Elite teams from MN- They did pretty well in Winnipeg

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

EnjoyTheShow

Post by EnjoyTheShow »

Tellitlikeitis wrote:Truth is whatever tourney the Monopoly program is in you don't know who's going to be on those rosters. Just look at the rosters from each tourney and they constantly have many rent a players with different colored breezers, helmets, stickers from their 'main' team on the helmet. At least that's the case for the '00's and '99's.

They can't compete with their normal roster and always have room to add since their core team is 10 players or so. On their '00 team they only have 4-5 players that are invite caliber talent. They have 2-3 quality forwards (when the red helmet kid plays) and 2 top defensemen and that's it. The rest is a mix and match of players and players in over their heads. That's the truth and everybody knows it and it's a running joke each tourney they get in.

In Winnipeg they got worked and it was a whole new roster with none or few of their good players. Why they entered this quality of a tournament is beyond me.

Their '99 team's performance was downright embarassing. Got crushed 14-0 and looking at their roster of 10 skaters all which was also on the International Cup that won it shows how weak the '99 invite level was at the international Cup with no Blades or Machine or quality Canada teams.

They want to play with the big boys but simply don't have to horses. Can't compete with 4-5 players who belong and a mix of open level players. It's a team game and you need a strong team and not just 1 line.
Let me tell it like it is. The roster that was in the program was not accurate. There were only 3 99' monopoly(competitive Edge) players on the entire team of 15. they were suppose to be in the 2nd category and were asked to be in the top division to help the tournament director. The team they lost 14-0 to won the final by 5 goals. They happen to allow their players to play baseball and as a result have had as little as 10 skaters on occasion. their 99' team has been in the final of the last four invite tournaments they were in, and won 1 and took 2nd 3 times. sounds like they are doing just fine.
The 00' team they had in Winnipeg sounded very competitive. The were up 3-0 on brick Saskatchewan and tied 3-3 late in the 3rd and hit a wall. They would have had an even stronger team, but they are taking their top players to the Brick with the blades and parents couldn't do both.

What do you have to say about the behavior of your coach? If what is written above is true, he is a complete mess. To say that 10 year olds are a "running joke" maybe you know that coach VERY well. As far as a program that is apparently terrible, why are you always so worried what they are doing. Fear and jealousy are powerful. I hope they keep getting stronger and eventually beat your beloved orange. I have a feeling if they do, they will do it with much more class than what your coach showed.
icnet01

Post by icnet01 »

To my knowledge the championship team in the 99 age division is a rent an all star team. Both the Bauer teams were a collection of poorly mix match hockey gear.
wayupnorth

Post by wayupnorth »

Isn't that what spring hockey is? All-star teams? AAA, I thought means bring your best because you will play the best. If you cannot compete either do not go or get better players.
icnet01

Post by icnet01 »

Yes that is what spring hockey is thus I don't comprehend the negative comments about the Monopoly organization picking up players.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

Tellitlikeitis wrote:Truth is whatever tourney the Monopoly program is in you don't know who's going to be on those rosters. Just look at the rosters from each tourney and they constantly have many rent a players with different colored breezers, helmets, stickers from their 'main' team on the helmet. At least that's the case for the '00's and '99's.

They can't compete with their normal roster and always have room to add since their core team is 10 players or so. On their '00 team they only have 4-5 players that are invite caliber talent. They have 2-3 quality forwards (when the red helmet kid plays) and 2 top defensemen and that's it. The rest is a mix and match of players and players in over their heads. That's the truth and everybody knows it and it's a running joke each tourney they get in.

In Winnipeg they got worked and it was a whole new roster with none or few of their good players. Why they entered this quality of a tournament is beyond me.

Their '99 team's performance was downright embarassing. Got crushed 14-0 and looking at their roster of 10 skaters all which was also on the International Cup that won it shows how weak the '99 invite level was at the international Cup with no Blades or Machine or quality Canada teams.

They want to play with the big boys but simply don't have to horses. Can't compete with 4-5 players who belong and a mix of open level players. It's a team game and you need a strong team and not just 1 line.
You're referring to 10-11 year olds....They are ALL little boys.
hockey_is_a_choice

Post by hockey_is_a_choice »

Consider the following: A 10-2 result is a obviously a victory, but ask a 10-year old kid about a 10-2 result and he will tell you "We won" and that's about it. In contrast, ask a parent who is living vicariously through his or her child about the game result and he or she will tell you "We thumped the other team." In both cases the child and the parent begin their respective responses with the pronoun "we."

