this year - but last weekend they lost to st. francis.
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

hockeyboys wrote:i would have guessed spa would be better this year - but last weekend they lost to st. francis.
OH WOW! Either St. Francis is good.(they do have that one kid who scored like 12 points in 2 games; dont quote me on that) or Shattucuks AAA team is not that good. :?: Was any one at the game to tell us how either team looked?
mch

Post by mch »

stmartin123 wrote:
hockeyboys wrote:i would have guessed spa would be better this year - but last weekend they lost to st. francis.
OH WOW! Either St. Francis is good.(they do have that one kid who scored like 12 points in 2 games; dont quote me on that) or Shattucuks AAA team is not that good. :?: Was any one at the game to tell us how either team looked?
shattuck outshot spa 46-29 tied 6-6
spa outshot st. francis 37-22 lost 6-0
wpsafan1

Post by wpsafan1 »

SPA tied Shattucks AAA midget team, and now just beat Chisago Lakes 6-2, the team is much better than in the past, and I think people need to start watching for them
chiefofmedicine

Post by chiefofmedicine »

just because SPA is better than they have been doesnt mean they should be looked at. They have been just awful in the recent past. Good to see they're getting better, but doesnt mean they're a threat now. Lets see if they make a dent in the Tri Metro then maybe they deserve some looks
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

chiefofmedicine wrote:just because SPA is better than they have been doesnt mean they should be looked at. They have been just awful in the recent past. Good to see they're getting better, but doesnt mean they're a threat now. Lets see if they make a dent in the Tri Metro then maybe they deserve some looks
Even if they make a dent in the tri metro that doesn’t even mean they are that good. Breck and blake are the top teams. if they beat them then we can start and look at them as a decent team. Plus, we dont even know how good breck or blake will be this year. Supposedly, Breck, is going to be pretty good. But we’ll have to wait and see when they play a worthy opponent, or a class AA team.
mch

Post by mch »

stmartin123 wrote:
chiefofmedicine wrote:just because SPA is better than they have been doesnt mean they should be looked at. They have been just awful in the recent past. Good to see they're getting better, but doesnt mean they're a threat now. Lets see if they make a dent in the Tri Metro then maybe they deserve some looks
Even if they make a dent in the tri metro that doesn’t even mean they are that good. Breck and blake are the top teams. if they beat them then we can start and look at them as a decent team. Plus, we dont even know how good breck or blake will be this year. Supposedly, Breck, is going to be pretty good. But we’ll have to wait and see when they play a worthy opponent, or a class AA team.
how has breck not played a "worthy opponent?"
they've played marshall, st. thomas, and mahtomedi
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

mch wrote:
stmartin123 wrote:
how has breck not played a "worthy opponent?"
they've played marshall, st. thomas, and mahtomedi
did you not read what i said. A CLASS AA team. Yeah out of the three teams you siad St. Thomas is good,(lost a lot of players from last year's squad not as good as last years team) but what i want to see is if breck can play with the big schools. I am not saying breck is a bad team. All i am saying is i want to see if they are as good as everyone is saying. Lets see how they do when the play Duluth east in the Schwans cup. If they can play in this tournament they will be force to be reckoned with.
fanfromstlsp

Spa beat holy family in ot

Post by fanfromstlsp »

This team is definitely better than it has been, especially last year, and has a chance to create some noise in the tri metro with Blake being down. Not saying they will beat Breck but does look like will be competing with Blake for second best team in conference. Score was 2-1 ot (shots were even SPA had five more).