Centennial Vs Sta

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

King of the Pond

Centennial Vs Sta

Post by King of the Pond »

Where can i find this game being broadcast if it is online?
Last edited by King of the Pond on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbmd

Re: Centennial Vs Sta Broadcast online?

Post by wbmd »

King of the Pond wrote:Where can i find this game being broadcast if it is online?
Going by this, nowhere.

Watch all the action on MyFOXHockey.com. After a crazy day one that saw BSM rally from two goals down and Breck upsetting Duluth East (#2 in the MyFOXHockey.com power poll), who knows what day two will bring.

12:30- Champlin Park vs. Burnsville
3:00- Brainerd/Pillager/Pierz vs. Duluth East
6:00- CDH vs. BSM
8:30- Breck vs. Wayzata

Should be a fun day of puck.
mnsportsnetwork

MSBN

Post by mnsportsnetwork »

The Minnesota Sports Broadcast Network will be on hand at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul to broadcast the Centennial-Saint Thomas Academy game live at 12:30 pm.

You can listen to the action by logging on to their website at:

www.mnsportsnetwork.com
King of the Pond

1-0 Centennial already

Schreiner from Lovick and Colvard 1:09 into the 1st
Last edited by King of the Pond on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of the Pond

2-0 Centennial

Hughes from Colvard
King of the Pond

4-1 Centennial End 2nd

Goals - Pitlick from Lovick (7:55)

Riley from Brunn

Crandall from Isaackson
mnsportsnetwork

Post by mnsportsnetwork »

4-1 Centennial after two periods

Shots on goal: Centennial-27, STA-17

2nd Period Goals:

CEN: Tyler Pitlick (short handed) from Jordan Lovick, 7:55

CEN: Sean Riley from Jared Brunn and Nick Torrez, 12:29

STA: Justin Crandall, from Christian Isackson, 14:17

Listen to the third period on MSBN!
carpenterguy

Post by carpenterguy »

Centennial 6 STA 3

Centennial dominates outshooting them 2-1 even though they were shorthanded a bunch.
dynamicD

Post by dynamicD »

STA will lose again and not return to the Gold Division next year
ya-man

Post by ya-man »

Looks like STA has picked the right class.
TheSniper09

Post by TheSniper09 »

ha now it makes sense why sta stays in class a.
-Snipes
behonestbenice

Post by behonestbenice »

How fast every one stops complaining after a couple of losses. Remember this team is like a WCHA team. Some of the best players move on early Faulk NDTP Walters USHL Scrhoder Uof M. If these 3 were still here STA wins every game by 5 goals and should be in AA. Yes Schroeder could be a senior at STA. But they know they will always loose players and other teams don't. The year before they loose Crandall (USHL) and Larson (USHL) 2008 NHL draft pick. Oh yeah and Lee went back home to Edina.
Next year they will probably loose Isaccson(USHL) could have lost him this year if he didnt turn down the (NDTP) program and maybe young schroeder (NDTP) Crandall could also go (USHL).
Make up your mind. Do you want them up or down. I am sure after they regroup as they did last year after two losses and Win another state title you same people will want them up again.
Last edited by behonestbenice on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
behonestbenice

Post by behonestbenice »

Remeber last year they won the silver by beating 3AA teams handily and 2 of them went to state BSM and Blaine. I bet the same guys last year were chanting for them to move up.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Centennial played a good game and St Thomas did not. Plain and simple, the team who played better won. St Thomas plays like they have the lead all the time and it really confuses me. They're down 0-4 and I would think you would go after every puck like there's no tomorrow, instead they simply let the other guy get it, as if they have a 4 goal lead and it doesn't matter.

Question for anyone who was in attendance. During the second period the puck went in Centennial's goal and came out quickly, fans around the arena started reacting, even players on the ice did on both teams...but play just continued. One goal would've made them lose by one probably so it wouldn't have made the difference, but I was shocked that if fans could see the puck clearly across the line from where we were that the refs didn't do anything. Anyone else notice that?
mch

Post by mch »

behonestbenice wrote:How fast every one stops complaining after a couple of losses. Remember this team is like a WCHA team. Some of the best players move on early Faulk NDTP Walters USHL Scrhoder Uof M. If these 3 were still here STA wins every game by 5 goals and should be in AA. Yes Schroeder could be a senior at STA. But they know they will always loose players and other teams don't. The year before they loose Crandall (USHL) and Larson (USHL) 2008 NHL draft pick. Oh yeah and Lee went back home to Edina.
Next year they will probably loose Isaccson(USHL) could have lost him this year if he didnt turn down the (NDTP) program and maybe young schroeder (NDTP) Crandall could also go (USHL).
Make up your mind. Do you want them up or down. I am sure after they regroup as they did last year after two losses and Win another state title you same people will want them up again.
is this the faulk that was on south st. paul?
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

mch wrote:
behonestbenice wrote:How fast every one stops complaining after a couple of losses. Remember this team is like a WCHA team. Some of the best players move on early Faulk NDTP Walters USHL Scrhoder Uof M. If these 3 were still here STA wins every game by 5 goals and should be in AA. Yes Schroeder could be a senior at STA. But they know they will always loose players and other teams don't. The year before they loose Crandall (USHL) and Larson (USHL) 2008 NHL draft pick. Oh yeah and Lee went back home to Edina.

is this the faulk that was on south st. paul?

