LETS GO HUTCH!!!!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

1HOCK1

LETS GO HUTCH!!!!

Post by 1HOCK1 »

Gona win it all..yeah....woooohooooo...........yeaaaahhhhhhh
teko11

Post by teko11 »

crickets..
low66

Post by low66 »

yeah alright go hutch...oh wait warroad first round dang better luck next year, lol
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

One game at a time :lol:
1HOCK1

Post by 1HOCK1 »

LETS GO SECTION 3! WOOOOOOOOOOOO
minnesotahockey218

Post by minnesotahockey218 »

one and done..............
pondhockey10

Post by pondhockey10 »

Actually in the state hockey tourny every team gets to play at least 2 games even hutch..............so 2 and done?
inthestands

Post by inthestands »

minnesotahockey218 wrote:one and done..............
There are a lot of teams that wish they had this chance for one...
Edger

Post by Edger »

Exactly, They are there, and they aren't giving up their spot.
And there are about 140 teams out there who would love to have it.
Just like Litch before them.
However it turns out, it's something they'll never forget. Great for them.
huville

Post by huville »

This is what I don't like about youth sports anymore.... all of the "everybody wins" nonsense. When I was a kid, everyone didn't get a medal at the end of each tournament. Only 1st and 2nd. I'm wondering why is it a good thing for these kids to go to St. Paul, stay in a hotel and get COMPLETELY smoked on tv in front of thousands of people??? What kind of memory is that???

This tournament should be the crown jewel of the state. The high school league should distribute teams in each section to guarantee a quality opponent at the tournament. This may help get more people to attend the 1st round of Class A games because there won't be any 7-1 games.

Nothing against Hutch, I think they have some good hockey players on their team, but when a team that finishes 4th in its conference can make it and the teams that are 2 and 3 have to fight it out in a brutal section and neither one can win it, doesn't make sense to me.
mn man

Post by mn man »

huville wrote:This is what I don't like about youth sports anymore.... all of the "everybody wins" nonsense. When I was a kid, everyone didn't get a medal at the end of each tournament. Only 1st and 2nd. I'm wondering why is it a good thing for these kids to go to St. Paul, stay in a hotel and get COMPLETELY smoked on tv in front of thousands of people??? What kind of memory is that???
Man, get rid of the burlap underwear or whatever is making you so grumpy
huville

Post by huville »

I'm sorry man, but this is what is making USA hockey weaker and weaker. This is the sort of thing that contributes to the USA never winning international competitions. Canadiens are not only born to play hockey, but they are bred to win at it. It is a failure for Canada to not win gold. But a great accomplishment for USA. You see what I'm talking about.

I just wish the high school league would make this something that is really a great memory. And yes, if some people don't get to experience it, then too bad. But thats what makes it great. Because only the best of the best get to be there.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

huville wrote:This is what I don't like about youth sports anymore.... all of the "everybody wins" nonsense. When I was a kid, everyone didn't get a medal at the end of each tournament. Only 1st and 2nd. I'm wondering why is it a good thing for these kids to go to St. Paul, stay in a hotel and get COMPLETELY smoked on tv in front of thousands of people??? What kind of memory is that???

This tournament should be the crown jewel of the state. The high school league should distribute teams in each section to guarantee a quality opponent at the tournament. This may help get more people to attend the 1st round of Class A games because there won't be any 7-1 games.

Nothing against Hutch, I think they have some good hockey players on their team, but when a team that finishes 4th in its conference can make it and the teams that are 2 and 3 have to fight it out in a brutal section and neither one can win it, doesn't make sense to me.
Maybe the #3 seed in AA Blaine Bengals shouldn't be there this year they got beat 8-2 by Roseau last year, obviously they weren't any good :roll:

How about the 2006 final, Grand Rapids really put up a fight in their 7-0 loss to Cretin, what a horrible experiance for those kids and boy that really has hurt attendance.

Oddly enough Warroad has drawn the 1A (when 1A went only as far East as I-35) or 3A 4 of the last 5 years.

