Section 6A Final Little Falls vs. Alexandria 3/4/09

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins this one to go to the Dance??

Poll ended at Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:51 am

Little Falls
62%
Alexandria
38%

Total votes: 92

teko11

Post by teko11 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
theblandyman wrote:
sticks wrote: Alex is NOT more skilled than LF at ANY position. Enough said about that.
From a completely unbiased source that has seen each team play at least five times this year...Alex definitely is better in the goaltending position...one who doesn't think that is completely off base with reality.

Goldy is happy that someone else is on the same page with him.
For God's sake son. Quit referring to yourself in the third person.
number56

Post by number56 »

Anybody who's not in the central MN area and wants to hear this game (like myself), I'm pretty sure it is being streamed online through KLTF: LINK
fresh25

Post by fresh25 »

[quote="teko11"][quote="Goldy Gopher"][quote="theblandyman"][quote="sticks"]
Alex is NOT more skilled than LF at ANY position. Enough said about that.

[/quote]

From a completely unbiased source that has seen each team play at least five times this year...Alex definitely is better in the goaltending position...one who doesn't think that is completely off base with reality.[/quote]

Goldy is happy that someone else is on the same page with him.[/quote]

For God's sake son. Quit referring to yourself in the third person.[/quote]

I agree with teko here, fresh thinks you need to stop acting like a tool and talk normal
$t0n3WaLL3021

Post by $t0n3WaLL3021 »

sticks wrote:
MNCHAMPS wrote:WOW i dont know what to say little falls has alot of fire power meaning HANO you are right!! they have alot of decent players.. Alex is more skilled in every other position than LF besides when ben is on the ice
Alex is NOT more skilled than LF at ANY position. Enough said about that.

And it doesn't matter-----past history, strength of schedule, any of that.

Alex has a real good chance to knock them off.

It's one game-------all that matters is tonight.
Wow, good call on that one...NOT. Sperl is nothing compared to hemmingway. But good try sticks.
joester

Post by joester »

When does this game start????
fresh25

Post by fresh25 »

its already started, it is 1-1 in the 1st period
fan4life

Post by fan4life »

Vangsness is out the rest of the game due to an injury. With the 10min misconduct to Resch, things aren't looking good for the Cards. Still it's only 1-1 and two periods to go. A lot can happen...
fan4life

Post by fan4life »

Flyers win in OT 3-2.

Hemmingway played very well. A lot of LF's shots were from the perimeter and the point which points to a good job by the Cardinal's defensive corps.

It's too bad that one of these two teams missed out on the state tournament. This was a very good game by both teams.
The Vet

Post by The Vet »

LF wins 3-2 OT. It was a game that was expected. wow. Congrats to my boys!!!!!!
FargoBones

Post by FargoBones »

Good Job Boys See You At The X!
EZgoalscorer

Post by EZgoalscorer »

Congrats to Little Falls and to Alexandria on great seasons to bad only one can win. Good Luck at State Flyers, take care of business :wink:
mnwild09

Post by mnwild09 »

EZgoalscorer wrote:Congrats to Little Falls and to Alexandria on great seasons to bad only one can win. Good Luck at State Flyers, take care of business :wink:
Easily one of the best games I have ever experienced. For those who weren't there or didn't listen you probably missed out on the best section final of the year.

Alex went up 1-0 early, then LF scored to tie it up 1-1 after 1.
LF then gave up a short handed goal in the second (ugly) and the 2nd period ended 2-1 Alex.
3rd period was MUCH cleaner for all involved, way fewer penalties and better play. Hanowski ripped a beautiful goal over Hemmingway's reach to tie it up 2-2 and send it to overtime.

About 3 minutes in a collision at center ice popped the puck from an Alex rush to Riley Hirsh with a 2 on 1 toward Hemmingway. Hirsh passed the puck across to Waytashek who fired it in past Hemmingway.

It was a ridiculously tense game but easily the best section final of the year in my mind. Congrats to both teams on an excellent game! I can't wait to watch LF at state!
Bigfan

Post by Bigfan »

Great game!!!!! I damn near had a heart attack, Little Falls did it!
Congrats. Little Falls, you earned this now let's finish buisness.
Can you say state champs.
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

mnwild09 wrote:
EZgoalscorer wrote:Congrats to Little Falls and to Alexandria on great seasons to bad only one can win. Good Luck at State Flyers, take care of business :wink:
Easily one of the best games I have ever experienced. For those who weren't there or didn't listen you probably missed out on the best section final of the year.

