Who's going to State out of section 8AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

toothpick25

Post by toothpick25 »

who is tech? so they tied both tems doesnt mean anything. Just wondering who has tech played that makes them so good? Spuds and Roseau have had a much harder schedule than tech.
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

puckluck19 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
sachishi4 wrote:st cloud tech in the shocker!
That'll be a sad day for section 8AA.

Tech is not good.
hey zenmaster- Tech tied both teams. Proving if they play well they are as good. I don't know that they will play well as they are very inconsistent. They are good enough to stick with the holy cathedral team. :wink:

-Ryan Zenner
Who is Ryan Zenner?
HOUNDS
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

He used to be a goalie in the st. cloud area. way back in the day. That was just a little tribute to him
defense

Re: Who's going to State out of section 8AA

Post by defense »

Dean_O66 wrote:I'm Just wondering what people's thoughts are about who they believe we will see at the state tournament in March?
Northern Lakes.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

puckluck19 wrote:He used to be a goalie in the st. cloud area. way back in the day. That was just a little tribute to him
My records show that no Ryan Zenner has ever come through any St. Cloud system.

You might wanna check your facts.
The U invented swagger.
gunnerstahl

Post by gunnerstahl »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
puckluck19 wrote:He used to be a goalie in the st. cloud area. way back in the day. That was just a little tribute to him

ryne zenner aka goldy gopher graduated from apollo high school and hates tech.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

gunnerstahl wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:

ryne zenner aka goldy gopher graduated from apollo high school and hates tech.
I don't hate Tech, based on games like Fergus Falls, Little Falls, Sartell and Alex, I don't think that they are even close to being good enough to win the section. Can you blame me for thinking that?

EDIT
Spelling
The U invented swagger.
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

SPUDNUT wrote:
toothpick25 wrote:Really Bro? They lost in the past to a team with amazing goaltending last time with the name city spud guy? Where is the faith man or should you change your name to rams fan I have every right to opinion just like you so when I say something don't disrespect my opinion we will see what happens my opinion is rams aren't what they used to be is that okay with you spud guy? Or do I not no what I'm talking about? Spuds will take 8AA section

HUH ?

Almost that whole thing is one long, rambling sentence ! Ever heard what a period & comma are for ?
Haha I'm glad someone commented on this incoherent nonsense that was all just a run of garbage that I couldn't understand it had no punctuation such as periods or commas or other things like that that are essential to sentences which is probably why it didn't make sense to me but I agree that Moorhead will come out on top of this section this year because Roseau is a completely different team and they don't have what it takes this year do you know what I mean bro?
SPUDHOCKEY

Post by SPUDHOCKEY »

Roseau Rams.
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

SPUDHOCKEY wrote:Roseau Rams.
Anyone else find some irony in this post given this guy's name?
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

SPUDHOCKEY wrote:Roseau Rams.
Are you trying to jinx the all-mighty Rams? :shock: :shock:
HOUNDS
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

TheNightman wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:
toothpick25 wrote:Really Bro? They lost in the past to a team with amazing goaltending last time with the name city spud guy? Where is the faith man or should you change your name to rams fan I have every right to opinion just like you so when I say something don't disrespect my opinion we will see what happens my opinion is rams aren't what they used to be is that okay with you spud guy? Or do I not no what I'm talking about? Spuds will take 8AA section

HUH ?

Almost that whole thing is one long, rambling sentence ! Ever heard what a period & comma are for ?
Haha I'm glad someone commented on this incoherent nonsense that was all just a run of garbage that I couldn't understand it had no punctuation such as periods or commas or other things like that that are essential to sentences which is probably why it didn't make sense to me but I agree that Moorhead will come out on top of this section this year because Roseau is a completely different team and they don't have what it takes this year do you know what I mean bro?

Well said ! (I think) Did you do all that in one breath ?
Dean_O66

Post by Dean_O66 »

SPUDNUT why dont we grow up and let it be i dont know? just a thought i remember when i was 40 and acted like i was 5!!
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Dean_O66 wrote:SPUDNUT why dont we grow up and let it be i dont know? just a thought i remember when i was 40 and acted like i was 5!!

