JGB state contenders

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

red man rocket

JGB state contenders

Post by red man rocket »

as the season dwindles away like the wick of a burning candle, we contemplate who will poise victorious. MY opinion of wayzata gold being the champs may be unanimous like Iron Mike Tyson defeating Hector Mercedes for his first knockout. i would like to here YOUR insight on this page. Express the opinion that lies within yourself.
[imghttp://www.cyberboxingzone.com/images/tyson-mike-33.jpg[/img]
StoppatchFairplayHelmets0

Post by StoppatchFairplayHelmets0 »

Red Man...

The Metro League East looks like there are 7 contenders for 6 spots
# 1 Rave since they are playing the most consistent.
# 2 Tartan based on their record but had a let down against WBL Black. (probably won't finish this high since they take way to many penalties)
# 3 Roseville...slipping a little lately...will finish second when done.
# 4 NSP...They are the best... just ask them.
# 5 WBL Orange...not proving anything this year. Still looking for some leadership. They play when they want to.
# 6 WBL Black...Most improved team in the East...came to play against Tartan and came out on top. Tough schedule ahead (Rave, WBL Orange).
# 7 Centennial...Sorry...too many losses early in season to rebound. May fight someone for the #6 spot. Team needs to help their goalie more.

My Guess on the West...
# 1 Wayzata Gold...stacked team, no weaknesses.
# 2 Burnsville...They are the best...just ask them.
# 3 Edina Green...haven't seen them they just sound good.
# 4 Wayzata Blue...Show me something.
# 5 Eden Prairie Black...Nice team...could be more aggresive.
# 6 Wayzata Navy / Edina White...Battle it out for the last seed

District 8...
# 1 Woodbury
# 2 St Thomas

Who will emerge to go to State is up to the kids from each team. This list is for playoffs only. We all know that what happens in the Playdowns is about how you are playing then rather than how good you are.

There you guys, munch on that one for a while. :lol:
Last edited by StoppatchFairplayHelmets0 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBleedJGB12

Post by IBleedJGB12 »

Im callin Woodbury vs. Wayzata Gold in the finals for the championship.
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

i'm gonna go with Edina white over Wayzata navy for the 6th seed based on the fact that Navy has a little problem with losing their fair play points.
Plankton

Post by Plankton »

Gold, Navy and Blue were all picked equally for Wayzata
MNhockeyrep10

MTKA

Post by MNhockeyrep10 »

MTKA JGB is one of the best teams in the state. THey started off slow but are coming on strong in thhe dog days of the season. Number 3 is really emerging as a star player...he will surely be looked at to get moved up to the show next year. They will win state because of # 3
jvail19

Post by jvail19 »

hahahahaahhahahahahahhaa yeha right. tonka is not gunna even make the playoffs. your 4-9-1 after today 4-10-1. your third to last prior lake and buffalo are ahead of you. no way your even coming close to making it. oh you lost to lakeville didnt you. how embarrassing
JGB_superduperfan

Post by JGB_superduperfan »

jvail19 wrote:hahahahaahhahahahahahhaa yeha right. tonka is not gunna even make the playoffs. your 4-9-1 after today 4-10-1. your third to last prior lake and buffalo are ahead of you. no way your even coming close to making it. oh you lost to lakeville didnt you. how embarrassing
dude you guys got lucky seriously we had you beat until like the last 2 minutes of the game, and were just waiting for our slump to get over then we will be ranked #1
jvail19

Post by jvail19 »

JGB_superduperfan wrote:
jvail19 wrote:hahahahaahhahahahahahhaa yeha right. tonka is not gunna even make the playoffs. your 4-9-1 after today 4-10-1. your third to last prior lake and buffalo are ahead of you. no way your even coming close to making it. oh you lost to lakeville didnt you. how embarrassing
dude you guys got lucky seriously we had you beat until like the last 2 minutes of the game, and were just waiting for our slump to get over then we will be ranked #1
hahahahaha you cant even make the playoffs. hahahaha we beat you 10-3 your so bad. better luck next year. oh wait you'll still be bad
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

West:

1. Wayzata Gold-all but clinched it...
2. Edina Green-favorable match ups, FP points are a must.
3. Bville-Fighting with Edina Green for 2 spot. Will see if ALL PLAYERS SHOW UP :)
4. Wayzata Blue-Big couple of games left including one against White that has not been posted...
5. Edina White-FP points and must wins left... Big rivalry game as reg season closer.
6. EP Black-Time to put up or shut up. 2/22 could potentially decide fate of season.