Now consider this scenario: A 10-year old kid brings home a report card with all As. The kid is humble when someone specifically asks about his grades, telling the interested party "I worked hard and earned all As this quarter." The parent, in turn, may brag about the report card, but begins the sentence with "[insert child's name] earned all As this quarter." Note, the pronoun "we" is not used by the parent when discussing the child's grades, unlike the child's athletic accomplishments. Moreover, I doubt most--and possibly all of us--have ever heard even the most over-the-top parent brag that "My son earned all As and your son had to settle for Cs. My kid thumped your kid in the GPA game." Yet, most--and possibly all of us--have heard dunderheaded parents brag that "We trounced the [insert name of 2000 team]."

Something to think about . . .
EnjoyTheShow

Post by EnjoyTheShow »

hockey_is_a_choice wrote:Consider the following: A 10-2 result is a obviously a victory, but ask a 10-year old kid about a 10-2 result and he will tell you "We won" and that's about it. In contrast, ask a parent who is living vicariously through his or her child about the game result and he or she will tell you "We thumped the other team." In both cases the child and the parent begin their respective responses with the pronoun "we."

Now consider this scenario: A 10-year old kid brings home a report card with all As. The kid is humble when someone specifically asks about his grades, telling the interested party "I worked hard and earned all As this quarter." The parent, in turn, may brag about the report card, but begins the sentence with "[insert child's name] earned all As this quarter." Note, the pronoun "we" is not used by the parent when discussing the child's grades, unlike the child's athletic accomplishments. Moreover, I doubt most--and possibly all of us--have ever heard even the most over-the-top parent brag that "My son earned all As and your son had to settle for Cs. My kid thumped your kid in the GPA game." Yet, most--and possibly all of us--have heard dunderheaded parents brag that "We trounced the [insert name of 2000 team]."

Something to think about . . .
Very well stated!
Pucksahater

Post by Pucksahater »

Ets i you have previously stated that you coach in winter only, but yet you know alot about winnipeg tourny. Scott your a joke, you come on here with several different monikers and have conversations with yourself. Grow up.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

I can't speak for everyone, but when a lot of us say "we" when referring to the team it's just because it is more convenient than saying the more appropriate "my son's/daughter's team". I think most people realize this and understand that we don't believe that "we" are actually on the team. :D
EnjoyTheShow

Post by EnjoyTheShow »

Pucksahater wrote:Ets i you have previously stated that you coach in winter only, but yet you know alot about winnipeg tourny. Scott your a joke, you come on here with several different monikers and have conversations with yourself. Grow up.
Actually I did talk to Scott about the tournament in length. He is apparently a better man than me, because if I was in his shoes I would have had a lot more to say about Jingels. I also talked to a parent from the Monopoly and a parent from your machine team. They all had pretty much the same story.

You are apparently a huge fan of ETS, Myself, Puckstops, etc. That is all you "use this moniker" to post about. I am yet to see a post that has any insight from you. you are obviously OBSESSED with what other programs are doing.

What are your thoughts about a coach taunting an injured 10 year old? what are your thoughts about your coach making fun of the opposing goalie(10 year old) while going through the hand shake? What about you/your coach going at the monopoly coach about the brick team, using strong words, during the hand shake. Do you think that is acceptable adult behavior? The thought of that classless "boy" coaching an Edina squirt A team shocks me. He might be able to get away with that kind of behavior in AAA but he will certainly run into trouble this winter if he goes that route?

Please answer these questions as opposed to creating more conspiracy theories.
Dave's a mess!

Post by Dave's a mess! »

EnjoyTheShow wrote:
Pucksahater wrote:Ets i you have previously stated that you coach in winter only, but yet you know alot about winnipeg tourny. Scott your a joke, you come on here with several different monikers and have conversations with yourself. Grow up.
Actually I did talk to Scott about the tournament in length. He is apparently a better man than me, because if I was in his shoes I would have had a lot more to say about Jingels. I also talked to a parent from the Monopoly and a parent from your machine team. They all had pretty much the same story.

You are apparently a huge fan of ETS, Myself, Puckstops, etc. That is all you "use this moniker" to post about. I am yet to see a post that has any insight from you. you are obviously OBSESSED with what other programs are doing.