LF then gave up a short handed goal in the second (ugly) and the 2nd period ended 2-1 Alex.
3rd period was MUCH cleaner for all involved, way fewer penalties and better play. Hanowski ripped a beautiful goal over Hemmingway's reach to tie it up 2-2 and send it to overtime.

About 3 minutes in a collision at center ice popped the puck from an Alex rush to Riley Hirsh with a 2 on 1 toward Hemmingway. Hirsh passed the puck across to Waytashek who fired it in past Hemmingway.

It was a ridiculously tense game but easily the best section final of the year in my mind. Congrats to both teams on an excellent game! I can't wait to watch LF at state!
Great game, and I was happy that Wesley got the game winner. In my mind player of the game again in the section final. I give Alex a =D> . Thanks for a great game from both teams. Go get Flyers and keep flying high and make this the year to remember.
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
Camden

Post by Camden »

That 3rd period was amazing. Alex had the puck inches from going in with just a few minutes left. I still can't believe they didn't score right there.

I thought LF played a much more physical game but Alex seemed to be unfazed by it.

Both teams played well and deserved to win.
shins

Post by shins »

WOW!!! What a great game. Alex plays some excellent defense and really limited the quality scoring chances for the Flyers. I think the shots ended up 40-25 in favor of LF.

Two huge moments.... when the Alex player (shorthanded) beat two flatfooted defensemen and scored for a 2-1 lead, and then at the end of the second where the Flyers killed off a 5-3. Little Falls controlled play and really dominated that second period but were outscored 1-0.

Little Falls definitely deserved it, but Alex is quite deserving of a trip to the X also.... 5 loses (4 by a goal on the other by 2) to 3 teams that are all heading down to St Paul Next week. I think this helps to get the Flyers a little more battle tested for next week.

Congrats Cards and Flyers
SCSUHOCKEYFAN15

WOW

Post by SCSUHOCKEYFAN15 »

All I can say is that was a crazy awesome game! :shock: Just about had a heart attack! Congrats Little Falls Good luck at state!!

To all Cardinal players and Fans, You guys are a great team, very classy bunch! Hemingway is great and it is to bad you guys will not be down at the X because you deserve to be there as well!!

WOW WHAT A GAME!
scarface

congrats

Post by scarface »

Congrats to the Flyers on a perfect season so far! Didn't make the game due to business travel but sounds like it lived up to the hype!

Congrats to the Cards on a great year. LF finish the job at the X and shut up all those naysayers! You deserve to hang that Championship banner!
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

GopherPuckPlayer wrote:
mnwild09 wrote:

Great game, and I was happy that Wesley got the game winner. In my mind player of the game again in the section final. I give Alex a =D> . Thanks for a great game from both teams. Go get Flyers and keep flying high and make this the year to remember.
I disagree. I think Wesley had a great game, but I would give the puck to Hirsch. W/o his two feeds to Hanowski and Waytashek, the Cards are going to the X.

My take on the game? I thought shins recapped it pretty well. The only period I thought the Flyers outplayed the Cards was the 2nd.....and they lost that period. The other periods were pretty even and that the Cards may have had better scoring opportunities. I thought it was the Cards game to lose in OT. I thought they had fresher legs going into OT. I was prepared to come on here and eat my words. In a way, I am anyways. The Cards have a very good team with a lot of heart. I feel bad for Hemmingway not getting a crack at the X.

