Bantam B rankings?

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Do you agree?

Yes
21%
No
21%
Kinda...
36%
No Way! Totally Wrong
21%

Total votes: 28

gohawk4

Post by gohawk4 »

1 WAYZATA BLUE- Unbeaten, Easy choice for 1
2 Duluth East- Solid team. Get another chance at Wayzata this weekend.
3 Burnsville- Haven't seen them play, seem to be inconsistent.
4 Edina Green- Have similar problems as Burnsville with consistency.
5 Eagan Blue- I think this is high for this team. Should be abou
6 Moorhead- Their Tourny this weekend will show where this team belongs.
7 Osseo/Maple Grove- Solid team if they could put the puck in the net.
8 Minnetonka- I have liked this team when I have watched them, but they seem to lose games they shouldn't.
9 Wayzata Gold- When their intensity is high they are hard to beat. When it is low, they are just OK.
10 Edina White- Another team that I believe is too high. Tournaments prove this when they are 6-5.
11 Eden Prairie- Better team than ranked. Keep meeting Wayzata Blue in tournaments.
12 Elk River- Fell off radar with early losses to Blaine and OMG, but have rebounded nicely since Hopkins tourny and losing to Wayzata Navy.
13 Sauk Rapids- Dark horse. I wouldn't want to play them and have a lot to prove this weekend in Moorhead.
14 Apple Valley- Get benefit from playing in D6, but too many loses and ties to be this high in my book.
15 Lakeville South- Decent wins, but some bad loss to IGH and twice shutout by AV. Also tied winona and Hastings.
16 Blooming. Jefferson- OVERATED. Due to being in D6, but too close to .500 and biggest win is Eagan, who is also overrated.
17 Stillwater- Haven't seen play and therefore will not say anything, but 4th in district, where leader is #19 Tartan.
18 Woodbury Blue- Both Woodbury teams are good when they work hard, but both are easy wins if they don't.
19 Tartan- haven't seen them but are ahead of Stillwater in standings.
20 Woodbury White- Look at 18.
packerpuck19

Post by packerpuck19 »

Go hawk,

First of all, Im somewhat confused here. There are 9 teams there that either are "overrated", "inconsistent", or potentially "easy wins". If you move all of those 9 teams down, then who moves up to there spots? There are about 4 teams on this list that you approve of. I dont mind being critical, but maybe put out something that says this is what you think the rankings should be like.

Secondly, "15 Lakeville South- Decent wins, but some bad loss to IGH"....
Its River Heights and they are actually a pretty solid team. They have victories over #3 Burnsville, #15 Lakeville South, #16 Bloomington Jefferson, #19 Tartan, and a tie with #14 Apple Valley. Everybody is going to have games that should have been won, except Wayzata I guess.
gohawk4

Post by gohawk4 »

Packer,

IGH is what they have on their website and looking at IGH's website they are a .500 team. I can speak from experience with some teams that IGH has lost to. Highland Central, Farmington, Waconia are a few. I don't know these teams, but I see they tied Washburn, which is a pretty bad team. They beat Burnsville, when Burnsville was struggling early. The teams you pointed out are all teams I stated were overrated too. District 6 as a whole is very up and down. Here is how I would rank them. Let me know if you understand what I mean now.

1. Wayzata Blue
2. Duluth East
3. Burnsville, They are inconsistent as starting the season 2-4-2 and then going 23-2-1 after proves.
4. Moorhead
5. Sauk Rapids
6. Edina Green
7. Eden Prairie
8. Minnetonka
9. Wayzata Gold
10. Osseo/Maple Grove
11. Elk River
12. Eagan Blue
13. Tartan
14. Edina White
15. Grand Rapids
16. East Grand Forks
17. Apple Valley
18. Woodbury Blue
19. Woodbury White
20. Lakeville South
21. Wayzata Navy
22. Jefferson
23. Stillwater
24. Mpls. Park
25. Blaine

Your thoughts?
packerpuck19

Post by packerpuck19 »

Hawk- That looks more like an opinion... and not critiquing someone else's.

River Heights is a joined team between South St. Paul and IGH, they have done this with all the Bantam teams and at A- pee wee as well. By no means am I trying to stake a claim for that River Heights team to find a spot in those rankings. Not right now anyway. They have had alot of interesting losses. The only point I was trying to make was that they can cleary compete with higher level clubs and should not be considered a terrible loss. Ive seen this team play and I watched them outshoot Waconia probably 3 or 4- 1 and lose 5-2, and Ive watched them completely dominate Tartan to a 6-2 win, so my point is that they are no pushover.

