White Bear JGB Orange

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

StoppatchFairplayHelmets0

White Bear JGB Orange

Post by StoppatchFairplayHelmets0 »

Congratulations to the WBL JGB- Orange Team on their success this past weekend at STATE.

We received the mail below today. I wanted to share it with all of you. There is no doubt in my mind that this can be said of anyone of our Jr. Gold Teams in White Bear.

Once again congratulations to the B Orange Team. Thank you for representing the association as well as the community in such a positive and impressionable way.

On a secondary note, I just got back from the Minnesota Junior Gold hockey
tournament in Rochester. My two son's team finished 3rd and the White Bear
Lake team finished 2nd. I have to compliment the players and parents from
White Bear because they were nothing but courteous and supportive of all the
other players, parents and fans. I've long been a fan of White Bear's
hockey tradition and the way the students handled themselves is a testament
to the schools they come from. Well done Bear's!

I'll make sure Derry gets this to the top of his list.

Thank you,

Erik D. Schindler
CEO, President
Norcostco, Inc

The above text was copied from the White Bear website!!!

Thanks to the Coaches, it's because of them this team accomplished what no one would have expected at the beginning of the season. I'm not sure the kids no it yet.
I, as a parent of one of our players and newbie to JG hockey, I was rather dissapointed after my son didn't make JV hockey. As our season progressed though, I was thoroughly impressed with not only our team but many of the opponents. I think they could shake hands after games though. It's a much cleaner game than it once was.
As far as the Tourney goes...I seen the looks on their faces when walking out of the arena on Sunday but, give it a couple of weeks and they will start to understand what a great game they had played.
It was a "totallydominate" 3rd period by Lakeville :) and that was the difference.
State is an experience that all the teams will remember for quite awhile.

Good luck to all of your hockey futures and GO BEARS.
Last edited by StoppatchFairplayHelmets0 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

ya white beat orange was the best all around team we played, they where good, fast, physical, and didnt talk smack ever. Congrats on second. you where the funnest team to play for sure and made my experience that much better

(that penalty shot was legit i was standing next to the ref when the puck was covered by a player in the crease tho)
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

arrrrr. Patchy!
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

wbl was a very good team all year. they were a team that peaked at the right time. PLAYOFFS. most of the games that they lost, there were only a few, they outplayed the other team.
BestWestern

Positive Way?

Post by BestWestern »

I'm sure wbl orange was a good team on the ice, congrats for that, but they did not represent anyone back at the hotel, right away friday night they stole a wheelchair from a mayo clinic patient and rudely ignored the hotel manager when she tried to talk to them and ask them to stop.
There was a rumor they also rode a wheelchair into the pool.
They were rude and immature toward staff and other fans staying at the hotel. I was disappointed in the way they represented Junior Gold B as a whole, and I would be embarrassed if I were them.
A fan from another team wished them luck and as she got off the elevator they yelled down the hall, we don't need it. I wish them all the luck, and congratulate them for 2nd place, but they need to learn some respect and manners.
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

that just sounds like some good ol' fun to me.
ticklemeblink

Post by ticklemeblink »

lol
Tp10

Re: Positive Way?

Post by Tp10 »

BestWestern wrote:I'm sure wbl orange was a good team on the ice, congrats for that, but they did not represent anyone back at the hotel, right away friday night they stole a wheelchair from a mayo clinic patient and rudely ignored the hotel manager when she tried to talk to them and ask them to stop.
There was a rumor they also rode a wheelchair into the pool.
They were rude and immature toward staff and other fans staying at the hotel. I was disappointed in the way they represented Junior Gold B as a whole, and I would be embarrassed if I were them.
A fan from another team wished them luck and as she got off the elevator they yelled down the hall, we don't need it. I wish them all the luck, and congratulate them for 2nd place, but they need to learn some respect and manners.
yea ok we got a couple kids that are loud and are really wild, does that mean the whole team is disrespectful... no. I'm nice and curtious to everyone, I didn't disrupt the hotel at all, (maybe a little during the night we had the party room, but hey... i'm a 17 year old), I'm pretty sure i never mouth off to people, (except on the ice). just because of a few kids doesn't mean our team is disrespectful. when I came to the front desk a few times to ask to fill in the tournament brackets i'm pretty sure i was respectful. I don't mean to tattle-tail... but wbl wasn't the only "wild" team, hello...there was 3 hockey teams, 4 flippin volleyball teams.....and you only mention us out off all the other teams. cause ya know they were all perfect angels in your hotel. I don't mean to be a smart a s s to you by saying all this, but i'm just telling you first hand that you got a wrong impretion from our team. we are a very close team, and a very strong one. we try to have class on and off the ice. ps... sorry for the idiots who took the wheelchair. (don't ask me why they took it, I thought it was pretty dumb)