Yes
hshckfan08

Post by hshckfan08 »

Do you think STA is the only school this happens to?? It's not just your team, it happens in high school hockey, dont make excuses.
behonestbenice

Post by behonestbenice »

Name another school in the last 3 years that has lost this much talent 1-3 years earlier than they should have.

There isn't any.

Rosaeu should still have a player on thier team that is at the U
Theres one Schroeder=Ness slight edge maybe Ness because he was also already drafted, but that will change in June
OK two Each had a goalie leave early to USHL with college commit
Crandall=Lee

Whers the rest:
A Top guy transfer back home after 3 years 8th -10th (A.Lee)
Player to NDTP(J.Faulk) Yes he started at STA
Player to USHL (R. Walters)
Player to USHL and then drafted by Clagary after jr season(N. Larson)

Guess what there is not another team even close to STA that has lost as much equivalent talent in the last 3 years apples to apples

Roseau is the only school that comes close.

To start try naming another guy that went D1 top program and still could be playing for thier highschool this year.

There are none. So thier are no further comparisons.

Sorry not excuses just fact.

Like I said they will regroup just like last years team after 2 losses to quality oppents and win anothe title.

See you Thursday at Aldrich
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Hard to feel too bad for STA, remember that someone else lost each one of those players first, The very nature of their program suggests that this will continue to happen. Like it or not the cadets have become a stepping stone to the next level. The quality coaching and connections for advancement are second only to Shattuck. You don't have to like them but its tough not to at least acknowledge the quality of the program.
King of the Pond

keepyourheadup wrote:Hard to feel too bad for STA, remember that someone else lost each one of those players first, The very nature of their program suggests that this will continue to happen. Like it or not the cadets have become a stepping stone to the next level. The quality coaching and connections for advancement are second only to Shattuck. You don't have to like them but its tough not to at least acknowledge the quality of the program.
Very good point. As far as Im concerned you were lucky to even get those players so dont complain because you guys are really the ones stealing the players. What goes around comes around.
Saywhat?03

Post by Saywhat?03 »

I wouldnt consider it "stealing" kids. The vast majority of these players(AHA, HILL, included) come from areas where the team they would have to play for is not very good. If you are a good player from an area like that, wouldnt you also want to play with other great players?? On top of getting great exposure, through FSN and playing at the school and making it to state almost every year. If you are a stand out player on a so so team, reality is that you just arent going to get as many looks as someone from a more recognized program.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Most of these players came from very good teams, while there may be a few exceptions I think the folks in lakeville or rosemount might not agree. Last years rosemount team would likely have made a big run with Walters and Saintey, Lakeville south lost 5 kids (6 counting Schroeder) and still made state. Yes 1AA was a weak section but this group had a chance to make the show 4 or 5 years in a row for just that reason. Its not like Lee left because he didn't hve anyone to play with, EITHER TIME. Yes Isaackson is from a small program but he appears to be the exception.
hshckfan08

Post by hshckfan08 »

behonestbenice wrote:Name another school in the last 3 years that has lost this much talent 1-3 years earlier than they should have.

There isn't any.

Rosaeu should still have a player on thier team that is at the U
Theres one Schroeder=Ness slight edge maybe Ness because he was also already drafted, but that will change in June
OK two Each had a goalie leave early to USHL with college commit
Crandall=Lee

Whers the rest:
A Top guy transfer back home after 3 years 8th -10th (A.Lee)
Player to NDTP(J.Faulk) Yes he started at STA
Player to USHL (R. Walters)
Player to USHL and then drafted by Clagary after jr season(N. Larson)

Guess what there is not another team even close to STA that has lost as much equivalent talent in the last 3 years apples to apples

Roseau is the only school that comes close.

To start try naming another guy that went D1 top program and still could be playing for thier highschool this year.

There are none. So thier are no further comparisons.

Sorry not excuses just fact.

Like I said they will regroup just like last years team after 2 losses to quality oppents and win anothe title.

See you Thursday at Aldrich
Where do you think you got these kids from? other school systems. So really they are the ones loosing out on their players. Also evaluation of talent would not be fact. Who is better Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Go around and ask america and you will get a bunch of different answers. So comparing who lost who to determine who got screwed worse isnt really that realiable considering all the different schools that have lost players.
Saywhat, there are plenty of examples of great players who were on mediocre teams. Matt Niskanin played for a small iron range team and has managed his way onto a second d pairing in the NHL. As someone said in a different thread, if you are good, the scouts will find you.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Agreed hshckfan08, David Backes played for the power house at Spring Lake Park and they found him as well.
behonestbenice

Post by behonestbenice »

I never said there wasn't great talent on mediocer teams. Its every where . I said find another program that lost this many players to NDTP, Colleg Early and the USHL in 3 years that could all still be playing together.

STA didn't steal anyone the students and families choose to go there. Because of great coaching were able to develop very good players into top talent creating other opportunities faster than most programs.

Also I didn't say the other programs UofM, NDTP, USHL stole them either.

I just said think of the talent lost by one program and can you name another that matches what STA lost in 3 years.

Also the Manning, Peyton analogy doesn't fit either. I never said whose better. I said name players that left on 1 team in a 3 year period that had the same accolades

Bye the way I would go with Manning, but I would also go with at least a hockey analogy to support your case.

Go T-Wolves