Edina vs. Ep JGA

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

siouxhockey12

Edina vs. Ep JGA

Post by siouxhockey12 »

Edina Vs. Eep JGA
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

When is this game?
siouxhockey12

Post by siouxhockey12 »

thursday
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Thursday 9pm EP-Rink 2 (Olympic sheet)
CrazyClown

Post by CrazyClown »

I putting my money on EP watching that wayzata tourny proved to me that edina is weaker than there record shows.
patrick star

Post by patrick star »

depends on who comes to play this game is a toss up
Plankton

Post by Plankton »

I'm taking edina because of great goaltending from graves
JGAsk8r

Post by JGAsk8r »

EP 4 Edina 1
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

Plankton wrote:I'm taking edina because of great goaltending from graves
Yeah, EP 4
Edina 1

Seems Graves caught a case of the lazies. If he is Edina's go to goalie, watch out- Edina won't contend with any team with a little fire power.

The kid seems bored and uninterested in the games. He is slow and to compensate he plays extremely far back in the crease, often standing on top of the goal line. He inspires confidence in the other team when he just stands there like he is crease-ridden.

The actual game wasn't really much special. Either Eden Prairie is that much better than Edina, or Edina had an off game.

To perhaps throw salt in the wound, Eden Prairie didn't even have two top players playing in the game.
Iraqnam
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

countrygentleman wrote:
Plankton wrote:I'm taking edina because of great goaltending from graves
Yeah, EP 4
Edina 1

Seems Graves caught a case of the lazies. If he is Edina's go to goalie, watch out- Edina won't contend with any team with a little fire power.

The kid seems bored and uninterested in the games. He is slow and to compensate he plays extremely far back in the crease, often standing on top of the goal line. He inspires confidence in the other team when he just stands there like he is crease-ridden.

The actual game wasn't really much special. Either Eden Prairie is that much better than Edina, or Edina had an off game.

To perhaps throw salt in the wound, Eden Prairie didn't even have two top players playing in the game.
Mulvehill and Alexander for EP were pretty dominant tonight and they are their two top guns.
Plankton

Post by Plankton »

Could have just been an off game for edina, they did have finals the next day
bigpictureguy

Post by bigpictureguy »

Plankton wrote:Could have just been an off game for edina, they did have finals the next day
Eden Prairie has finals the next day as well. I watched the whole game, and i just think that EP out played Edina. Lets not make Excuses plankton, it was a solid game played by EP.

HOWEVER, Edina has some real talent as well, and i would not put this as a down point, i think the hornets should use this as motivation.

Just seeing the big picture...
thefossilguy

EP- Edina

Post by thefossilguy »

I was also at the game.
EP had a decent night, but not great. They looked tired and the passing was not crisp. (Sometimes that happens when you play a very good team)

Edina put some good heat on the EP goalie. EP had some very nice saves, and the D did a nice job of clearing out the puck in some very close siuations.

I am curious what the shot counts were....

I predict the next league game will be a 1 goal spread.
Plankton

Post by Plankton »

I didn't know EP had finals too, my apologies, i didn't see the game but yeah i think these are definately two of the top teams in JGA
CrazyClown

Post by CrazyClown »

bigpictureguy wrote:
Plankton wrote:Could have just been an off game for edina, they did have finals the next day
Eden Prairie has finals the next day as well. I watched the whole game, and i just think that EP out played Edina. Lets not make Excuses plankton, it was a solid game played by EP.

HOWEVER, Edina has some real talent as well, and i would not put this as a down point, i think the hornets should use this as motivation.

Just seeing the big picture...
Eden Prarie seemed to have an advantage early playing on the large sheet of ice. Edina did not utilize it until the third period and during the third it was a very even game and edina may have even had the TOP for period. There next matchup at bremar will be interesting. I feel as though edina wasn't quite there, that maybe that nights game wasn't there first priority. cuz watching the game it seemed that EP just wanted it more.
Jagshockey7

Post by Jagshockey7 »

It seems like Edina in ALL categories is starting to have some letdowns....Cough Hopkins..hint hint :wink: haha