I.Falls at Roseau 2/17

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

northfan

Post by northfan »

Of course its a joke when the refs kid is playing.
Green and White Fan

penalties

Post by Green and White Fan »

I realize this game is long over, but take a look at the stats for the year. I. Falls has far more penalties in games than they receive powerplays. That would mean they get jobbed by the officials nearly every game they play. That must really stink for a team to play so cleanly all the time and then get hosed by the officials. I can see why they are mad!!
hockeyfan95

Post by hockeyfan95 »

green and white: i can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious.
Green and White Fan

I guess I have to work harder on my sarcasm! :twisted:
toothpick25

Post by toothpick25 »

Very well said northfan. I have been to a couple games up in roseau and even the good teams that were out playing roseau were still being called for bs calls and none for roseau. Sometimes its the opposite but very unlikely when you play them at home.
toothpick25

Post by toothpick25 »

Very well said northfan. I have been to a couple games up in roseau and even the good teams that were out playing roseau were still being called for bs calls and none for roseau. Sometimes its the opposite but very unlikely when you play them at home.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

I noticed the horse crap reffing for the second Warrado Roso game this year in Roso. A couple of blown offsides called, one resulted in a goal. Also a bad interference call that wasn't called and a Roso had 6 players on the ice for about 5 seconds without getting a call and that resulted in their second goal. Refs are horrible up there. Thank God Warroad is just too darn talented to be held back like that.
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

warriors41 wrote:I noticed the horse crap reffing for the second Warrado Roso game this year in Roso. A couple of blown offsides called, one resulted in a goal. Also a bad interference call that wasn't called and a Roso had 6 players on the ice for about 5 seconds without getting a call and that resulted in their second goal. Refs are horrible up there. Thank God Warroad is just too darn talented to be held back like that.
The Roseau refs are homers. They learned it by watching the masters over in Warroad. I expect the Rams to get the treatment Friday in GR. Worst homer job I ever saw was there.

I do think with state tourney seedings every game is more important. I think it's time to have refs brought in for every game.
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

i know one of the refs that did this game personaly. (hes not even from roseau) he told me that hes done many many games in his life and the ifalls fans and players rank right up their with the worst he has seen yet. players swearing at the refs parents and fans swearing at refs. fans giving players the finger it was horriable. so if your on here running your mouth on ifalls behalf just remember what your supporting with your efforts. look at the situation and think about it. i dont care how bad you feel it is their is no excuse what so ever for that type of behavior at a hockey game period.
2nd string

Post by 2nd string »

I just read this whole post, wow falls I do believe the reffing was terrible but it went both ways. The dad of the player is a terrible ref always has been. Let get to the root of the problem. The person who hires these guys needs to take a serious look at their rankings. (the refs ranking) i Believe that no ref should be from a home town. That would solve alot of problems.
Green and White Fan

I just talked to some people from Ely and they are really ticked off about the homer job they got playing in Bronco arena. 12 goals against them were actually off-sides and 7 were because of horrible penalty calls. I guess the homering happens everywhere. :wink:
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

i agree 2nd string. i was not at the game and im not saying it was or was not a homer job my whole point on this subject is the behavior issue by adults.
14hockey

Post by 14hockey »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
warriors41 wrote:I noticed the horse crap reffing for the second Warrado Roso game this year in Roso. A couple of blown offsides called, one resulted in a goal. Also a bad interference call that wasn't called and a Roso had 6 players on the ice for about 5 seconds without getting a call and that resulted in their second goal. Refs are horrible up there. Thank God Warroad is just too darn talented to be held back like that.
The Roseau refs are homers. They learned it by watching the masters over in Warroad. I expect the Rams to get the treatment Friday in GR. Worst homer job I ever saw was there.