So other than Tartan at #13 everything else on your rankings look good. Tartan did not impress me at all when I saw them.
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Nice to see GR in there, very good team!
gohawk4

Post by gohawk4 »

I have not seen Tartan play, but they are in first in the same district as Stillwater. At this point in the season that would seem to mean either Stillwater was too high or Tartan was too low. I gave them the benefit of the doubt.
packerpuck19

Post by packerpuck19 »

1.Wayzata Blue
2.Duluth East
3.Burnsville
4.Sauk Rapids
5.Eden Prairie
6.Eagan Blue
7.OMG
8.Elk River
9.Edina Green
10.Moorhead
11.Stillwater
12.Minnetonka
13.Edina White
14.Wayzata Gold
15.Woodbury Blue
16.Rochester Red
17.Apple Valley
18.Lakeville South
19.Grand Rapids
20.Bloomington Jefferson

From what I have seen and read.
gohawk4

Post by gohawk4 »

Newest LPH rankings

1 WAYZATA BLUE
2 Duluth East
3 Burnsville
4 Sauk Rapids
5 Edina Green
6 Eagan Blue
7 Osseo/Maple Grove
8 Eden Prairie
9 Edina White
10 Moorhead
11 Wayzata Gold
12 Minnetonka
13 Elk River
14 Apple Valley
15 Stillwater
16 Lakeville South
17 Woodbury Blue
18 White Bear Black
19 Blooming. Jefferson
20 Woodbury White

Thoughts?

I think they look pretty good as any team in the top 20 or so can beat any other team up there.
Who else?

1/29 LPH Rankings...

Post by Who else? »

Flip-flop Eagan Blue (0 'significant' wins since mid november) with Wayzata Gold and I think LPH will be very close.

PS - I'm in no way associated with Wayzata.
gohawk4

Post by gohawk4 »

Who else, I would agree, but Wayzata tied Hopkins the other day. Bad ties and losses will kill a teams ranking.
Who else?

gohawk

Post by Who else? »

Hawk... the Hopkins loss was a big consideration of mine too, but all these teams have had their 'brain fart' losses at some point. Some have had more than others and should be ranked accordingly. Just wanted to give them their props... as much as I love to hate 'em ;-)
Daulton911

Post by Daulton911 »

district 10 bantams ?
Last edited by Daulton911 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
danglez

Post by danglez »

No Rochester Red? Hmmmm... :roll:

Winning two straight tourneys and just recently beating Apple Valley 5-2 and earlier beating lakeville south 6-2?
i am mr.Cocky

Post by i am mr.Cocky »

danglez is proubly a player or parent of rochester red
noConsistancy

Post by noConsistancy »

now apple valley has beaten eden prairie twice...
so why do people think EP should be ranked so high ?
noConsistancy

Post by noConsistancy »

they certainly were opportunistic....
getting spanked 2-0 and outshot by a large margin
then Rochester scored 4 goals on 12 shots + empty net goal...
Rochester had good legs - both teams were playing the 2nd game
of the day - two days in a row....
I liked the way rochester passed it around - but i sure thought
it was just 1 line - and the other lines just iced the puck...

danglez wrote:No Rochester Red? Hmmmm... :roll:

Winning two straight tourneys and just recently beating Apple Valley 5-2 and earlier beating lakeville south 6-2?
noConsistancy

Re: 1/29 LPH Rankings...

Post by noConsistancy »

Eagan Blue has 1 of the top "B" players in the whole league
#6 - no idea of his name
but he scores alot of the goals for Eagan...
he can play against any of the teams including Wayzata Blue
as he surely should have been on the A team....

Who else? wrote:Flip-flop Eagan Blue (0 'significant' wins since mid november) with Wayzata Gold and I think LPH will be very close.

PS - I'm in no way associated with Wayzata.
Cake eater

Post by Cake eater »

gohawk4 wrote:Sauk Rapids only has one loss, to Eagan. They beat OMG the other day in the St. Cloud tournament. If you don't ever lose it doesn't matter who you play. They have the one loss early in the season. After #1 you can argue almost any position.
I think the rankings are good but I heard bville beat wayzata gold 8 to 3 and wayzata gold tied wayzata bluetied wayzata gold Burnsville seems to beat strong tams when wayzata blue doesn't
Cake eater

Re: Bantam B rankings?

