Jason StadStad holiday classic. Ralph Englestad Arena

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

gfhockey

Jason StadStad holiday classic. Ralph Englestad Arena

Post by gfhockey »

Which looks to be an even better tournament then last year....

What can you guys tell me about bloomington jefferson? Blaine?

GFC is a lot better team then last year. A lot of returning kids back.

GFRR is a bit down from last year but still loooks to compete with anyone.

GPR is probably the top ND team right now. Should contend with all 3 minnesota teams.
gfhockey

Post by gfhockey »

oh yeh heres a schdule

Thursday, Dec. 18: Blaine vs. Grafton-Park River, 3 p.m., Purpur Arena; Central vs. Roseau, 6:15 p.m., Ralph Engelstad Arena; Bloomington Jefferson vs. Red River, 25 minutes after the completion of the first Ralph Engelstad game, Ralph Engelstad Arena.

Friday, Dec. 19: Blaine vs. Red River, 3 p.m., Engelstad Arena; Jefferson vs. Central, 6:15 p.m., Purpur Arena; Grafton-Park River vs. Roseau, 25 minutes after the completion of the first Purpur Arena game, Purpur Arena.

Saturday, Dec. 20 (all games in Ralph Engelstad Arena): Blaine vs. Central, 2:30 p.m.; Red River vs. Roseau, 25 minutes after the completion of the first game; Jefferson vs. Grafton-Park River, 25 minutes after the completion of the second game.

btw... any jefferson fans coming up again?
dynamicD

Post by dynamicD »

Should be a fun slate of games to watch. Last year Red River had an amzing team that i believe won their state championship but the Jags won an epic game over them in a shoot out. Then in the final game of the weekend Roseau beat the Jags on literally a buzzer beater goal. It was an awesome showcase of hockey and i expect the same coming up this week.
Things I'll be watching:
-How good are the North Dakota teams?
-Which state (Minnesota, ND) will win the most games?
-Will Jefferson (#5 in state) keep their undefeated record after playing these games?
hockeylover

Post by hockeylover »

The Jags are off to a very good start, but the Lake is down this year so they really haven't been tested much. The had a good close game with Wayzata last week. I"m sure they will have some fan support, heard it was a great tournament last year.
gfhockey

Post by gfhockey »

dynamicD wrote:Should be a fun slate of games to watch. Last year Red River had an amzing team that i believe won their state championship but the Jags won an epic game over them in a shoot out. Then in the final game of the weekend Roseau beat the Jags on literally a buzzer beater goal. It was an awesome showcase of hockey and i expect the same coming up this week.
Things I'll be watching:
-Will Jefferson (#5 in state) keep their undefeated record after playing these games?

Just an FYI... Red River didnt win the state title last year. GPR won it. Really disputed game though. If you want search youtube gpr 6th man on ice.
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

gfhockey wrote:
dynamicD wrote:Should be a fun slate of games to watch. Last year Red River had an amzing team that i believe won their state championship but the Jags won an epic game over them in a shoot out. Then in the final game of the weekend Roseau beat the Jags on literally a buzzer beater goal. It was an awesome showcase of hockey and i expect the same coming up this week.
Things I'll be watching:

Just an FYI... Red River didnt win the state title last year. GPR won it. Really disputed game though. If you want search youtube gpr 6th man on ice.
Hey gfhockey you should post the link for that video. I perused youtube for 10 mins and couldn't find it, and I'm always interested in a little controversy.
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
gfhockey

Post by gfhockey »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ0gxs2m350

just look at all the comments too.... over 25000 hits for a high school hockey goal lol
dynamicD

Post by dynamicD »

wow i just watched the video and it was almost funny how obvious it was that there were 6 guys lol....sucks for RR in that one but what can you do
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

gfhockey wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ0gxs2m350

just look at all the comments too.... over 25000 hits for a high school hockey goal lol
That's unreal. So was that a game winner or what?
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
mch

Post by mch »

Papa Bergundy wrote:
gfhockey wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ0gxs2m350

That's unreal. So was that a game winner or what?
it says game tier in the info
gfhockey

Post by gfhockey »

that goal was at the very end of the third.... Even the 6th guy who hopped on was the one who scroed it too.. lot of bad publicity out of this for the ndhsaa. they sent a letter of apology and even the refs did to red river. Also some red river kids tryd to even steal the trophy up in grafton. how stupid huh

Last years red river team was probably one of the top 5 teams ever and thats including when the potulnys, iremn and zigelmann played there.
gfhockey

Post by gfhockey »

Blaine ranked 2.
Roseau ranked 6.
Bloomingotn jefferson ranked 5.

tough competition here.

In north dakota IMO id say

Red river ranked 4
GPR ranked 1
GFC ranked 3

keep in mind this is north dakota competition for the ND schools though.
imbetterthenU

Post by imbetterthenU »

blaine is not ranked #2 on very many polls at all the majority have them at like 7 or 8 and roseau at more like 10 jefferson is 5 for the minnesota polls
oneIdmonsta

Post by oneIdmonsta »

im looking forward to seeing the outcomes of the interstate play i have a feeling that MN teams will come out with more victories but i dnt know much about ND hockey cant wait to see the results.
oneIdmonsta

Post by oneIdmonsta »

im looking forward to seeing the outcomes of the interstate play i have a feeling that MN teams will come out with more victories but i dnt know much about ND hockey cant wait to see the results.
gfhockey

Post by gfhockey »

i was just goin by the ps2 ratings.
middle of nowhere hockey

Post by middle of nowhere hockey »

Are there any standouts from those north dakota teams?
gfhockey

Post by gfhockey »

1-1 after the first in the blaine-rr game.... RR outskating blaine for most of the period.
gfhockey

Post by gfhockey »

RR 2 Blaine 1....
Ram Hockey

Blaine-Red River

Post by Ram Hockey »

Blaine - 6
Red River - 3
Final
Ram Hockey

Roseau-Grafton

Post by Ram Hockey »

Roseau - 0
Grafton-Park River - 1
After one period.

Bloomington Jefferson - 8
Grand Forks Central - 0
Final
Ram Hockey

Post by Ram Hockey »

Roseau - 2
Grafton - 1
After two periods.
Ram Hockey

Post by Ram Hockey »

Grafton - 6
Roseau - 3
Final

Grafton scores 5 times in third (1-Penalty shot, 1 Empty netter)
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

ouch, what happened?
oneIdmonsta

Post by oneIdmonsta »

jefferson dominated the stadstad tournament outscoring thier opponents 18-1 they looked very good and there only goal against was a fluke a point shot was wiffed and went right back door to a red river player.

the rams look really down this year which was expected after losing the talent they did
and the ND teams weren't that much of a challenge for blaine or jefferson (both teams went undefeated)