Top 3 favorite hockey pep bands, HS or College?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheHockeyDJ

Top 3 favorite hockey pep bands, HS or College?

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

My top 3:
1. Grand Rapids
2. Rochester Century
3. University of Minnesota

Wide gap between 2 and 3.
dueling21

gotta be...

Post by dueling21 »

1. Michigan Tech!

With those goofy bumblebee overalls, crazy head gear, nearly-profane-but-not-quite cheers, and serenading, they're a lot of fun. They have to be when the hockey up there is so terrible...
DA-MAN

Post by DA-MAN »

pep bands?..............really?
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

DA-MAN wrote:pep bands?..............really?
W/O 'em, the atmosphere sucks!!!
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

When I was at the Hibbing /Rapids game I was very impressed with Rapids band. They were quite good. But I gotta go with the U of M's. There dominant.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

gophers101 wrote:When I was at the Hibbing /Rapids game I was very impressed with Rapids band. They were quite good. But I gotta go with the U of M's. There dominant.
I like U of M band too, but GRHS has more BASS. U of M is a little to twangy by comparison.
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

gophers101 wrote:When I was at the Hibbing /Rapids game I was very impressed with Rapids band. They were quite good. But I gotta go with the U of M's. There dominant.
1. U of M
2. Rapids band (Gophs they were impressive, I heard though that that was only the 2nd time that they played at a hockey game this year).
3. At this point who care who #3 is!!!
JV State Champs

Post by JV State Champs »

No real comparison to the Michigan Hockey Pep Band at Yost. Then again there is no real comparison in overall hockey environment and fans to Yost.
mghockey18

Post by mghockey18 »

"Then again there is no real comparison in overall hockey environment and fans to Yost"

Your kidding right?
JV State Champs

mghockey18 wrote:"Then again there is no real comparison in overall hockey environment and fans to Yost"

Your kidding right?
No come out to Ann Arbor for a game at Yost and you will agree with me.
pondpucker13

Post by pondpucker13 »

There was a topic about arena popcorn and you're complaining about pep bands?
I get older they stay the same age, alright alright
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

JV State Champs wrote:
mghockey18 wrote:"Then again there is no real comparison in overall hockey environment and fans to Yost"

Your kidding right?
Sorry, but Ann Arbor is in Michigan, and Minnesota is the State of Hockey. I've been to the Frozen Four, and NHL playoffs, and there is no real comparison to the overall atmosphere at the DECC in Duluth for a section final or state tournament game at a sold out Xcel Energy Center! Greats like Neal Broten and Herb Brooks have expressed many times in the past their agreement with HS hockey in MN being #1.

Source:
http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/galler ... 7d374607d2
mnhockeynumber1

Post by mnhockeynumber1 »

rapidsrapids wrote:
JV State Champs wrote:

Your kidding right?
Sorry, but Ann Arbor is in Michigan, and Minnesota is the State of Hockey. I've been to the Frozen Four, and NHL playoffs, and there is no real comparison to the overall atmosphere at the DECC in Duluth for a section final or state tournament game at a sold out Xcel Energy Center! Greats like Neal Broten and Herb Brooks have expressed many times in the past their agreement with HS hockey in MN being #1.

Source:
I know its still early but i've heard lots about how the DECC is great to watch a section final game... does the place fill up? even if there isnt a duluth team in it? and i know there is still season left but does anyone know when about the games will be played, more specifically the section final? thanks...
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

mnhockeynumber1 wrote:
rapidsrapids wrote:
JV State Champs wrote: No come out to Ann Arbor for a game at Yost and you will agree with me.

Source:
I know its still early but i've heard lots about how the DECC is great to watch a section final game... does the place fill up? even if there isnt a duluth team in it? and i know there is still season left but does anyone know when about the games will be played, more specifically the section final? thanks...
I believe the section final is Thursday, March 5th. Also, the Saturday before (Feb. 28th) the DECC is host to both Semi final section games and is great to attend.
SEE YOU AT THE RINK
Saintpaulhockey1

Post by Saintpaulhockey1 »

Would have to go with the University of Wisconsin Band. I still remember the days when they had the Final Five at the old Civic Center and when the Badgers were on the power play they wouldn't shut up. Believe they still have the same chant/song.
inthebox

Post by inthebox »

Rochester century no doubt. Once you here them play after they score a couple that song stays in your head for quite a while!
INDIAN°

Post by INDIAN° »

pondpucker13 wrote:
There was a topic about arena popcorn and you're complaining about pep bands?
:lol:
>Rapids is by far the best in my books for high school pep bands. and as for college, i havn't seen to many of them. but from what i have, U of M takes the cookie there.
Orange N' Black
JV State Champs

rapidsrapids wrote:
JV State Champs wrote:

Your kidding right?

Source:
Thats a rather ignorant statement. I grew up in Minnesota and agree it is a great place for hockey and no state cares about it more. That said having been to many places in Minnesota I can honestly say that with the exception of the State Tournament which is the greatest spectacle in all of sports (which I was fortunate enough to play in), that there is not a better hockey atmosphere, wilder crowd or better band than at Yost Ice arena in Ann Arbor and untill you see a game there I really don't think that you can make these ignorant coments on a slippery slope that because Minnesota is the state of hockey therefore the best place to watch a game must be in Minnesota.
dipseydoodle17

Post by dipseydoodle17 »

By far Michigan Techs band. If any of you went to the 2007 WCHA final five you know what im talking about.
uofmhedfan23

Post by uofmhedfan23 »

If Ada-Borup had a hockey team, they would be in the mix as the best. If you have ever seen them at any other of the high-school state tournaments they are usually the best band there.

Willmar also has a very solid band. Just trying to add some other HS bands into the mix.

The Best College Hockey Bands in my opinion:
1. Univ. of Minnesota
2. Michigan Tech
3. Cornell
You're listening to HS hockey on MSBN
WarroadWarrior

Post by WarroadWarrior »

Michigan Tech....Hands Down