Top Jr. Gold B Teams

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Yamaha2

Top Jr. Gold B Teams

Post by Yamaha2 »

Just got a few comments for jr.gold b EAST division

Have heard a lot of talk about Way. gold, burnsville, and woodbury.. sure hope they can back it all up. Havent seen any west teams play.

All the forums are mostly about the WEST division so i thought i would start talk about the EAST.

Roseville has three good players and thats it. Number 15 20 and 10 make up there whole team. They are a physical team that i believe is the 4th best team in this division despite their record.

Rave is a good consistent team but plays off their game when playing a physical team. Control number 10 on this team and you have a major fighting chance. Play physical against this team and it takes them off their game. I believe this team is 3rd best in this division despite their record.

Just a note: Tartan beat BOTH these teams (Roseville (4 to 3) and Rave (3 to 1)) in the Albert Lea tournament last weekend to take 1st place.

Tartan has a solid team that i havent read much about on these forums. Ive watched them play and they have a solid four lines. There record in league play is 15-3-3 and they are over rave and roseville in standings yet still behind them in state standings? they may have lost to white bear black 4 to 3 in league play and buffalo 4 to 3 (Shootout loss) in their most recent tournament but everyone has there off games. I would be more concerned with this team and believe this is the best team in this division, agreeing with their record.

Whitebear Orange could be a factor if they wanted to but show up to play when they feel like it. A very physical team who takes alot of penalties. Dont retaliate to this team's fowl talk and you should be fine.

Centennial and Blaine were expected to be "state" material.. showing exactly the opposite as they are on the bottom half of the standings.

North St. Paul is probably the next best team in this divison past Tartan, though they are currently behind roseville in standings. They have a very quick team who can give problems to any team. Still play Tartan in a very important game which could change standings drastically. This is a dangerous team but CAN be beat.

Just wanted to post my un-biased views on the east. I am just a fan of the jr. gold level of hockey, not supporting any team. ANY COMMENTS, QUESTIONS?