East:
1. RAVE-Need to be more consistent outside of regular season games. Losses to Blaine? Edina White?
2. Roseville-Physical when need to be, few key losses and ties keep from the 1 spot.
3. N St Paul-FP points and a few big wins put them above #4. Solid when they play as a team.
4. Tartan-FP points only count during the season. Can they stay out of the box?
5. WBL Orange-Tough to say which team will show up. Got on a run but tough end of schedule coming as they face teams fighting for a spot.
6. Tough to say... There are 4 teams fighting for 1 spot and all of them play each other. My best bet would be if the Totino Grace boys decide to show up, North Metro has best shot. DO NOT rule out WBL Black or Cent and Wessy's. Just a guess at North Metro.

D8:
1. St Thomas
2. Woodbury

Just an estimation based on the season as a whole and where the standings are now. MHL has not updated website on a few key games.
Beakin'

Post by Beakin' »

newsguy35 wrote:West:

1. Wayzata Gold-all but clinched it...
2. Edina Green-favorable match ups, FP points are a must.
3. Bville-Fighting with Edina Green for 2 spot. Will see if ALL PLAYERS SHOW UP :)
4. Wayzata Blue-Big couple of games left including one against White that has not been posted...
5. Edina White-FP points and must wins left... Big rivalry game as reg season closer.
6. EP Black-Time to put up or shut up. 2/22 could potentially decide fate of season.

East:
1. RAVE-Need to be more consistent outside of regular season games. Losses to Blaine? Edina White?
2. Roseville-Physical when need to be, few key losses and ties keep from the 1 spot.
3. N St Paul-FP points and a few big wins put them above #4. Solid when they play as a team.
4. Tartan-FP points only count during the season. Can they stay out of the box?
5. WBL Orange-Tough to say which team will show up. Got on a run but tough end of schedule coming as they face teams fighting for a spot.
6. Tough to say... There are 4 teams fighting for 1 spot and all of them play each other. My best bet would be if the Totino Grace boys decide to show up, North Metro has best shot. DO NOT rule out WBL Black or Cent and Wessy's. Just a guess at North Metro.

D8:
1. St Thomas
2. Woodbury

Just an estimation based on the season as a whole and where the standings are now. MHL has not updated website on a few key games.
EP needs to win the next 3 and possibly have Wayzata Blue choke and lose their last games (which probably won't happen considering the matchups) in order to get the 6th spot. As of right now (the standings probably aren't updated) Wayzata leads EP by 1 point. Should be interesting to see who can pull through. 2/22 is also a big game between Blue and EP. Last time we met, EP held on for the first 2 but let up in the third, allowing 2 or 3 goals that lost it for them.
Purple Panda

Post by Purple Panda »

Wayzata Navy is in if Wayzata Blue beats EP, and Navy beats Burnsville
jvail19

Post by jvail19 »

East
#1 RAVE
#2 Roseville
#3 WBL Orange
#4 NSP
#5 Tartan
#6 North Metro

West
#1 Wayzata Gold
#2 Burnsville
#3 Edina Green
#4 Edina White
#5 Wayzata Blue
#6 Wayzata Navy/ EP BlK

There are 3 teams that could possibly take the #6 spot in east Centennial North Metro Or WBL BLk. North Metro looks to have the best spot for it but it depends on how much these teams want it.

