4A is decided

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mustangs29

4A is decided

Post by mustangs29 »

The complete seedings are as follows:

•No. 1 - St. Thomas Academy
•No. 2 - Totino-Grace
•No. 3 - South St. Paul
•No. 4 - Mahtomedi
•No. 5 - Chisago Lakes
•No. 6 - St. Paul Johnson
•No. 7 - Spring Lake Park
•No. 8 - St. Paul Academy/Mounds Park Academy
•No. 9 - Simley
•No. 10 - St. Paul Saints
•No. 11 - Minnehaha Academy
•No. 12 - St. Paul Highland Park

Any thoughts?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Cake walk for STA.

Totino might have had a shot in another section.

SSP has developed into a section runner-up program.

Mahtomedia is not consistent this year.

Chisago has a good record but jsut a slightly above average team.
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Elliott said it best, although I don't think its a cakewalk, STA is definitely the clear cut favorite to win the section. Totino should be the team to give them a run for their money in the section final though.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

GordonBombay99 wrote:Elliott said it best, although I don't think its a cakewalk, STA is definitely the clear cut favorite to win the section. Totino should be the team to give them a run for their money in the section final though.
Agreed...

For more on section 4A...

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25490

8)
The Puck
LGW
Govie

Post by Govie »

Walkover for STA.
bender0905

Post by bender0905 »

Be interesting to see a SSP vs Johnson game in the quarterfinal round pending a Johnson play in win...
ssppuck

Post by ssppuck »

Possibly! Maybe someday the team from Mendota Heights who gets kids from all over the state will go AA!
Govie wrote:Walkover for STA.
Govie

Post by Govie »

bender0905 wrote:Be interesting to see a SSP vs Johnson game in the quarterfinal round pending a Johnson play in win...
As always that's got to be one of the oldest/most storied rivalries in state (country) history.

I've seen the Govs play live a couple times this year and they weren't as atrocious as I would have suspected considering they only have a couple dozen going out for the squad nowadays.
ssppuck

Post by ssppuck »

Moose Younghans does a great job over there.
Govie wrote:
bender0905 wrote:Be interesting to see a SSP vs Johnson game in the quarterfinal round pending a Johnson play in win...
As always that's got to be one of the oldest/most storied rivalries in state (country) history.

I've seen the Govs play live a couple times this year and they weren't as atrocious as I would have suspected considering they only have a couple dozen going out for the squad nowadays.
MNpuck14

Post by MNpuck14 »

Tuesday's game (Mahtomedi v. STA) should be a great game. Don't be shocked if Mahtomedi upsets STA again, but I still see STA coming out on top. As for SSP and TG, I think Totino advances and plays STA in the finals. I think STA wins the championship by a score of 4-2. But still don't count out Mahtomedi and SSP just yet.
Armour

Post by Armour »

elliott70 wrote:Cake walk for STA.

I hope South St. Paul beats St. Thomas, if South St. Paul recruited players like that did at least they would have the guts to then play AA, Go Packers beat the pretty boys TG and STA. At least South St. Paul has a hockey tradition they didn't go out and buy one.
drop the puck

Post by drop the puck »

Armour wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Cake walk for STA.

I hope South St. Paul beats St. Thomas, if South St. Paul recruited players like that did at least they would have the guts to then play AA, Go Packers beat the pretty boys TG and STA. At least South St. Paul has a hockey tradition they didn't go out and buy one.

Really ? Always understood that on the girl's hockey side, SSP heavily relies on out of district girl's to maintain their program.
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

I think there are a couple of schools that would beg to differ on the boys side as well. Pretty sure Simley's lost a few over the years.