I do think with state tourney seedings every game is more important. I think it's time to have refs brought in for every game.
In my opinion im pretty sure the refs always go against GR at home! Although i would to with the amount of yelling coming from the coaches
bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 »

Are you kidding me a ref that is a players Dad. No conflict of interest there. Should never happen in any sporting event. Ely homered in the Falls. Give me a break. 12 offsides, yea right. It would have been a close game if they wouldn't have gotten homered they lost 19-rip. For all of our section and conferemce games the refs are from the range. As for being outplayed. It's hard to play even when your always 1 man short. I think Roseau should just serve the booze right at the game. Real good planning there, the Legion across from the arena.
Nonamer

funny

Post by Nonamer »

Green and White Fan, that there was a funny thing to say - I don't care where yer' from!!
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

bronco2828 wrote: Real good planning there, the Legion across from the arena.
:?: Is this the first complaint in history about this arrangement? Ban Him.
Green and White Fan

Hey Bronco 2828, "Here's your sign!!!!" 8)
myhockey

Post by myhockey »

This thread is ridiculous....The Falls people are upset they got there butts handed to them by a team that is suppose to be weak this year. If all of you think it is so easy put the stripes on and go out and see how easy it really is.
bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 »

Summed up my original reply. How many posts would say, "Just mad because you lost and blaming it on the refs". Not saying reffing is easy, but if you're so poor at it don't do it. I would never ref a son's game. Nice reply green and white.
THAWKS09

Poorest Refs Ever!!!!!

Post by THAWKS09 »

I traveled up to Roseau to watch what I thought would be a good game. I wanted to see the Rams in person before we played them on Friday. I cannot believe what I saw. I have no love for I. Falls but I have to stand up for them in this case. The referees were terrible, they swore at the crowd, they swore at the players, they swore at the coaches, they physically man handled Falls players and let Rams players skate away from on ice incidents. 9 minutes of a 51 minute game were played 5 on 5, the falls could not even touch a rams player and a penalty was called. Baumgartner a ref on the ice has a boy on the roseau team-- I could not believe administration would allow this- The Falls players, coaches and fans have the right to upset and vocal. I would like a tape of the game sent to the MSHSL-- the refs should be banned. Thank goodness we are not traveling to Roseau- can you say "HOMER"
wishock

Post by wishock »

I heard that Coach Oliver was asked about the reffing and fans at the Falls game on the pregame show from Grand Rapids last night on MSBN. I missed it and was wondering what his comments were.
stillwildinIL

Re: Poorest Refs Ever!!!!!

Post by stillwildinIL »

THAWKS09 wrote:I traveled up to Roseau to watch what I thought would be a good game. I wanted to see the Rams in person before we played them on Friday. I cannot believe what I saw. I have no love for I. Falls but I have to stand up for them in this case. The referees were terrible, they swore at the crowd, they swore at the players, they swore at the coaches, they physically man handled Falls players and let Rams players skate away from on ice incidents. 9 minutes of a 51 minute game were played 5 on 5, the falls could not even touch a rams player and a penalty was called. Baumgartner a ref on the ice has a boy on the roseau team-- I could not believe administration would allow this- The Falls players, coaches and fans have the right to upset and vocal. I would like a tape of the game sent to the MSHSL-- the refs should be banned. Thank goodness we are not traveling to Roseau- can you say "HOMER"
It looks like you guys could have used some "HOMER" reffs the other night
WiKKeD1

Post by WiKKeD1 »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
bronco2828 wrote: Real good planning there, the Legion across from the arena.
:?: Is this the first complaint in history about this arrangement? Ban Him.
:lol: :lol:
kohl2008

Post by kohl2008 »

There are to many of you pised of people being ad cuz u think i falls was treated unfaily, u ever sop to think about y maybe they were called so many times, look at the out come of the score they obvously couldnt stop roseau from scoring, i ws at the game and the refs werent the best but i falls was being out played and playing sluggish, roseau was called 11 times and i falls 15 times, so bad on both sides, look at the facts and think before you get pissed off for no reason huh!!!