Since 2005 7 games in class A have been decided by 6 goals or more, the 1A/3A winner has only been in 2 of them; this year and last years consolation game. Virginia has been in 1 and with probably another tonight, maybe 7A doesn't deserve a spot? Little Falls has been beaten by 6 or more 3 times, how are they ever allowed in a state tournament?
FightingSiouxForever

Post by FightingSiouxForever »

What is Hutch's record?
inthestands

Post by inthestands »

FightingSiouxForever wrote:What is Hutch's record?
That you B.J.?
TF681001

Post by TF681001 »

huville wrote:
This is what I don't like about youth sports anymore.... all of the "everybody wins" nonsense. When I was a kid, everyone didn't get a medal at the end of each tournament. Only 1st and 2nd. I'm wondering why is it a good thing for these kids to go to St. Paul, stay in a hotel and get COMPLETELY smoked on tv in front of thousands of people??? What kind of memory is that???

When did you play 1903, They'll get to tell their kids that they played at State, something that thousands of kids dream about doing, what do you think they're gonna say that they would have rather lost in sections than get smoked in state? lets be reasonable
alkali_27

Post by alkali_27 »

They distribute teams based on where they live not based on talent.. it just so happens that the teams in that area are not the strongest hockey players in the state.. could you imagine if they did it based on talent... it you would have people driving 4+ hours just to play a section game

By having the sections based on location it brings people from every part of the state to the state tournament instead of just having 7 metro teams and 1 iron range team every year, we are the state of hockey not the the metro area of hockey think about it logically before you just get mad at the mshl because your team lives in an area with stronger teams
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

Kids south of Hwy 12 and west of Hwy 169 are finding out that there is more to hockey than just what's in their own back yards. They are realizing that they need to step it up if they're going to compete on a state level. Youngsters in Litchfield, New Ulm, Willmar, Marshall, and even Hutchinson see what is possible if you work harder.

I don't think the 10 and 12 year olds from Hutch that watched the game in St Paul, and will watch the game in Minneapolis today, will go home remembering that their high school heroes lost 7-1; they'll remember that they went to state. Hopefully they'll stickhandle when they get home, not just to become as good as the hometown boys, but to become as good as Brock Nelson - better than Brock - so that when THEY get there, they'll show the whole state what they can accomplish.

It'd be great to see Luverne, Worthington, and Windom kids getting together in the spring and fall to skate with and against kids in Marshall and New Ulm. Stronger hockey in SW MN is GOOD for Minnesota hockey.
pondhockey10

Post by pondhockey10 »

Hutch with the upset wow im inmpressed i didnt think that they would win a game. . . did anyone see the game i didnt get to catch it?
southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout »

pondhockey10 wrote:Hutch with the upset wow im inmpressed i didnt think that they would win a game. . . did anyone see the game i didnt get to catch it?
Beat STA and lose to Hutchinson?????? I like it.
weatherthestorm

Post by weatherthestorm »

it just shows how bad they need Marshall..without him there is no team
look at the SCC game once he was done SCC took off and a huge disappointment losing to Hutch

congrats to hutch though :)
pondhockey10

Post by pondhockey10 »

I guess section 3a is not the worst section in the state after all? :roll: Suck to be Mahtomedi have fun watching the rest of the tourney from the stands.
RushnCircles

Post by RushnCircles »

pondhockey10 wrote:I guess section 3a is not the worst section in the state after all? :roll: Suck to be Mahtomedi have fun watching the rest of the tourney from the stands.

your right 3a doesnt blow and litchfeild, luverne, sleepy eye and worthington are all dominant forces
The Cup Weighs 35lbs...Except When Your Lifting It.
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Way too go Hutchinson; your community needed a boost with this recession.
Find the positives, working tiogether is the success.
How about the bragging that happened in 7A with there four ranked teams in the top 20? :-({|= :-({|= Opp’s, on the bus with 2 and OUT also. That looks like a bunch of bull and really needs to be in question?
FightingSiouxForever

Post by FightingSiouxForever »

inthestands wrote:
FightingSiouxForever wrote:What is Hutch's record?
That you B.J.?
BJ = who?! I'm an AHA fan loud and proud... I'm just curious to see what their record is. I've seen them play a bunch of times but get slaughtered everytime I want to say they lost 2-7 to the Stars at their last meeting and---so its a shocker to me that they're in the tournament.
So again, anyone know their record?