I remember that too - It was just last year (& you're still doing it) !
kohl2008

Post by kohl2008 »

I hope roseau comes out on top, but every one knows it's not going to be any east task to accomplish what so ever. In 07 like it was said before moorhead simply dominated roseau the first 2 meetings and when it came down to it, roseau came to play and just wnated it more and took a very well played game by both teams. In 08 roseau was the best team in the sate and surely showed it all 3 games but this year, moorhead came to the memorial and clearly whooped ass, played great offensly and defensivly and kept roseau on their heels all night. Its very hard to beat a team 3 times in a row but it happens like roseau did to moorhead last year and considering how roseau came down into the spuds arena a few weeks ago and showed they can surely keep up and play just as good if not better than moorhead but roseau ended up on the short end of the deal. I think every one knows that the section champ. game will be a great fight to the death and who ever comes out on top deserves every bit of it, but my vote goes out to roseau!!
Potatohead9

who really cares?

Post by Potatohead9 »

This year is wide open in section 8AA. Moorhead, Roseau, Tech, Brainerd all seem to have a chance. Yes some teams play tough schedules, some teams played well against each other, all seem to have played inconsistant throughout the year. With section semi-finals in St. Cloud I could see an upset. I assume it will be Moorhead v. Roseau in TRF for the Final. But does it really matter? You might be Section 8AA champs but what are the odds you do anything at state? Moorhead lost all three in the Schwanns cup this past Christmas..... Not too sure I want to see a repeat performance. I support Spud Hockey, will be at the Mini Ralph if the spuds are!
Thats Mr. Potatohead to you!
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

I'm pulling for Tech just so the coach can take his team to the X and then sit those that had parents who tried to get him fired. In fact, he should just not take some of those kids with the team. THAT WOULD MAKE MY DAY! I've become a Tech fan.. who wudda thunk it possible?

In all honesty, I don't really know who will pull it off.
adamp1914

Rams

Post by adamp1914 »

Rams over Spuds in a close one.

Anyone who knows anything about rivalries or sports in general knows that it's extremely unlikely and extremely unporbable for one very good team to beat another very good team, especially if they are rivals, 3 times in the same season.
SPUDNUT

Re: Rams

Post by SPUDNUT »

adamp1914 wrote:Rams over Spuds in a close one.

Anyone who knows anything about rivalries or sports in general knows that it's extremely unlikely and extremely unporbable for one very good team to beat another very good team, especially if they are rivals, 3 times in the same season.

Taters did it to the Rams in 2000-01, 01-02, 03-04, 04-05 and 06-07. Don't think that's extremely un-anything.
black sheep

Post by black sheep »

SPUDNUT wrote:

Taters did it to the Rams in 2000-01, 01-02, 03-04, 04-05 and 06-07. Don't think that's extremely un-anything.
Where have I been...i missed this post...ewe

I say this is the Spuds for the taking...although they have not had a typical "spud year" so far, I think they will continue their tradition of going to state and losing... :evil:

This Ram team is not a comparison to 2007 where they lost their ONLY two games to MHS. This team can lose to anyone...But they have shown flashes. So who nows.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

black sheep wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:

I say this is the Spuds for the taking...although they have not had a typical "spud year" so far, I think they will continue their tradition of going to state and losing... :evil:

This Ram team is not a comparison to 2007 where they lost their ONLY two games to MHS. This team can lose to anyone...But they have shown flashes. So who nows.
Don't think anyone from 8AA will do much in St Paul this yr.
black sheep

Post by black sheep »

SPUDNUT wrote:
black sheep wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:

Don't think anyone from 8AA will do much in St Paul this yr.
I agree...very unlikely tradition plays out...RHS winning it all or MHS winning RU... :twisted:
kohl2008

Post by kohl2008 »

Hey spud nut, that post of them season that the spuds beat roseau all 3 times, in 06-07 rams i beleive won state if im not mistaken so that was a misprint on ur part, right!!
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

kohl2008 wrote:Hey spud nut, that post of them season that the spuds beat roseau all 3 times, in 06-07 rams i beleive won state if im not mistaken so that was a misprint on ur part, right!!
That's what I was thinking.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

kohl2008 wrote:Hey spud nut, that post of them season that the spuds beat roseau all 3 times, in 06-07 rams i beleive won state if im not mistaken so that was a misprint on ur part, right!!
Yup, you're right. How'd I do that ? I'm ashamed of me. Apologies to all Sheep fans everywhere.

(4 out of 5 isn't bad. tho)