What are your thoughts about a coach taunting an injured 10 year old? what are your thoughts about your coach making fun of the opposing goalie(10 year old) while going through the hand shake? What about you/your coach going at the monopoly coach about the brick team, using strong words, during the hand shake. Do you think that is acceptable adult behavior? The thought of that classless "boy" coaching an Edina squirt A team shocks me. He might be able to get away with that kind of behavior in AAA but he will certainly run into trouble this winter if he goes that route?

Conspiracy theories?!?!? What about hear say?

Apparently ETS you were at this game and you can VERIFY that all this was said since you were down there? (NO, YOU WEREN'T - but you DID talk to Scott so it must be true!) Unless you were there on the ice refrain from passing along the blown up version from the parents of a team that were bent because they just got blown out (yes all those crazy moms with two or three little kids running around in the entry way of the rink that were WAITING for all the Machine parents to walk out so they could make sure they were heard ONE MORE TIME). NONE of those comments were ever said. Bottom line is that it was all started because your head coach sent a kid to run over the Machine center on a face off. That's when it got out of hand. Your coach will never admit doing it but that's what happened.

And the BS that you said you talked to a Machine parent about the situation and they confirmed all this - seriously - get a clue.
EnjoyTheShow

Post by EnjoyTheShow »

Dave's a mess! wrote:
EnjoyTheShow wrote:

Apparently ETS you were at this game and you can VERIFY that all this was said since you were down there? (NO, YOU WEREN'T - but you DID talk to Scott so it must be true!) Unless you were there on the ice refrain from passing along the blown up version from the parents of a team that were bent because they just got blown out (yes all those crazy moms with two or three little kids running around in the entry way of the rink that were WAITING for all the Machine parents to walk out so they could make sure they were heard ONE MORE TIME). NONE of those comments were ever said. Bottom line is that it was all started because your head coach sent a kid to run over the Machine center on a face off. That's when it got out of hand. Your coach will never admit doing it but that's what happened.

And the BS that you said you talked to a Machine parent about the situation and they confirmed all this - seriously - get a clue.
Where you on the ice? The goalies dad was! Also did your coach bring up the Brick? is that relevant to that game? You are correct, I wasn't there. Actually the coach didn't really talk about that incident to me because he said its not worth going back to. I just think that the coach that behaves out of control should be addressed. I was at the Easton cup last year when the same coach yelled at a player repeatedly from the monopoly team during the game. I guess I have no reason to think the parents would lie, including a parent from your team. Is it true that Machine had 2 or 3 guys in the box at the end of the game while Monopoly had 0. If so, it looks like your team was taking runs. again, which coach are you, as you must of been on the ice.
suuperdave

Post by suuperdave »

Funny, I heard the Monopoly did that last year at the end of the game at the 99 level...sent someone out to the faceoff to deliver a crosscheck in the facemask knocking the opponent on his back. Same coach or just the same philosophy for the organization?
EnjoyTheShow

Post by EnjoyTheShow »

suuperdave wrote:Funny, I heard the Monopoly did that last year at the end of the game at the 99 level...sent someone out to the faceoff to deliver a crosscheck in the facemask knocking the opponent on his back. Same coach or just the same philosophy for the organization?
where do you people come up with this stuff? Its interesting that only the machine people make these claims.

Let me get this straight. You are suggesting that a Monopoly coach told his player to strike and opposing kid in the head? So your saying the coach told a player to attempt to injure another player? just want to make sure thats what your suggesting.
Last edited by EnjoyTheShow on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

Dave's A Mess, let me fix this for you. What about hearsay?
suuperdave

Post by suuperdave »

Yes. And a small group of the parents cheered and a mom said, "they're only little machines." Then a father of a Monopoly player apologized on their behalf. Same coach or just the same philosophy, you forgot to answer the question, I did?
Dave's a mess!

Post by Dave's a mess! »

EnjoyTheShow wrote:
Dave's a mess! wrote:
EnjoyTheShow wrote: Actually I did talk to Scott about the tournament in length. He is apparently a better man than me, because if I was in his shoes I would have had a lot more to say about Jingels. I also talked to a parent from the Monopoly and a parent from your machine team. They all had pretty much the same story.