And finally, I think the Flyers need to quit relying too much on Ben. It looked to me like they were all waiting for him to do something. You guys have a lot of talent! Use it!
HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves »

wow...did LF get lucky or what? the shots might not say so for the game, but they were definately outplayed....LF got a first weak cheasey goal that alex' defenseman should have knocked out of the crease....very nice phantom assist Hanowski got...he may have shot the puck, but it was touched by alex goalie and alex defenseman before the LF player knocked it in...i see how he gets so many assists now...especially with biased scorers up in LF. anyway...they LF will have a rude awakening at the X if they play like this again, and how they played against fergus. they deserve the 4th seed i woudl say for the the state tourney.
shins

Post by shins »

HasNoMoves wrote:....LF got a first weak cheasey goal that alex' defenseman should have knocked out of the crease....very nice phantom assist Hanowski got...he may have shot the puck, but it was touched by alex goalie and alex defenseman before the LF player knocked it in...i see how he gets so many assists now....
Not sure what you were watching?? The goal came after Hanowskis shot trickled through Hemmingway and was sitting behind him by the goal line.... Wesley came in from the side and knocked it in. Hard to tell if it would have made it in on its own or not

As far as being being outplayed, the first and third were very even, but the second period seemed like a Little Falls powerplay. They held the puck in the Alex zone for almost the first 5 minutes... Alex scored on their first shot of the period, and made up some ground with a 3 and a half minute 5x3. The shots ended up 40-25 and the quality scoring chances were in favor of LF by a few.

Alex was a fantastic team, but LF was just a bit better.... your whining and sour grapes are a bit sad
sticks

Post by sticks »

HasNoMoves wrote:wow...did LF get lucky or what? the shots might not say so for the game, but they were definately outplayed....LF got a first weak cheasey goal that alex' defenseman should have knocked out of the crease....very nice phantom assist Hanowski got...he may have shot the puck, but it was touched by alex goalie and alex defenseman before the LF player knocked it in...i see how he gets so many assists now...especially with biased scorers up in LF. anyway...they LF will have a rude awakening at the X if they play like this again, and how they played against fergus. they deserve the 4th seed i woudl say for the the state tourney.
You must be a 3rd grader. Go sit in the corner and cry about it some more.
Hockisgreat

Post by Hockisgreat »

sticks wrote:
HasNoMoves wrote:wow...did LF get lucky or what? the shots might not say so for the game, but they were definately outplayed....LF got a first weak cheasey goal that alex' defenseman should have knocked out of the crease....very nice phantom assist Hanowski got...he may have shot the puck, but it was touched by alex goalie and alex defenseman before the LF player knocked it in...i see how he gets so many assists now...especially with biased scorers up in LF. anyway...they LF will have a rude awakening at the X if they play like this again, and how they played against fergus. they deserve the 4th seed i woudl say for the the state tourney.
You must be a 3rd grader. Go sit in the corner and cry about it some more.
With respect to all hockey fans/coaches/players who have given thoughts as to this game, I think that Little Falls and Alex should be applauded for making this one of the best Section games in the State. With respect to other teams in the Section these 2 teams were #1 and #2 during the season and were figured to end up playing each other in last nights game and what a wonderful game it was. I know that people think this is a weak section but when you have 2 very good caliber teams working to make it to State I believe that it does look good for Section 6. In regards to Little Falls not having a tough schedule, I believe that it is very hard for any team in the state to not lose even 1 game in which LF had many games where there was possibilities and LF work hard to make it a win. This is not LUCK. These boys that have worked together for many years, they deserve to looked at as a very good HS Hockey team. #1, 2 3, or 4 or not even in the top ten this does not matter, it's what they bring to the ice game in and game out. They are a great bunch of boys and athletes. I do believe they have what it takes to take it all the way, but with the same, if it does not happen, you cannot take away what they have accomplished. I know that people have their perspectives but I this team plays the game with respect and they always work for the ultimate goal and they have accomplished part of them already this year and they do have 3 more games to get the final goal. I am a Flyer fan but a fan of this great game.
dirtkiller_97

Post by dirtkiller_97 »

a rude awakening? HasNoBrains These senior leaders have been to state 2-3 times. This will be Ben's 4th Time going I'm pretty sure they know whats down in St. Paul
xavieriser

Post by xavieriser »

dirtkiller_97 wrote:
a rude awakening? HasNoBrains These senior leaders have been to state 2-3 times. This will be Ben's 4th Time going I'm pretty sure they know whats down in St. Paul

HasNoMoves just contridicted himself. LF will get a rude awakening but they will be 4th seed? Nice way to end your rant of how "bad" LF is, Hanowski does not get all his points like that either and if you think he does then maybe you should have attended some more games over the past 4 years he has played.
GO FLYERS!