Post by Cake eater »

danglez wrote:Do you agree? Heres the most recent ranknigs from LPH

1. Wayzata blue
2. Minnetonka
3. Burnsville
4. Edina Green
5. Osseo/ Maple grove
6. Duluth East
7. Wayzata Gold
8. Moorhead
9. Eagan Blue
10. Stillwater
11. Woodbury Blue
12. Bloomington Jeferson
13. Lakeville South
I think that the rankings are good but burnsville beat wayzata gold 8 to3 and wayzata gold tied wayzata blue
14. Sauk Rapids
15. Edina White
16. White Bear Orange
17. Tartan
18. Centennial Red
19. Eden Praire
20. Forest Lake
gohawk4

Post by gohawk4 »

Cake eater wrote:
gohawk4 wrote:Sauk Rapids only has one loss, to Eagan. They beat OMG the other day in the St. Cloud tournament. If you don't ever lose it doesn't matter who you play. They have the one loss early in the season. After #1 you can argue almost any position.
I think the rankings are good but I heard bville beat wayzata gold 8 to 3 and wayzata gold tied wayzata bluetied wayzata gold Burnsville seems to beat strong tams when wayzata blue doesn't
Wayzata has beat #2 Duluth East twice. That is beating a strong team. They have also beat, Eden Prairie three times, Thunder Bay, Minnetonka, Eagan Blue. These teams all beat or tied Burnsville. You can't look at one game and say well we beat that team and they beat that team, therefore, we are better. There are off games and some teams play with more intensity in certain games. Wayzata Blue has 1 loss and 1 tie. There loss is to Sauk Rapids, who only has 2 losses. Their tie is to Wayzata Gold.

Both these teams are very good and I wouldn't want to play either one come playoff time, but I think you are wrong to look at 2 games and decide who is the best team in state.
D8hockeyrules

Post by D8hockeyrules »

Eagan Blue 2
Burnsville 1
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

gohawk4 wrote:1 WAYZATA BLUE- Unbeaten, Easy choice for 1
2 Duluth East- Solid team. Get another chance at Wayzata this weekend.
3 Burnsville- Haven't seen them play, seem to be inconsistent.
4 Edina Green- Have similar problems as Burnsville with consistency.
5 Eagan Blue- I think this is high for this team. Should be abou
6 Moorhead- Their Tourny this weekend will show where this team belongs.
7 Osseo/Maple Grove- Solid team if they could put the puck in the net.
8 Minnetonka- I have liked this team when I have watched them, but they seem to lose games they shouldn't.
9 Wayzata Gold- When their intensity is high they are hard to beat. When it is low, they are just OK.
10 Edina White- Another team that I believe is too high. Tournaments prove this when they are 6-5.
11 Eden Prairie- Better team than ranked. Keep meeting Wayzata Blue in tournaments.
12 Elk River- Fell off radar with early losses to Blaine and OMG, but have rebounded nicely since Hopkins tourny and losing to Wayzata Navy.
13 Sauk Rapids- Dark horse. I wouldn't want to play them and have a lot to prove this weekend in Moorhead.
14 Apple Valley- Get benefit from playing in D6, but too many loses and ties to be this high in my book.15 Lakeville South- Decent wins, but some bad loss to IGH and twice shutout by AV. Also tied winona and Hastings.
16 Blooming. Jefferson- OVERATED. Due to being in D6, but too close to .500 and biggest win is Eagan, who is also overrated.
17 Stillwater- Haven't seen play and therefore will not say anything, but 4th in district, where leader is #19 Tartan.
18 Woodbury Blue- Both Woodbury teams are good when they work hard, but both are easy wins if they don't.
19 Tartan- haven't seen them but are ahead of Stillwater in standings.
20 Woodbury White- Look at 18.
Apple Valley is rated high because of this:

2-1 W over #11 Eden Prairie
6-1 W over #15 Lakeville South
2-3 L vs. #5 Eagan Blue
7-0 W over #17 Stillwater
2-2 T vs. #20 or #18 Woodbury (didn't say which one)
1-1 T vs. #16 Jefferson
3-0 W over #16 Jefferson
3-0 W over #15 Lakeville South
4-0 W over #15 Lakeville South
1-2 L vs. #7 OMG
4-2 W over #11 Eden Prairie
2-2 T vs. #4 Edina Green
2-3 L vs. #4 Edina Green
4-3 W over #12 Elk River
5-3 W over #16 Jefferson
3-3 T vs. #10 Edina White
2-1 W over #3 Burnsville

They have some other losses vs. ranked teams but just some games to justify the ranking.
Cake eater

Post by Cake eater »

D8hockeyrules wrote:Eagan Blue 2
Burnsville 1
I heard Burnsville had an off game but
Eagan blue is a really strong team
Who else?

correction...

Post by Who else? »

Hockeyjunk... correction to your scores:
1-2L to OMG was their BB2 (orange) team, not the #7 team.
hockeyjunkie2

Re: correction...

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

Who else? wrote:Hockeyjunk... correction to your scores:
1-2L to OMG was their BB2 (orange) team, not the #7 team.
Sorry, didn't know was just going off of what was on their website. Thanks for the correction.