In the west IF Navy can get 4 out of a possible 6 points they would win the tie for head to head against EP BLK but EP needs to lose two of their games for that to happen. Im thinking EP moves on... Any thoughts?
Purple Panda

Post by Purple Panda »

jvail19 wrote:East
#1 RAVE
#2 Roseville
#3 WBL Orange
#4 NSP
#5 Tartan
#6 North Metro

West
#1 Wayzata Gold
#2 Burnsville
#3 Edina Green
#4 Edina White
#5 Wayzata Blue
#6 Wayzata Navy/ EP BlK

There are 3 teams that could possibly take the #6 spot in east Centennial North Metro Or WBL BLk. North Metro looks to have the best spot for it but it depends on how much these teams want it.

In the west IF Navy can get 4 out of a possible 6 points they would win the tie for head to head against EP BLK but EP needs to lose two of their games for that to happen. Im thinking EP moves on... Any thoughts?
Navy will go over EP black... cuz if Blue beats EP and Navy gets the Fair Play point against Bville thats all they need. But i wouldnt doubt Navy beating Burnsville. They are 1-2 against them in the past.
jvail19

Post by jvail19 »

but see navy has to get the fair play point to tie ep cuz ep plays a weak elk river team who the dominated 6-0 last time they met so then they only need to get the FPP in the last two games and if they tie blue or EP red they are in and they will probably beat ep red. all ep has to do is beat elk river and ep red and they are in.
Purple Panda

Post by Purple Panda »

jvail19 wrote:but see navy has to get the fair play point to tie ep cuz ep plays a weak elk river team who the dominated 6-0 last time they met so then they only need to get the FPP in the last two games and if they tie blue or EP red they are in and they will probably beat ep red. all ep has to do is beat elk river and ep red and they are in.
i did not know that. well however it comes down to it, it will be very close.
Beakin'

Post by Beakin' »

Should be an interesting week of hockey...
Plankton

Post by Plankton »

sounds like a whole lot of craziness coming out of JGB this week at least as teams fight for the #5 and #6 Seeds in Regions
Beakin'

Post by Beakin' »

Plankton wrote:sounds like a whole lot of craziness coming out of JGB this week at least as teams fight for the #5 and #6 Seeds in Regions
Big game against Wayzata Blue and EP Black tonight
jvail19

Post by jvail19 »

i think ep black will lose tonight but finish the year with a win against ep red and make it to the playoffs but the dont really have what it takes to beat the top teams where navy does. i think navy could go further but having trouble with their fpp will cost them their chance
Beakin'

Post by Beakin' »

jvail19 wrote:i think ep black will lose tonight but finish the year with a win against ep red and make it to the playoffs but the dont really have what it takes to beat the top teams where navy does. i think navy could go further but having trouble with their fpp will cost them their chance
Navy and EP Black tied awhile ago, it was a good game. I think we are pretty evenly matched.

As for the game tonight, don't count us out yet, I don't think we'll go down without a fight against Blue.
Purple Panda

Post by Purple Panda »

Beakin' wrote:
jvail19 wrote:i think ep black will lose tonight but finish the year with a win against ep red and make it to the playoffs but the dont really have what it takes to beat the top teams where navy does. i think navy could go further but having trouble with their fpp will cost them their chance
Navy and EP Black tied awhile ago, it was a good game. I think we are pretty evenly matched.

As for the game tonight, don't count us out yet, I don't think we'll go down without a fight against Blue.
the game of navy vs ep blk was BS. we had like 10 skaters, including one of our goalies skating out as our 4th Defense.
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Navy leads EP-Black by 1 point and each have one game left (EP-Black vs. EP-Red and Navy vs. Burnsville). EP-Black needs all 3 points Thursday night and needs Burnsville to beat Navy to get into regionals. 2 points from Navy on Friday night (assuming Black gets all 3 Thursday) and the are in.
Plankton

Post by Plankton »

and Burnsville needs the game just as badly as Navy does because Burnsville needs to get all of their remaining possible points to have a shot at the #1 Seed coming out of the West, Wayzata Gold's Magic number is 1 with 1 game left against Crow River
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Plankton wrote:and Burnsville needs the game just as badly as Navy does because Burnsville needs to get all of their remaining possible points to have a shot at the #1 Seed coming out of the West, Wayzata Gold's Magic number is 1 with 1 game left against Crow River
Good luck against Crow. Keep your head up, they've been playing cheap.