Where you on the ice? The goalies dad was! Also did your coach bring up the Brick? is that relevant to that game? You are correct, I wasn't there. Actually the coach didn't really talk about that incident to me because he said its not worth going back to. I just think that the coach that behaves out of control should be addressed. I was at the Easton cup last year when the same coach yelled at a player repeatedly from the monopoly team during the game. I guess I have no reason to think the parents would lie, including a parent from your team. Is it true that Machine had 2 or 3 guys in the box at the end of the game while Monopoly had 0. If so, it looks like your team was taking runs. again, which coach are you, as you must of been on the ice.
I don't deny you talked to Don Scott but your facts are still crooked because I WAS there and talked with Scott all weekend. You just heard what you wanted to hear and used it piecemeal here the way you wanted to.

Like I stated before - the Monopoly center took the first run and the Machine kids got into it after that so the Monopoly did have a player in the box and then the Machine had a couple.

I wish you would have been there when the two crazy moms waited in the lobby to scream and yell at all the Machine parents and their kids (in front of their own little kids) when the players came out. REAL CLASSY - not sure you would be defending these guys so aggressively if you saw it.

And if Brokaw didn't really want to talk about it why is he posting here on the board?
EnjoyTheShow

Post by EnjoyTheShow »

suuperdave wrote:Yes. And a small group of the parents cheered and a mom said, "they're only little machines." Then a father of a Monopoly player apologized on their behalf. Same coach or just the same philosophy, you forgot to answer the question, I did?
so before you heard this

Funny, I heard the Monopoly did that last year at the end of the game at the 99 level...sent someone out to the faceoff to deliver a crosscheck in the facemask knocking the opponent on his back. Same coach or just the same philosophy for the organization?QUOTE

But now you have quotes from parents?

What age level was this. I was in the stands for the 00's 2 games against the machine last year, and know that it didn't happen in either of those games. Matter's of fact those game were very clean by both teams.

so if your accusing a coach of this, you should have some facts. please enlighten me.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

Sounds like a bunch of parents on both sides need to get a clue.
play4fun

Post by play4fun »

muckandgrind wrote:Sounds like a bunch of parents on both sides need to get a clue.
Just got back with my popcorn. More fun than a FIFA match.
EnjoyTheShow

Post by EnjoyTheShow »

Dave's a mess! wrote:
EnjoyTheShow wrote:
Dave's a mess! wrote: Conspiracy theories?!?!? What about hear say?

I don't deny you talked to Don Scott but your facts are still crooked because I WAS there and talked with Scott all weekend. You just heard what you wanted to hear and used it piecemeal here the way you wanted to.

Like I stated before - the Monopoly center took the first run and the Machine kids got into it after that so the Monopoly did have a player in the box and then the Machine had a couple.

I wish you would have been there when the two crazy moms waited in the lobby to scream and yell at all the Machine parents and their kids (in front of their own little kids) when the players came out. REAL CLASSY - not sure you would be defending these guys so aggressively if you saw it.

And if Brokaw didn't really want to talk about it why is he posting here on the board?
I don't know any Don Scott. which Scott are you saying you talked to all weekend? So if you were on the ice, do you condone what your coach said to the monopoly coach?

I wouldn't condone any conversation being had by parents that are upset to other parents, in front of kids. I can't say how I would have behaved if I was the parent of a crying kid, who just told me that the other coach made terrible comments to him.

where are Brokaw's comments on here?
Dave's a mess!

Post by Dave's a mess! »

EnjoyTheShow wrote:
suuperdave wrote:Yes. And a small group of the parents cheered and a mom said, "they're only little machines." Then a father of a Monopoly player apologized on their behalf. Same coach or just the same philosophy, you forgot to answer the question, I did?
so before you heard this

Funny, I heard the Monopoly did that last year at the end of the game at the 99 level...sent someone out to the faceoff to deliver a crosscheck in the facemask knocking the opponent on his back. Same coach or just the same philosophy for the organization?QUOTE

What age level was this. I was in the stands for the 00's 2 games against the machine last year, and know that it didn't happen in either of those games. Matter's of fact those game were very clean by both teams.

so if your accusing a coach of this, you should have some facts. please enlighten me.
SD said it was at the 99 level. . .
EnjoyTheShow

Post by EnjoyTheShow »

Dave's a mess! wrote:
EnjoyTheShow wrote:
so before you heard this

SD said it was at the 99 level. . .
funny, they didn't play last year. :roll:

the 99' monopoly were at the open level last year.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

another thread done
suuperdave

Post by suuperdave »

99 level and yes they did match up for a game last year. Is the last year 99 coach the 00 coach this year? You fail to answer easy questions.